Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420481 times)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2018, 01:06:58 PM »
Colin & Christie. Pre-TAR 11 Racers. What a great move by the casting department.  :cheer:
Best choice in a long time. I Think that Christie was pregnant when, They did The Amazing Race 11 All Stars.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
Colin & Christie. Pre-TAR 11 Racers. What a great move by the casting department.  :cheer:
Best choice in a long time. I Think that Christie was pregnant when, They did The Amazing Race 11 All Stars.

Agree!! In fact to real TAR fans, I think Colin/Christie is the only "star" team among the 5 TAR teams they picked... the others are much less memorable in comparison, I kind of wish they pair better competition for C/C.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2018, 02:49:57 PM »
I SO want Colin & Christie to go far. After 14 years since last racing, after all the rule changes, I'm at least a little nervous for them :(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »
^ Same, Maanca.

Agree!! In fact to real TAR fans, I think Colin/Christie is the only "star" team among the 5 TAR teams they picked... the others are much less memorable in comparison, I kind of wish they pair better competition for C/C.
Yess, I agree with you so much, serendipity!
I'm not too surprised at any of the TAR teams coming back in general, but if they managed to get somebody as legendary as Colin & Christie, why not pick more TAR legends from the past?
I'm content with them being here either way though, lol.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »
They were probably saving them for a real All Stars season, but decided to ask them here to counter any negative reaction from the audience and calm longtime fans about the other teams lol

I can already see the "Why didn't Team X get invited back?" Comments from the Facebook fans. And I know just which teams will get mentioned lol

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2018, 06:23:10 PM »
I SO want Colin & Christie to go far. After 14 years since last racing, after all the rule changes, I'm at least a little nervous for them :(

They should be fine until they get to the task with the Ox. 

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2018, 06:25:50 PM »
I'm not too surprised at any of the TAR teams coming back in general, but if they managed to get somebody as legendary as Colin & Christie, why not pick more TAR legends from the past?
For real!  Like TAR4 and TAR6!  They're the only two "classic" seasons NOT to get touched!

Gra1162

« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2018, 06:33:49 PM »

:lol3:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2018, 06:38:34 PM »

Or when this happens :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »

:welcome: to RFF, krandor! TAR had an ox task in Season 25, so I don't believe Colin will need to work with an ox again! However, it would make for good TV again if they do!  :funny:

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2018, 07:02:17 PM »

:welcome: to RFF, krandor! TAR had an ox task in Season 25, so I don't believe Colin will need to work with an ox again! However, it would make for good TV again if they do!  :funny:

Thanks.  We have seen survivor bring back challenges on seasons with returnees that they have done before.  I doubt they will but it would be hilarious if they did.  Colin probably has a phobia with Ox's these days. 

"In this task, teams have to navigate their Ox pulling a cart through these crowded city streets deliving packages to 4 different locals.  Once they have delivered their packages and returned to the Ox Master they will receive their next clue"

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
:groan:
So no matter what the fans say, they will do as they please.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »
Yep. They go by the ratings...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »
I'm inundated with these updates left and right so here's my take on the cast:

Colin & Christie (Team Charla & Mirna's Enemies): Wow... a team from one of my all-time favorite seasons! I would never have expected these two to show back up on my TV screen. Colin looks nearly unrecognizable now with his shaved head and Christie looks gorgeous as ever! :2hearts: I'm excited for these two! They will surely do fine until Colin flips out at another taxi driver on the way to the airport. Hope the Philippines and Tanzania are visited again this season. Their ox may be broken, but they still can't break from my memories.
Art & JJ (Team Exposed the Kindergarten Teachers): Can we just be glad Rachel & Dave won 1-1/2 times over these two knuckleheads in the finale?
Becca & Floyd (TEAM FUN!): LOVE these two! I'm so glad Floyd and Becca are getting another shot at this after the basket bikes devastation in Vietnam. I loved their charisma and energy throughout season 29 and Becca solely convinced me through the screen to go rock-climbing in Lake Como. I had the time of my life seeing the Como region in a brand new perspective thanks to these two getting me familiar with the term belaying and their positive vibes and regained composure even during their sudden stumbles! I treasure these two like siblings. Please convince Phil to beatbox with y'all at the Pit Stop some time this season!
Leo & Jamal (The Afghanimals): I didn't find them particularly entertaining in either 23 or the can-we-not-talk-about-this-one so I have no clue why they are brought back again. Please depart from the Pit Stop in last by choice again if you aren't eliminated first.
Tyler & Korey (The YouTube/Instagram Season): I genuinely can't remember anything they did or said in season 28. Sorry. I was mostly rooting for Sheri & Cole in an otherwise subpar season.

