Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420546 times)

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
I love Janelle but Brit not so much !! I think Rachel&Elissa have a better chance at WINNING then most PPL think! Yes Rachel came in 3rd twice but her& Brendon were in top 3 twice with great COMPETETORS! Elissa on her SEASON of Big Brother won a cpl of tough COMPS plus being a yoga instructor is a huge plus! Unless something terrible happens I'm predicting Rachel & Elissa in top 3!!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2018, 09:53:18 AM »
Yay!!! Finally, Laos is visited and we finally have the entirety of southeast Asia completed.

The race has not been to Brunei and Myanmar yet :(

Don't forget East Timor.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
I love Janelle but Brit not so much !! I think Rachel&Elissa have a better chance at WINNING then most PPL think! Yes Rachel came in 3rd twice but her& Brendon were in top 3 twice with great COMPETETORS! Elissa on her SEASON of Big Brother won a cpl of tough COMPS plus being a yoga instructor is a huge plus! Unless something terrible happens I'm predicting Rachel & Elissa in top 3!!

I hope Rachel & Elissa go further. We haven't had a high-placing Sister's team since Natalie & Nadiya of S.21 (4th Place)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »
Yay!!! Finally, Laos is visited and we finally have the entirety of southeast Asia completed.

Don't forget East Timor.

To avoid confusion People consider Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam to be the mainland southeast Asia. Myanmar (Burma) is considered to be south-central Asia. Indoneisa, Malaysia, Brunei, and Timor-Leste are considered to be the islands of Southeast Asia. I should have been more specific.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:09:23 AM by NELs »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »

Don't forget East Timor.

It's called Timor-Leste

You can say both.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »

Don't forget East Timor.

It's called Timor-Leste

You can say both.

I edited it to give a little geography lesson

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »
Only commenting on the Survivor teams because I don't really watch Big Brother (and only did a few seasons of TAR, I'm sorry!)

I've never liked Corinne at all. Her meanness never comes off as entertaining or clever, the way that you'd get from people like Parvati or Courtney Yates, but it's just sort of "I'll choose the lowest blow possible and pass that off as a personality trait." The less screen time we get from her, the better. Eliza is a good enough tradeoff that I'll probably still root for them, unless she winds up being terrible and whiny, in which case I'll probably just be disappointed.

Rupert and Laura... egh. I understand the people that hate them, but I also understand the people that love them. Rupert can come off as overly sanctimonious or full of himself, but I think he's a genuine guy that just doesn't have the social skills to understand how he's being perceived sometimes - and the same definitely goes for Laura to a much more extreme degree. I think they're great people in real life, but I definitely see them being targeted and outmatched here, and they'll probably get a lot of negative attention that they don't deserve. It might also go the opposite way and they get a ton of positive attention that they don't necessarily deserve, which will only tick the haters off more. It's really hard to say, but all in all I hope for the best for them.

Bret and Chris would be a really interesting dynamic, I think. The two of them didn't appear super close on the show, but I really liked both of them separately (which is saying something, since the older males almost always tend to be my least favorite contestants after the way-overplayed "hag" archetype) and I'll be interested to see how well they can work together. Chris at least was a pretty solid athlete, and I don't remember Bret winning much, but he wasn't a slouch, either. I could see them either going really far or going out early..

I have gotten to know Corinne on another site and I can tell you she's nothing like she was on Survivor.  And once I got the scoop from someone else about Sugar from her season, I understood why Corinne was the way she was.  I will tell you this, when she sees me post, she is nothing but nice to me. 

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »

Myanmar is considered to be south-central Asia, what I meant by is the main 4 being Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam

Err....no

I am of Indonesian descent. Myanmar is part of Southeast Asia (and ASEAN).

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2018, 02:33:56 PM »
While I would love Rachel to win finally, I'd be happy to see her at least make Final 3. That would be a huge accomplishment to finish the Race three times. And I hope she sets that record!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
Well, she already holds the record:P
Colin & Christie, Tyler & Korey and Art & JJ (well, at least theoretically) could tie, but not beat that.

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,34625.msg1230534.html#msg1230534

First new country in a while, Peach? :P Well, we had Bahrain last season, and Armenia, Georgia & Colombia in 28. :cmaslol

Lol! Fixed! I am just excited, been waiting for this one a long time!

