Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420480 times)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »
Art and JJ are like the most random choice for returnees

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »
Well, out of all the teams, they're most likely to play the "villain" and you do need a team like that. Though I wonder if they're one of the alternates/not high up on the wishlist.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2018, 09:11:30 PM »
Well, out of all the teams, they're most likely to play the "villain" and you do need a team like that. Though I wonder if they're one of the alternates/not high up on the wishlist.
They can easily get Justin to do, or even Jim or Max. :duno:
Art and JJ are just not that memorable to me  :groan:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2018, 09:14:47 PM »
I think that the Extreme Roadblock is like a Roadblock U-Turn thingy, forcing the other member of another team to do that Roadblock.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2018, 09:18:13 PM »
I would definitely prefer Justin & Diana, Jim & Misti and Max & Katie over Art & JJ, no question. But I think each of them have a likeability factor Art & JJ don't have. (I love Max & Katie, I like Jim & Misti and I don't mind Justin & Diana lol) So, easier to paint Art & JJ as the villains. But yes, I do think they're the most random, unexpected choice of the TAR alums.

I would hope they didn't cast Art & JJ just because they think they will clash with Rachel. Because I really doubt that will happen.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »
Not really excited with the TAR teams (well except Colin & Christie, but I haven't watched them in their original season :P)

But I'm excited to see how the teams from Survivor and BB perform... Will add more impressions after seeing how they race :cheer:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »
I would definitely prefer Justin & Diana, Jim & Misti and Max & Katie over Art & JJ, no question. But I think each of them have a likeability factor Art & JJ don't have. (I love Max & Katie, I like Jim & Misti and I don't mind Justin & Diana lol) So, easier to paint Art & JJ as the villains. But yes, I do think they're the most random, unexpected choice of the TAR alums.

I would hope they didn't cast Art & JJ just because they think they will clash with Rachel. Because I really doubt that will happen.
Let's have art and JJ to allign with Rachel to kill the wish of the producers :conf:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »
westward route  :luvya: (unless they do a great circle loosely based around the Pacific Rim which would also be cool?)

I choose not to comment on this twist or cast. I thought the worst for TAR 26 and 29 and they turned out to be decent to great so...that.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2018, 09:35:43 PM »
Spec for the extreme roadblock:

Maybe like some said was a roadblock that both member have to do
OR
Maybe it's kind of like a U-Turn, in which after you open your clue and know what the task is, you can force one member of another team to complete that specific task. Exemple: If the task is very physical, a team got use the extreme roadblock on another and force the weaker member to do it. That would create trouble for teams that are not well balance.

Occam's Razor:

So that "new" Extreme-RB twist sounds like the Norwegian edition's Handicap, a.k.a. the "Speed Bump" for Tanner/Josh.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2018, 09:37:23 PM »
Not really excited with the TAR teams (well except Colin & Christie, but I haven't watched them in their original season :P)

It's only the single greatest one in the American series.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2018, 09:38:25 PM »
Overall I'm pleased with the teams. We got some interesting ones that I don't know how to feel about (Brett and Chris mainly), but no one I'm really disappointed about being cast.

Rupert/Laura are someone I wanted to see on TAR for a very long time. Realistically I don't see them going too far at all but I'm just glad they're actually on.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2018, 09:44:40 PM »
I AM FLYING TO TOKYO JAPAN IN THREE HOURS AND I AM SCREAMING INTERNALLY INSIDE WTF

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
I hate you. I flew out just over 24hrs ago :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2018, 09:47:23 PM »
IF I SEE THEM, I AM GOING TO TELL ART AND JJ TO BE NICE AND ROLL MY EYES AT THE CAMERA AND SPEAK FOR ALL THE FANS THAT WE DON’T NEED THEM AS RETURNEES.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2018, 09:48:36 PM »
ok now that excitement is over HOPE TO SPOIL SOME STUFF. SEE YALL. I hope they spend two legs there.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2018, 09:49:03 PM »
IF I SEE THEM, I AM GOING TO TELL ART AND JJ TO BE NICE AND ROLL MY EYES AT THE CAMERA AND SPEAK FOR ALL THE FANS THAT WE DON’T NEED THEM AS RETURNEES.
Help Colin and Christie to secure them a first place  :conf:

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2018, 10:14:43 PM »
They brought art and jj back to fight with Rachel again.

Instead of Brendan fighting back with them, they will have to deal with Elissa.  :hfive:

Offline Charity00

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »
So what will the hashtags be?

Becca/Floyd #TeamFun
Tyler/Korey #TeamViral
Leo/Jamal #Aphganimals
Art/JJ #BorderPatrol
Colin/Christie #TeamOxIsBroken lol
Rupert/Laura #TeamTieDye

Have no idea with the others

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
So what will the hashtags be?

Becca/Floyd #TeamFun
Tyler/Korey #TeamViral
Leo/Jamal #Aphganimals
Art/JJ #BorderPatrol
Colin/Christie #TeamOxIsBroken lol
Rupert/Laura #TeamTieDye

Have no idea with the others

:welcome: to RFF, Charity00! We are glad you are here!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2018, 11:45:55 PM »
Why Rupert is always wearing tie dye shirt everywhere he goes? 😅 😅

Offline Charity00

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2018, 11:59:06 PM »
In Rupert's season of Survivor they only had 1 pair of clothes. The producers chose a tie dye shirt for him because they wanted to portray his character as a hippy. He became famous for his tie dye so he was forced to wear tie dye in every season, reunion and interviews. They're also forced to wear tie dye in TAR. If you met Rupert he would unlikely be wearing much tie dye in real life except at reality events.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2018, 12:10:17 AM »
Its one of the most iconic pieces of clothing in Survivor history, might as well wear it on TAR :)

Gra1162

« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »
Same but corinne coming to the amazing race :hearts:

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2018, 12:29:57 AM »
Only commenting on the Survivor teams because I don't really watch Big Brother (and only did a few seasons of TAR, I'm sorry!)

I've never liked Corinne at all. Her meanness never comes off as entertaining or clever, the way that you'd get from people like Parvati or Courtney Yates, but it's just sort of "I'll choose the lowest blow possible and pass that off as a personality trait." The less screen time we get from her, the better. Eliza is a good enough tradeoff that I'll probably still root for them, unless she winds up being terrible and whiny, in which case I'll probably just be disappointed.

Rupert and Laura... egh. I understand the people that hate them, but I also understand the people that love them. Rupert can come off as overly sanctimonious or full of himself, but I think he's a genuine guy that just doesn't have the social skills to understand how he's being perceived sometimes - and the same definitely goes for Laura to a much more extreme degree. I think they're great people in real life, but I definitely see them being targeted and outmatched here, and they'll probably get a lot of negative attention that they don't deserve. It might also go the opposite way and they get a ton of positive attention that they don't necessarily deserve, which will only tick the haters off more. It's really hard to say, but all in all I hope for the best for them.

Bret and Chris would be a really interesting dynamic, I think. The two of them didn't appear super close on the show, but I really liked both of them separately (which is saying something, since the older males almost always tend to be my least favorite contestants after the way-overplayed "hag" archetype) and I'll be interested to see how well they can work together. Chris at least was a pretty solid athlete, and I don't remember Bret winning much, but he wasn't a slouch, either. I could see them either going really far or going out early.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »

They were in fact the dominant team in season 5 until the Ox roadblock in the second Philippines leg made them the last eliminated team. It is a season not to be missed. It is available via Amazon Prime, CBS All Access and on DVD through the Amazon on demand platform.
-- theschnauzers