I rarely ever watch Big Brother, and that's just to kill time when I'm VERY bored, but I do recognize Janelle when all that over-the-top clique bullying was what everyone was chatting about for weeks on ends... And I do quite clearly remember watching season 12 for several weeks so Britney is in my most recent memory. Wish Brit got paired with Monet :(. The chemistry she and Monet had was phenomenal! I miss the funny, catty teams from seasons back and they quickly remind me of them. And speaking upon this drama.... Rachel Reilly... Elise & Bertram, you done gone bonkers. :cmas30: I do remember Elissa from season 15 - the season I also clearly remember watching out of curiosity and seeing such a despicable group of people spewing nasty toward the women of color in the house. Turned me off from Big Brother once and for all. I guess it's a decent compensation for what Elissa had to deal with. Wish it had been her and Candice or Helen who was chosen to be on the race. And I seriously have no idea who Nicole & Victor are.

And Survivor! Haven't watched in a while, but Corinne and Eliza.... wow... I haven't seen them since Gabon and Micronesia and they haven't aged since. Didn't even know Corinne was in a second season. And tye-dye Santa, sigh, memories! And I have no clue who Chris & Bret are.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline CoriSanchi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2018, 08:46:57 PM »
Maybe they're retooling it so they're doing it in the middle of the leg.

I'm fine with the Head-to-Head staying as long as we can get U-Turns AFTER the Detour again!
CHARLA & MIRNA ARE QUEEN

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »
Honestly, the H2H would be so brutal this season considering we're actually attached to these teams (at least some of them)

Would be nice to have them midleg instead of the end but I won't get my hopes up.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
As long as they don't use the H2H more often, it's whatever. Like if they just keep it in 2 legs like they did last time and only use it in early legs of the race, it's at least somewhat bearable.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »
I really hope they didn't think to bring back Art & JJ only because of Rachel. Because honestly, there was more tension between Art & JJ and Nary & Jamie than Art & JJ and Brenchel lol
And indeed, I've seen a few quotes from Rachel and/or Brendon that they're actually friends with them now, or at least no bad blood at all since TAR20 lol

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »
http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-interview-season30-season31-spoilers/
Phil said in this interview the Head to Head is staying for TAR31

But hopefully it is not placed at the end of the leg.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2018, 11:42:34 PM »
I really hope they didn't think to bring back Art & JJ only because of Rachel. Because honestly, there was more tension between Art & JJ and Nary & Jamie than Art & JJ and Brenchel lol
And indeed, I've seen a few quotes from Rachel and/or Brendon that they're actually friends with them now, or at least no bad blood at all since TAR20 lol

What I haven't seen many talk about is Rachel and Britney. Britney HATED Rachel in BB12, though as I have said in the past, I don't really follow houseguest relationships post show so I could be wrong on that one.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »

What I haven't seen many talk about is Rachel and Britney. Britney HATED Rachel in BB12, though as I have said in the past, I don't really follow houseguest relationships post show so I could be wrong on that one.

They made up, and they follow each other on Twitter now.

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »

I don't mind the concept of the head-to-head but didn't like it being at the end.  Would rather it be between roadblock and detour so even if you are the last team out of H2H you still have a chance to finish the leg.  Actually thinking about it before Detour would be best since your choice of detour and the possibility of having to switch could give the H2H loser a chance to pass somebody.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2018, 11:51:57 PM »

They made up, and they follow each other on Twitter now.

Yeah I was just about to come back and edit my post to say that I checked up on it and that I am, in fact, wrong lol.

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2018, 12:00:03 AM »

Thanks for the welcome BTW.  Been a member here for a while just didn't post.  Found the forum back when I used to listen to the RFF Podcast.  Hate they don't do it anymore because it was so good.  Since I'm a fan of AR, BB, and Survivor this season seemed like a good time to participate.