Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420765 times)

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2018, 12:31:50 AM »
Not really excited with the TAR teams (well except Colin & Christie, but I haven't watched them in their original season :P)

They were in fact the dominant team in season 5 until the Ox roadblock in the second Philippines leg made them the last eliminated team. It is a season not to be missed. It is available via Amazon Prime, CBS All Access and on DVD through the Amazon on demand platform.

"The last eliminated team" is wrong. They came in 2nd overall, after winning six legs.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2018, 12:42:09 AM »
Only commenting on the Survivor teams because I don't really watch Big Brother (and only did a few seasons of TAR, I'm sorry!)

I'd be curious about these teams skill set for racing on TAR. I'm just not sure that their strengths on Survivor fit well on TAR.
Similarly, two BB teams, but not all of them have done well. So there must be something that carries over. But Rachel becomes the third or fifth Racer to return with a different team mate, only one of which worked well. (Season 11 All - Stars Eric and Danielle.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2018, 12:49:16 AM »
Not really excited with the TAR teams (well except Colin & Christie, but I haven't watched them in their original season :P)

They were in fact the dominant team in season 5 until the Ox roadblock in the second Philippines leg made them the last eliminated team. It is a season not to be missed. It is available via Amazon Prime, CBS All Access and on DVD through the Amazon on demand platform.

"The last eliminated team" is wrong. They came in 2nd overall, after winning six legs.
I was thinking in terms of the 12 leg format and not their 13 leg format. I just remember they were way behind the other remaining legs and  the late arrival in Manila; and not thinking about the leg(s) in Canada and the tactic of checking their backpacks in on the final flight and leaving them at the airport.
Which makes this season a redemption race for them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2018, 12:54:04 AM »
Well, I am surprised that they didn't cast Charla & Mirna, Brook & Claire, Kym & Alli, or Dustin & Kandice.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2018, 01:33:03 AM »

Tried on Amazon Prime, but it's only available in US. :(
Maybe someone can give an alternative for non-US viewers? :)

PS: I know it's out of topic, feel free to move/delete this.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline MakiseKurisuLover

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • People's feelings are memories that transcend time
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2018, 01:46:16 AM »
am I only one who love Extreme Roadblock? I mean, that makes all teams to play smart in first rew legs. For example : don't make themselves to be threat or strong so they can avoid that new twist

Offline MakiseKurisuLover

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • People's feelings are memories that transcend time
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2018, 01:49:25 AM »
am I only one who love Extreme Roadblock? I mean, that makes all teams to play smart in first rew legs. For example : don't make themselves to be threat or strong so they can avoid that new twist

*few

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2018, 02:18:15 AM »
Kinda anxious to find out what the Extreme Road Block actually is.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34:21 AM »
So my thoughts on the teams representing the Amazing Race. Colin & Christie are a very welcome surprise, Tyler & Korey as well as Becca & Floyd fit well here. Art & JJ I mean if they wanted a villainous MM team are fine I guess though I would of preferred an FF team. Leo & Jamal while I liked in their last season I'm not overly happy to have them as a threepeat team.

I hope Colin & Christie do really well same with Becca & Floyd.
It's Clobbering Time!

Gra1162

« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2018, 02:43:08 AM »
though I would of preferred an FF team.
USD I was wishing for Dustin and Kandice to back

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2018, 02:43:48 AM »
Colin & Christie. Pre-TAR 11 Racers. What a great move by the casting department.  :cheer:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2018, 02:56:08 AM »
though I would of preferred an FF team.
USD I was wishing for Dustin and Kandice to back

While I love Dustin and Kandice I don't really like threepeaters but Brook & Claire would be great choices
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:26 AM »
They should have threw in Charla and Mirna to confront Colin and Christie, if they cast Art and JJ because of Rachel  :groan:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2018, 03:43:35 AM »

I was thinking in terms of the 12 leg format and not their 13 leg format. I just remember they were way behind the other remaining legs and  the late arrival in Manila; and not thinking about the leg(s) in Canada and the tactic of checking their backpacks in on the final flight and leaving them at the airport.
Which makes this season a redemption race for them.

So smiley is right, and nobody should omit the Bowling Moms.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2018, 03:46:34 AM »
Well, I am surprised that they didn't cast Charla & Mirna, Brook & Claire, Kym & Alli, or Dustin & Kandice.
They should have threw in Charla and Mirna to confront Colin and Christie, if they cast Art and JJ because of Rachel  :groan:
I would much rather see Brook & Claire and Kym & Alli back in a true All-Stars season.

As for Dustin & Kandice, I loved them so much and thought that they were badly robbed in TAR11, but I'd rather see them back ONLY on a season completely comprised of three-peaters.

Gra1162

« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2018, 05:41:35 AM »
I would much rather see Brook & Claire and Kym & Alli back in a true All-Stars season.

As for Dustin & Kandice, I loved them so much and thought that they were badly robbed in TAR11, but I'd rather see them back ONLY on a season completely comprised of three-peaters.
Don't remind me of that I cried so much after watching it

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2018, 10:20:33 AM »

For the record, “Plow” was one side of a detour, not a roadblock. Part of the problem was that Christie wasn’t helping.

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2018, 10:34:27 AM »
Is there a location spoiler thread this season for those who only want to see the route as it happens? I couldn’t find it.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »
So HAPPY that Colin and Christie is back  :tup:
They Where my favorit team in Season 5.
But Leo and Jamal again  :'(
There are so Many Seasons, there have not been presentet with a team yet.
But Looking forward to The Amazing Race: Reality Clash  :woohoo:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
Is there a location spoiler thread this season for those who only want to see the route as it happens? I couldn’t find it.

Yes the timeline thread, They are good at update as the race goes. So far the teams are in Tokyo.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,34629.0.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
what on earth are art and jj doing here what the

Because of the Rachel feud last time??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »

I don't think anyone was 'cut' per se.  .

Pretty sure some were.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2018, 11:23:51 AM »
Wait, I actually do vaguely remember Eliza because I did watch Vanuatu.

Natalie & Nadiya would've definitely made sense because of the Survivor connection esp since we have Rachel bridging TAR and BB.

Now, the consensus seems to be that this is a pretty solid cast. So I wonder what kinds of cuts were made (as were rumored here the last couple of days).

I wonder who was cut

I don't think anyone was 'cut' per se.  Several of these teams seem like last minute calls to players waiting by the phone (Leo/Jamal, Rupert/Laurel).  Production is always scrambling at the last minute to fill slots for these 'allstar theme' seasons.  For a recent example, look at Survivor Game Changers.

Dan and Jessie and Ian and Frank and Day and Bridgette (who?) and James and Corey (lol) and Paul and Josh and and Caleb and Tai were never seriously considered.  And the teams of Jan/Brit and Cor/Eliza just seem to be slapped together randomly.

Hey all!

Caleb/Tai were definitely considered. More than considered even. They were told they were on until the Thursday before sequester started. They were cut very last minute. Keith and Wes from Survivor were also cut.

Would have taken Keith/Wes rather than Chris/Bret. :'(
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2018, 01:02:53 PM »
what on earth are art and jj doing here what the

Because of the Rachel feud last time??
Yes it is Reality Clash.