Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 577248 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #3025 on: June 02, 2019, 06:46:53 AM »
Base on the pictures of the press release, I think both Rachel/Elisa and Collin/Christie are tied for the U-TURN.
They are both seen doing a cow task and hay task....(The crossbow thing seems to be the Roadblock)
Can you guys help with posting up the press release?
Fans overseas like me are not able to check those up  :groan:

Yes. I usually get them up here but have been swamped with real life the last few weeks. . I'll try!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3026 on: June 03, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »
Oh. Guess I missed that sighting. (Update - Found it. It was part of Fossil's comment on the video that was recorded)
So by conjecture, if Vicole won no legs, then unless Chris & Bret pull a win in Switzerland 2 (leg 8 ), all legs will be won by TAR teams, right?

Yup! Which kind of sucks, as this was supose to be a battle of the shows lol. I would argue only Nicole/Victor were really a competitive teams out of the 6 'other's.
Chris/Brett could have won the Dubai leg, that was close. But they are really up and down so who knows.

Agreed that it kind of sucks. I kept expecting that we'd see a non-TAR team win at least a leg, especially after they chose to edit in that great Christie line about teams lasting as long in the race, qualifying them as Amazing Race teams, adding it the mention of only TAR teams winning so far. As I completely blanked out about that Vicole sighting, if any non-TAR team had a chance of at least winning a leg, it would be them.

Base on the pictures of the press release, I think both Rachel/Elisa and Collin/Christie are tied for the U-TURN.
They are both seen doing a cow task and hay task....(The crossbow thing seems to be the Roadblock)
Can you guys help with posting up the press release?
Fans overseas like me are not able to check those up  :groan:

If you just want to view them, you can use a VPN to bypass the geoblock. 
It's interesting how the the Press Release just focus on the vote uturn, barely anything else.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3027 on: June 06, 2019, 11:37:43 PM »
lol at Elissa's appreciation post on IG inadvertently (or not?) spoiling the final 3 lol

Now we are excited to watch & cheer for our amazing friends battle it out for the million dollars 💪

Then again, I guess they wouldn't be close to Chris & Bret, Victor & Nicole or Becca & Floyd, would they? lol

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3028 on: June 12, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
Team Fun survived a Greek Double U-Turn, but not a Dutch one, it appears!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3029 on: June 12, 2019, 08:29:13 PM »
Isn't Nicole & Victor the only team that have never been saw at the cow hoisting task?
Can we ASSUME they are the one not getting u-turned?

Also, why are we having polevaluting as the 1st ever 3-time task of TAR? :groan:
The task was boring on its second time already  :groan:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3030 on: June 13, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »
Isn't Nicole & Victor the only team that have never been saw at the cow hoisting task?

Also, why are we having polevaluting as the 1st ever 3-time task of TAR? :groan:

The other four teams are seen at the Cow hoisting task, so idk how that would eliminate Nic and Vic from being u-turned. It seems like a task that every team had to do. I was actually thinking the opposite that they do get u-turned. If I had to guess right now, Becca and Floyd and Nic and Vic get u-turned and Becca and Floyd (as we know) get eliminated, but my guess is as good as yours. There are a lot of tasks in the press photos so I'm not exactly sure which task is which in terms of detours and roadblocks. My guess is that the cow hoisting is an ARI, detour is boats vs the vaulting thing, and then there's another task involving eggs that idk much about, but again, those are just guesses. In any case, if those are the detours (which im pretty confident that the boats thing is definitely a detour and the Cow hoisting isn't a detour at the least), Nic and Vic are seen doing both the boats and vaulting task in the press photos (https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/photos?page=1) so there's that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:59:01 PM by Jro »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3031 on: June 13, 2019, 09:49:38 PM »

The other four teams are seen at the Cow hoisting task, so idk how that would eliminate Nic and Vic from being u-turned. It seems like a task that every team had to do. I was actually thinking the opposite that they do get u-turned. If I had to guess right now, Becca and Floyd and Nic and Vic get u-turned and Becca and Floyd (as we know) get eliminated, but my guess is as good as yours. There are a lot of tasks in the press photos so I'm not exactly sure which task is which in terms of detours and roadblocks. My guess is that the cow hoisting is an ARI, detour is boats vs the vaulting thing, and then there's another task involving eggs that idk much about, but again, those are just guesses. In any case, if those are the detours (which im pretty confident that the boats thing is definitely a detour and the Cow hoisting isn't a detour at the least), Nic and Vic are seen doing both the boats and vaulting task in the press photos (https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/photos?page=1) so there's that.

From Peach's reply at the live sighting thread (#193), cow hoisting is probably a detour (you can see the detour clue on Christie's hand)
Cycling is probably the mode of transportation they are using though

Various Images from the vids and stills:

2-6 video stills credit: https://www.destentor.nl/kampen/opnames-amerikaans-programma-begonnen-in-kampen~a6ad1c4b/

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3032 on: June 13, 2019, 11:46:23 PM »

Nah, the reason I eliminated it from being a detour is that if the boat and cow things were both detours, then that would mean that Leo/Jamal, Collin/Christie, and Tyler/Korey were all u-turned because they're shown doing both, which is impossible. So that means either the boat task is a detour or the cow hoisting is a detour but not both of them unless there's some crazy switching going on. It would also be weird if a detour was just carrying a fake cow and having 40 seconds to hoist it up. Maybe she had a detour clue from the prior task? Or you're right. Idk lol.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:57:10 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3033 on: June 18, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »
I don't think this has been raised up, but didn't Phil claim the H2H on leg 6 the 'first' H2H of this season? That means we are having at least one more H2H in the remaining legs.