I have a girlfriend currently visiting her parents in Laos....don't know what the time difference is, but I have asked her to keep an eye out and snap pics if she sees anything.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
Could you ask her to go sit at the airport all day tomorrow? Kidding! Sort of  :d025:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Timor-Leste is the official name of the country. My high school sends students over there each year, for humanitarian efforts. (Hopefully that me around this time next year!  :woohoo:  :0328:)

However, TAR (I don't think), will EVER visit Timor-Leste. The country is seriously in SO much poverty.

But Myanmar and Brunei. HURRY UP TAR <333333333333

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
Poverty is seriously not a reason to avoid visiting a place.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2018, 09:38:35 PM »
If anything, TAR loves highlighting "poor" areas (especially in Asia and Africa) to draw out the "We are so lucky to be Americans" or "We should learn to appreciate what we have" comments.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
Timor-Leste is the official name of the country. My high school sends students over there each year, for humanitarian efforts. (Hopefully that me around this time next year!  :woohoo:  :0328:)

However, TAR (I don't think), will EVER visit Timor-Leste. The country is seriously in SO much poverty.

TAR has visited many impoverished areas before. That's a crazy and ridiculous statement if I ever heard one! Probably for the same reason your school sends students there, including you, which sounds like you're very excited. Which makes that statement sound even crazier!

Also, I once applied to go there with the Peace Corps.

Offline MakiseKurisuLover

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • People's feelings are memories that transcend time
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2018, 12:46:24 AM »
If anything, TAR loves highlighting "poor" areas (especially in Asia and Africa) to draw out the "We are so lucky to be Americans" or "We should learn to appreciate what we have" comments.

Just remind me of TAR 4 when they visited to India, I forget which team it's but they felt touched by India's people so they gave them their money and food. I just love that moment (+ classic TAR just gives us real and rawness of editing), because it means TAR is not only being competitive reality show but also teach us that we have to be blessed for what we have now

Gra1162

« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2018, 12:50:43 AM »

My schools does the same thing but we go to Cambodia loas Chang mai and even Myanmar for grade 9 up

Gra1162

« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2018, 12:54:01 AM »

Just remind me of TAR 4 when they visited to India, I forget which team it's but they felt touched by India's people so they gave them their money and food. I just love that moment (+ classic TAR just gives us real and rawness of editing), because it means TAR is not only being competitive reality show but also teach us that we have to be blessed for what we have now
But I was disgusted by the Indian locals on how they treated Nancy and Emily back in TAR 1 Indian Leg

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2018, 01:23:20 AM »

bourkie you need to stop posting things like this w/o research

just because your high school sends people to places for humanitarian efforts doesn't make them intensely poor - i've had opportunities to go teach at schools in romania for humanitarian reasons - obviously this means that romania is super super poor

not only has TAR been to places objectively poorer than timor-leste (laos this season, bangladesh, ghana, zambia, cambodia, tanzania, zimbabwe, senegal, ethiopia, mozambique, burkina faso, and madagascar all have worse human development index ratings than timor-leste), but one of the countries you listed as plausible for TAR - myanmar - is *also* poorer than east timor

with that being said, have fun in timor-leste, humanitarian work is super fulfilling and you'll definitely enjoy yourself! i hope u manage to go!

Offline MakiseKurisuLover

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • People's feelings are memories that transcend time
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:35 AM »

But I was disgusted by the Indian locals on how they treated Nancy and Emily back in TAR 1 Indian Leg

Yeah that's issue too. Just like Colin and Christie in train & how Lucy and Emilia was treated when they asked where's pit stop, that's scary

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »
So Happy that we have Laos, bring on Some New countries in this Season. :woohoo:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2018, 11:47:38 AM »

Yeah that's issue too. Just like Colin and Christie in train & how Lucy and Emilia was treated when they asked where's pit stop, that's scary

Tian and Jaree on the train in Mumbai in TAR4 was absolutely disgusting.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:38:17 PM by Palperro »
Por ti volaré

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
And then there was Tiffany and Krista in 27

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »

Tian and Jaren on the train in Mumbai in TAR4 was absolutely disgusting.

That's true : (
India actually has such disgusting people, I apologize on their behalf. Even I hate it here, tbh. The country will only progress when the people's mentality changes; our economy might be slowly increasing but that will mean nothing if the population's conservative mindset never changes. We still have so many issues rampant across the country. I feel like 3/4th of TAR Visits to India, even International have people behaving so lewd and inappropriately with the contestants.