Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420554 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1050 on: July 02, 2018, 11:23:50 PM »
Glad my two season picks are in the running for the million. My fave team has been in the final 3 since season 19.

Hopefully the order is
1.Colin and Christie 
2. Tyler and Korey
3. Leo and Jamal

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1051 on: July 02, 2018, 11:46:41 PM »
So all those teams worked together except Afghanimals. Hmmm thats making me even more suspicious

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1052 on: July 03, 2018, 12:01:48 AM »
Really worried Afghanimals will win. I feel like theyre super determined. And theyre such a strong team.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1053 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:05 AM »
And they are doing a F4 again yikes
Not only they reused a greeter, they also reused a F4 KOR twist  :groan:
At lest Tyler & Korey not confirmed F3, maybe they will choke again in final leg. 

t
Just catching up. Now  that we know more ...Noting that these posts are not correct. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1054 on: July 03, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »
How can production let that video leak?  :groan: Its like they do not care.
That video as I understand it was filmed by the owner of a shop that production set up next to. Nothing production could have done except move to a different spot, and the shopkeeper was within his rights.
Potential finale location comment: I'm keeping an eye out for this one. I feel like it's completely not okay to glaze over the dark history and desolation that has run rampant there for the past half-century; otherwise, the visit would just be moronic and they could have highlighted just about any other city skyline in New England. It's blatantly obvious the city has suffered cultural and financial catastrophe so let's not pretend it's all cars, downtown glitz and old-timey glam there. :res:
You do need to keep up with what has been happening in that city the last few years. (I have.) Renewal, Renaissance, and Redemption makes a powerful story for a city and even a winning TAR team. ;)
I'm happy with Colin & Christie winning, they missed it in S.5 or Leo & Jamal because 3rd times the charm. Really not liking Tyler & Korey, very annoying. Are Nicole & Victor out? I would prefer them over Tyler & Korey any day.
I had posted as soon as the news came from the start line that this would be a redemptive season for Colin and Christie, for all sorts of reasons. And clearly it will be no matter what. They are one of the few teams that have gone around the world twice on TAR. That's in and of itself is a rare feat. But I do what them to win to wipe out the nightmare of a flat tire and a bad taxi driver of their original final leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1055 on: July 03, 2018, 01:01:55 AM »
That video as I understand it was filmed by the owner of a shop that production set up next to. Nothing production could have done except move to a different spot, and the shopkeeper was within his rights.
Potential finale location comment: I'm keeping an eye out for this one. I feel like it's completely not okay to glaze over the dark history and desolation that has run rampant there for the past half-century; otherwise, the visit would just be moronic and they could have highlighted just about any other city skyline in New England. It's blatantly obvious the city has suffered cultural and financial catastrophe so let's not pretend it's all cars, downtown glitz and old-timey glam there. :res:
You do need to keep up with what has been happening in that city the last few years. (I have.) Renewal, Renaissance, and Redemption makes a powerful story for a city and even a winning TAR team. ;)
I'm happy with Colin & Christie winning, they missed it in S.5 or Leo & Jamal because 3rd times the charm. Really not liking Tyler & Korey, very annoying. Are Nicole & Victor out? I would prefer them over Tyler & Korey any day.
I had posted as soon as the news came from the start line that this would be a redemptive season for Colin and Christie, for all sorts of reasons. And clearly it will be no matter what. They are one of the few teams that have gone around the world twice on TAR. That's in and of itself is a rare feat. But I do what them to win to wipe out the nightmare of a flat tire and a bad taxi driver of their original final leg.
The reason why Colin and Christie lost was mainly the flight and the decision of them to check the luggage for the final leg, causing them unable to switch to an earlier flight that Chip and Kim was on. I have never questioned Colin's ability of carrying Christie to the finale, what I have been worried was whether Christie can perform roadblocks  :groan:, but ultimately she did it and made the final 3! :luvya:

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1056 on: July 03, 2018, 01:03:04 AM »

Colin and Christie better ask the taxi driver in Detroit if the car's condition is 100% perfect and if it has enough gas before hopping on lol

Wow i'm so nervous for them. Pls win!

Offline TARfanTX

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1057 on: July 03, 2018, 01:15:42 AM »

Colin and Christie better ask the taxi driver in Detroit if the car's condition is 100% perfect and if it has enough gas before hopping on lol

Wow i'm so nervous for them. Pls win!