With leg 10 has a u-turn in play, will we re-consider the task at the London pit-stop a H2H instead?

If that turns out to be the situation...  :groan:  Why do we have to have a Final 3 decided by H2H  :groan:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #3034 on: June 18, 2019, 11:29:35 PM »
I don't think this has been raised up, but didn't Phil claim the H2H on leg 6 the 'first' H2H of this season? That means we are having at least one more H2H in the remaining legs.

With leg 10 has a u-turn in play, will we re-consider the task at the London pit-stop a H2H instead?

If that turns out to be the situation...  :groan:  Why do we have to have a Final 3 decided by H2H  :groan:

But because the unaired H2H in Vietnam does not count. The final task at London Pit Stop may consider as H2H where it saw in spoilers.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3035 on: June 19, 2019, 01:56:25 AM »
Considering the result of the penultimate Leg, I don't mind having a H2H decide it  :lol:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3036 on: June 19, 2019, 08:06:55 PM »

Nah, the reason I eliminated it from being a detour is that if the boat and cow things were both detours, then that would mean that Leo/Jamal, Collin/Christie, and Tyler/Korey were all u-turned because they're shown doing both, which is impossible. So that means either the boat task is a detour or the cow hoisting is a detour but not both of them unless there's some crazy switching going on. It would also be weird if a detour was just carrying a fake cow and having 40 seconds to hoist it up. Maybe she had a detour clue from the prior task? Or you're right. Idk lol.

I was wrong (but also half right and just chose the wrong non-detour? lol). Had a strong feeling that the u-turns would work out the way they did somehow tho.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #3037 on: June 21, 2019, 07:44:12 PM »
Do we know anything about this vault task from the latest preview?  I couldn't find anything about it on the Timeline.

It looks like it's close in proximity to the rappelling task in Detroit since Tyler's still wearing gear similar to what Colin was seen wearing in the preview.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3038 on: June 21, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
Well, we wondered how Leo & Jamal could take forever on a rappelling task. Suddenly it makes more sense.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:06:42 PM by Maanca »

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #3039 on: June 21, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »
So maybe they have to go up, get something out of the vault, and then come back down? :duno:

also, as someone else noted in the episode thread, the new preview completely spoils the F3 :funny:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3040 on: June 22, 2019, 03:01:47 PM »
That preview also confirms the final mat location. Didn’t even need Google Earth, Google and Wikipedia did that for us!
-- theschnauzers

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3041 on: June 26, 2019, 08:51:23 PM »
There's another pitstop task in Camdan Market, so that's explains why Phil have clues on pitstop.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3042 on: June 27, 2019, 07:23:13 AM »
So...remember how none of us could understand why the almost last music task was placed in such a public place JUST before the Mat? Letting the world watch??

Apparently that task was originally permitted to be on an island...which prob would have meant zero spoilers.

But for some reason the permit was withdrawn and so they had to fast find another location...and the Plaza was what they got.

Production just had to do the best they could.... which was great for spoilers but lousy for keeping secrets!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3043 on: June 27, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »
So...remember how none of us could understand why the almost last music task was placed in such a public place JUST before the Mat? Letting the world watch??

Apparently that task was originally permitted to be on an island...which prob would have meant zero spoilers.

But for some reason the permit was withdrawn and so they had to fast find another location...and the Plaza was what they got.

Production just had to do the best they could.... which was great for spoilers but lousy for keeping secrets!!

Yep, seems like they had a couple days to find an alternate location though. It was denied at least a week before the leg was filmed.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/06/27/seven-nation-army-amazing-race-detroit-belle-isle-denied-musicians-white-stripes/739645002/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:28:45 AM by redwings8831 »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3044 on: June 27, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »
The Detroit Free Press did report at the time about the withdrawal of the island permit because of the number of people that was needed for a the Seven Nation Army band performance. That was about a week or so before the finale. They actually had only a couple of days, because they needed to recruit performers and get permits to close the Plaza for filming.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3045 on: June 30, 2019, 05:44:43 PM »

Yep, seems like they had a couple days to find an alternate location though. It was denied at least a week before the leg was filmed.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/06/27/seven-nation-army-amazing-race-detroit-belle-isle-denied-musicians-white-stripes/739645002/

Thanks redwings! I think it would have been much better if filmed there instead of the massive spoilers that then happened so close to the Mat.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3046 on: June 30, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
So WHO got the Extreme Roadblock? ???

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3047 on: July 01, 2019, 04:38:06 AM »

From what can be gathered from people who spoke with racers, I believe Justin (TAR27) even mentioned it in his Racer Recap show, was that Tyler & Korey were the ones who found it. And that's probably one of the main reasons it was left unused, as just like EPs, it probably expired around Leg 8. The way they were racing, they built such good relationships with the other teams, that even though they were winning legs, they were a team that did not get even a single vote during that uturn vote.
Purely speculative, but if a BB or Survivor team found it or even if Art & JJ were the ones to find it, things might have turned out differently.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3048 on: July 01, 2019, 09:03:03 AM »

From what can be gathered from people who spoke with racers, I believe Justin (TAR27) even mentioned it in his Racer Recap show, was that Tyler & Korey were the ones who found it. And that's probably one of the main reasons it was left unused, as just like EPs, it probably expired around Leg 8. The way they were racing, they built such good relationships with the other teams, that even though they were winning legs, they were a team that did not get even a single vote during that uturn vote.
Purely speculative, but if a BB or Survivor team found it or even if Art & JJ were the ones to find it, things might have turned out differently.
See, that makes a lot of sense, but weren't Tyler & Korey one of the last teams to finish the first Sand task? They still attempted to find the Extreme Roadblock in last place ???