Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420603 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
^^ The also shared the watermelon moment from S17, and I got hyped thinking we would see Brooke & Clair back, so..... :/

^ And yeah, I absolutely love the Japanese game show tasks, especially the wasabi one in S15. :cmaslol

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2018, 03:12:10 PM »
I also enjoy the Japanese game show tasks. But if they're all on the same flight, maybe they're only connecting through Tokyo?

And instead of trying to rekindle Rachel vs Art & JJ, since they got Colin & Christie, they should've swapped out Leo & Jamal for another three-peater in Charla & Mirna instead.  :clap2:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:18:24 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2018, 03:33:58 PM »
Wait, I actually do vaguely remember Eliza because I did watch Vanuatu.

Natalie & Nadiya would've definitely made sense because of the Survivor connection esp since we have Rachel bridging TAR and BB.

Now, the consensus seems to be that this is a pretty solid cast. So I wonder what kinds of cuts were made (as were rumored here the last couple of days).

I wonder who was cut

I don't think anyone was 'cut' per se.  Several of these teams seem like last minute calls to players waiting by the phone (Leo/Jamal, Rupert/Laurel).  Production is always scrambling at the last minute to fill slots for these 'allstar theme' seasons.  For a recent example, look at Survivor Game Changers.

Dan and Jessie and Ian and Frank and Day and Bridgette (who?) and James and Corey (lol) and Paul and Josh and and Caleb and Tai were never seriously considered.  And the teams of Jan/Brit and Cor/Eliza just seem to be slapped together randomly.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »
I disagree. I think Janelle and Brit were a huge get and planned team they wanted.

Day said she was contacted but had just returned from The Challenge so didnt want to leave again.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
Day may have been contacted but a lot of possible players 'may' have been contacted too.  Doesn't mean she was offered a spot.  And teaming with Bridgette ??  WHO ??  That told me right away Day wasn't an option.  Same with Huling who was supposedly matched with a WTF Corey.  Just some poor spec by TMZ et al  ...

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
I don't think anyone was 'cut' per se.  Several of these teams seem like last minute calls to players waiting by the phone (Leo/Jamal, Rupert/Laurel).  Production is always scrambling at the last minute to fill slots for these 'allstar theme' seasons.  For a recent example, look at Survivor Game Changers.

Dan and Jessie and Ian and Frank and Day and Bridgette (who?) and James and Corey (lol) and Paul and Josh and and Caleb and Tai were never seriously considered.  And the teams of Jan/Brit and Cor/Eliza just seem to be slapped together randomly.

Well just going by the other thread about teams being eliminated just before sequester for being dumb enough to "leak" and how "more could follow."

I also think Janelle & Britney were at the top of CBS' list.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
Colin and Christie is one team that I have kept up with all these years on social media.

So knowing how competitive Colin was in his first season and that he has a very active lifestyle and competitive businesses even while he and Christie raised a family, they will be my sentimental favorite in this go around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »
I do find it funny that this season was being hyped/rumored/leaked as an all-Big Brother season due mainly to the popularity of Cody & Jessica and yet there's basically only 2 Big Brother teams out of 11 plus Elissa since Rachel is as much a TAR All-Star as she is a BB All-Star. lol

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
Colin and Christie was a pleasant surprise. Gives me hope production will invite older teams back if theres another allstar season.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2018, 04:45:23 PM »
Yikes @ the first threepeated Leg 1 city.  :dick

Like, Osaka would've understandably been off-limits lest Border Patrol and Rachel (as well as Elissa by extension) get an advantage, but there was always Sapporo or Nagasaki!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2018, 04:49:03 PM »
Hoping Janelle/Britney can go far but I can see them going early too! :(
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »
So that "new" Extreme-RB twist sounds like the Norwegian edition's Handicap, a.k.a. the "Speed Bump" for Tanner/Josh.