Same! I'll be so upset if Leo/Jamal win  :groan:

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1058 on: July 03, 2018, 01:19:43 AM »

Same! I'll be so upset if Leo/Jamal win  :groan:

Worst case scenario. One of the people i didnt want to go far pre-season.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:08:44 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1059 on: July 03, 2018, 01:56:30 AM »
I can't believe that post leg interview leaked online. If it was the owner/staff who posted that on Youtube and WRP found out, can WRP sue them? 😶😶 i think the owner/staffs have  signed agreement not to post anything about the race.

Talking about Final 3, I'm okay with the finish order
1. Collin & Christie
2. Tyler & Korey
3. Leo & Jamal

Or

1. Tyler & Korey
2. Collin & Christie
3. Leo & Jamal

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1060 on: July 03, 2018, 02:05:14 AM »
I can't believe that post leg interview leaked online. If it was the owner/staff who posted that on Youtube and WRP found out, can WRP sue them? 😶😶 i think the owner/staffs have  signed agreement not to post anything about the race.

Talking about Final 3, I'm okay with the finish order
1. Collin & Christie
2. Tyler & Korey
3. Leo & Jamal

Or

1. Tyler & Korey
2. Collin & Christie
3. Leo & Jamal

The shop owner is a bystander, and UK law would govern. I seriously doubt they would have been asked to sign a release/NDA because I don't think production even realized this could/would happen. They have to get a release from people who production filmed/records for the show, not bystanders. And from the other video link, this is a ecerpt of a much longer You Tube live feed posted online. But it is interesting, to say the least. As I mentioned before, I don't think I've ever seen such a video/audio made and posted before. Confirms a lot of how production does it, and thus, a very unique piece of spoiler.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1061 on: July 03, 2018, 02:14:37 AM »

WRP has NOT been doing NDA's as strictly as before. I don't know if that is by choice or just something that slipped thru the cracks.

But to have the travel agent in Croatia advertising her agency with a post featuring teams before they even left the building and this example are both unacceptable in my mind.

Having said that, having this example of how much effort goes into storytelling is fascinating to see. But it would have taken almost no effort to edit out the bits referring to their elimination and leaving the suspense open....so! My guess is they had no clue...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1062 on: July 03, 2018, 02:27:03 AM »
Production already knows everyone knows about the cast. A couple weeks ago, I unexpectedly had Pat Cariaga like a couple of my tweets talking about the cast (he went on a bit of a spree with them, I notice).

Maybe with the nature of this cast, they're not too concerned with a little pre-publicity getting out, lol.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1063 on: July 03, 2018, 02:30:25 AM »
The reason why Colin and Christie lost was mainly the flight and the decision of them to check the luggage for the final leg, causing them unable to switch to an earlier flight that Chip and Kim was on. I have never questioned Colin's ability of carrying Christie to the finale, what I have been worried was whether Christie can perform roadblocks  :groan:, but ultimately she did it and made the final 3! :luvya:

Colin and Christie should just leave their bags at the Detroit airport and pick them up after the race. Or just forget them lol. Like how Chippendales did in s20

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1064 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:56 AM »

WRP has NOT been doing NDA's as strictly as before. I don't know if that is by choice or just something that slipped thru the cracks.

But to have the travel agent in Croatia advertising her agency with a post featuring teams before they even left the building and this example are both unacceptable in my mind.

Having said that, having this example of how much effort goes into storytelling is fascinating to see. But it would have taken almost no effort to edit out the bits referring to their elimination and leaving the suspense open....so! My guess is they had no clue...
I think a distinction can be made between the travel agency, who dealt directly with the teams and camera crews, and this shop owner who is a complete bystander and apparently had no clue this would be happening but was aware enough (especially in the UK) and tech savvy enough to use a live stream feed. I think the two situations are distinct. WRP  would likely win a claim on the travel agency, but not the shop owner. JMHO.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:20:24 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1065 on: July 03, 2018, 05:20:48 AM »
Colin and Christie should just leave their bags at the Detroit airport and pick them up after the race. Or just forget them lol. Like how Chippendales did in s20