Offline MakiseKurisuLover

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • People's feelings are memories that transcend time
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2018, 05:00:59 PM »
I wonder why Victor and Nicole didn't follow the strategy from Cody and Jessica & Brendon and Rachel (bring one big backpack) ?

Not meaning to understimate Nicole, but I think it's better if Victor brings one big backpack because he's fit, right? 

Offline Redmond

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »
Wait, I actually do vaguely remember Eliza because I did watch Vanuatu.

Natalie & Nadiya would've definitely made sense because of the Survivor connection esp since we have Rachel bridging TAR and BB.

Now, the consensus seems to be that this is a pretty solid cast. So I wonder what kinds of cuts were made (as were rumored here the last couple of days).

I wonder who was cut

Hey all!

Caleb/Tai were definitely considered. More than considered even. They were told they were on until the Thursday before sequester started. They were cut very last minute. Keith and Wes from Survivor were also cut.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »
Hoping Janelle/Britney can go far but I can see them going early too! :(

I think Janelle/Britney and Nicole/Victor are two teams that could either go very far but also get booted very early. Janelle/Britney because we don't know how age will impact their competition skills, Nicole/Victor because we have yet to see their dynamics together. Victor is super muscular/strong and Nicole is more of a mental player so at their best, they can be very balanced, but the race will definitely test their relationship.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
First four boots are pretty obvious to me - female teams and Bonehams.

I predict male dominated endgame with Nicole as a last female standing.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
First four boots are pretty obvious to me - female teams and Bonehams.

I predict male dominated endgame with Nicole as a last female standing.

I definitely think the Rachel/Elissa team is an early boot. I wouldn't underestimate Janelle and Brit though. Idk much about Survivor since Ghost Island was honestly the first season that I watched all the way through, so that will be interesting. I think there are a lot of question marks with this season like how the TAR returnee teams will compete this time around (particularly Collin and Christie with the roadblock rules and it being so long since they last raced). I could definitely see there being some surprises.

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »
I just wanted to drop in and say hello to Peach and all my other TAR internet peeps - I'm so excited (and I'm kind of thrilled that there are only three BB teams).

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »
I think you are underestimating these female teams. It’s not like they’re Goat Yoga.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2018, 06:15:00 PM »
Tbh I have pretty low expectations for the FF teams as well, but I'm more than wishing to be surprised.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »
I think you are underestimating these female teams. It’s not like they’re Goat Yoga.

I mean, Janelle, Britney, Rachel and Elissa did very well (even excellent) on physical challenges on BB. Rachel is obviously a TAR vet and she's also done well. They're also all good on mental challenges. The only thing that's changed for all four of them since the last time they've competed on any show is that all have become mothers. But that doesn't mean they're any less competitive and capable. If anything it might work to their advantage. Other teams underestimating them.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Yikes @ the first threepeated Leg 1 city.  :dick

Like, Osaka would've understandably been off-limits lest Border Patrol and Rachel (as well as Elissa by extension) get an advantage, but there was always Sapporo or Nagasaki!

Not to mention the fact that the Afghanimals have already raced through there.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »
Colin and Christie!  :conf: :cheer:

But Art and JJ and Leo and Jamal? Ergh and Rachel Reilly  :groan: Really? Where's Justin and Diana and Brooke and Claire?

And Tokyo. Again, really?  :groan:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:01:25 PM by BourkieBoy »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »
Nah? Tokyo scrambled for first leg and that makes me serious. Teams should have a night rest and complete the leg the next day. After Japan, at least the race could have two legs in Australia (Gold Coast, Melbourne) and one leg in Indonesia (Jakarta).

JUST AS IN MY OPINION

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2018, 08:42:38 PM »
Spec for the extreme roadblock:

Maybe like some said was a roadblock that both member have to do
OR
Maybe it's kind of like a U-Turn, in which after you open your clue and know what the task is, you can force one member of another team to complete that specific task. Exemple: If the task is very physical, a team got use the extreme roadblock on another and force the weaker member to do it. That would create trouble for teams that are not well balance.