With TAR vets racing, all 3 will definitely be checking in the bags and will only race with fanny pack.
Happy that C/C made it to finale again, considering how much the game changed from S5, not just with RB equal break-down, but the recent rules that reduced the ticket purchase shenanigans from the old days or having locals help you during the race.
Especially considering how Art and JJ is our most probable first boot of the race. Still wish we had one F/F TAR team cast instead of them.
With Tyler&Korey and Colin&Christie making the final 3, it doubles the number of racers making the finale twice, joining Eric, Brendon and Rachel.
As I mentioned before not a BB or Survivor viewer, so I have no opinion over the new racers that come from the other shows. Historically former BB cast seems to fare better in TAR than Survivor cast, not called Rob and Amber. Although I was never Rachel's biggest fan in previous races, she was active in getting them into 2 finales, so I am intrigued to watch what will be her racing style without Brendon beside her.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:32:12 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1066 on: July 03, 2018, 05:52:46 AM »
All the dear lords of TAR please make Colin & Christie win.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1067 on: July 03, 2018, 05:57:42 AM »
Prayers circle for Colin and Christie yall!!!

Dear all gods please hear our prayers, lol. Pls pls

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1068 on: July 03, 2018, 06:54:13 AM »
I wish Colin/Christie all the luck needed to win in Detroit, them losing in TAR5 was unfortunate considering how well prepared Colin was at that time. I still recalled he even booked a taxi at Dallas to save time, but the sudden last minute  earlier flight for Chip/Kim changed everything...

I’m not fan of afghanimals since I think they have had enough chance to win but lost both times, especially TAR23 when they were in the lead and being overtaken in last task, really no need to have a second or third chance.

I don’t mind seeing Tyler in final 3 but I don’t think they need to win. Korey is quite bland though.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1069 on: July 03, 2018, 07:19:04 AM »
I’m not fan of afghanimals since I think they have had enough chance to win but lost both times, especially TAR23 when they were in the lead and being overtaken in last task, really no need to have a second or third chance.

The most iconic moment in all of TAR23, tbh. I still remember Nicole & Amy working against Marie, and even though she was in last Marie still managed to surpass everybody and place first after that roadblock. They should've definitely called back Tim & Marie instead of Leo & Jamal, would've made this season all the more enjoyable

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1070 on: July 03, 2018, 07:25:30 AM »

The most iconic moment in all of TAR23, tbh. I still remember Nicole & Amy working against Marie, and even though she was in last Marie still managed to surpass everybody and place first after that roadblock. They should've definitely called back Tim & Marie instead of Leo & Jamal, would've made this season all the more enjoyable
I read somewhere they actually did ask Tim & Marie to come back for All stars but they turned it down.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline MakiseKurisuLover

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • People's feelings are memories that transcend time
« Reply #1071 on: July 03, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »
Christie Lee Woods-Guinn is last female standing  :2hearts: :2hearts:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1072 on: July 03, 2018, 08:04:45 AM »
I am rather happy with the final 3, even though I kind of wished Fun was among them. Just hoping for a great final leg design, and wouldn't mind seeing any of the 3 of them win.

The interesting part of the teams break down, is each team represent a different generation of TAR racers.
Colin & Christie are part from the original All-Star1(S11) generation team. Even though they were not part of that All Star cast, they are part of that generation.
Leo & Jamal are part of the second All-Stars2 (S24) generation team.
Tyler & Korey are part of the post second All-Stars team. 

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1073 on: July 03, 2018, 08:22:42 AM »
Personally I feel like they gave a huge home team advantage to former TAR players that not only ran once before, but twice.  They stacked the deck, which sucks!  I think they should have had BB 4, Survivor 4 and TAR 3 OR just kept to all BB OR all a mix of BB and Survivor. From the sounds of it, Victor and Nicole would have been in the F3 because they had a huge lead over Colin and Christie. But they had travel problems (Taxi). GAH! I feel so bad for them!  :'(

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1074 on: July 03, 2018, 08:40:51 AM »
 Ah, things never go the way you want them too : (
In retrospective, definitely feel like they should have made this a BB Vs. Survivor theme, but then again that would guarantee a loss in viewership from casuals and other fans alike, so I guess this wasn't that bad of a season.

Here's to hoping a good team wins this season.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:32:43 PM by georgiapeach »