Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 577253 times)

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2018, 11:49:52 AM »
The location the original survivor filmed at IS only 30 miles from Kota Kinabalu

30 miles by boat, which they can charter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiga_Island,_Malaysia

Located 48 km south of Kota Kinabalu and the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, Tiga Island National Park is reached by driving the 140 km to Kuala Penyu, a small settlement on the tip of the Klias Peninsula.

From here it is another 18 kilometres (11 miles), or about 30 minutes, by boat. Another way of getting there is by chartering a speed boat from Kota Kinabalu and cruise to Tiga Island, or fly to Labuan and charter a speed boat from Labuan.

Definitely a possibility if they fly from Narita to KL and connect to one of these 2 airports.

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »
Adding in Borneo from survivor and the bb house would be really cool.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »
I wonder if the timing could be arranged for the Race to arrive at the BB house in time for the beginning of BB 20.

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »
There is also opportunity to visit The Australian Outback survivor location.  Borneo had 50M+ finale viewers and Outback avg 30M viewers. Many of the challenges from either location could be retrofitted or duplicated for TAR. Rope courses, puzzles, food eating, and one could hope for a fire-building showdown.  Would also explain the lack of social media spoilers.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 01:04:55 PM »
There is also opportunity to visit The Australian Outback survivor location.  Borneo had 50M+ finale viewers and Outback avg 30M viewers. Many of the challenges from either location could be retrofitted or duplicated for TAR. Rope courses, puzzles, food eating, and one could hope for a fire-building showdown.  Would also explain the lack of social media spoilers.

great ideas!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »
I wonder if the timing could be arranged for the Race to arrive at the BB house in time for the beginning of BB 20.

I doubt it since the first episode airs June 27th and the houseguests are actually in the house for some time before that.  Speculation is that cast might be going in the house on June 18th.

It would have actually made more sense to have the race start in the BB house if they were to include something from BB in the show.  At least in my opinion!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »
What a horrible place for a Finish LINE THAT would be!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
I doubt the BB House could be used for any tasks or route markers on a final leg because of the 24/7 nature of the BB live feeds, and it would be impossible to have any houseguests avoid any mention of the remaining Racers. CBS wouldn't want to spoil the remaining Racers at that point.
This is also why I'm not sure TAR will try to go the the island of Survivor's first season. TAR had a clear opportunity to do so in Season 4 when they visited Borneo and departed  from the same port mentioned above, but didn't go to that island. But a great task and pit stop at the Orangutan Reserve.
-- theschnauzers

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 01:35:17 PM »
I doubt the BB House could be used for any tasks or route markers on a final leg because of the 24/7 nature of the BB live feeds, and it would be impossible to have any houseguests avoid any mention of the remaining Racers. CBS wouldn't want to spoil the remaining Racers at that point.
This is also why I'm not sure TAR will try to go the the island of Survivor's first season. TAR had a clear opportunity to do so in Season 4 when they visited Borneo and departed  from the same port mentioned above, but didn't go to that island. But a great task and pit stop at the Orangutan Reserve.

They could use the backyard and have no interactions with the HGs.  It is not uncommon for the HGs to have the BY locked off when a comp is being prepared or be restricted to just the HoH room.  The timing would be real tight though if the BB season is going on so likely not possible more because of that. If racers came in a day earlier or a day later then you might have a conflict with a comp build or something.   It would only work if they knew exactly what day and around what time the racers would be there. 

They could visit the BB Canada house though.   

But to use the BBUS House it would have needed to be near the start.  Start somewhere... go to BB house for some task that determines which of 3 flights you get on then off to airport. 

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »

I don't know why it would have an effect on the teams going to that location in Borneo?

It's not like Survivor is filming in that location currently, nor do they have live feeds of what's happening.

Also, with a season containing several Survivor teams, and focusing on a clash of the Reality Shows, now would be the time to go to a location like that, as opposed to a regular season (especially an early season, where the show was trying to have it's own identity separate from Survivor).

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
Noticed on the running in start photos they were grouped by shows.  Survivor in front, TAR in middle, then Big Brother.

Just speculating, but this would be so Big Brother if at the start there were team color coded identifiers hidden in the sand and once discovered they had to go find the matching identifier on a kite balloon and reel it in to get the clue.  Or vise versa.  Or not. 

Big Brother task start, TAR leg in Tokyo and a Survivor leg would certainly build up the expectation for teams to keep their show group strong.  This would certainly setup Reality Clash pressure and drama for the show editing and promos, especially in the early episodes.  Finish the latter episodes strictly TAR.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »
Usually they'll visit one of Kuala Lumpur/Penang/northern Malaysia Borneo if they visit Malaysia next. Hoping they break the mole by visiting southern Malaysia Borneo which only featured on TAR Asia 1 final leg.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 02:04:30 PM »

Move in for BB20 is around the 20th of June. I wondered if they could have filmed there before leaving LA already?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2018, 02:13:39 PM »
Rehashed locations from the previous Malay visits?

They might be going somewhere else such as Sarawak, Langkawi, or Ipoh.

Offline krandor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 02:51:22 PM »

I don't know why it would have an effect on the teams going to that location in Borneo?

It's not like Survivor is filming in that location currently, nor do they have live feeds of what's happening.

Also, with a season containing several Survivor teams, and focusing on a clash of the Reality Shows, now would be the time to go to a location like that, as opposed to a regular season (especially an early season, where the show was trying to have it's own identity separate from Survivor).

It would be a good time to go and there is a lot they could do out there in terms of tasks.  Could make where tribal council was the pit stop and if you wanted to be mean have fire making challenge as a head-to-head.  Detour could be something like "fish" or "hunt".   Lot of possibilities.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2018, 03:00:58 PM »
This would be so perfect I am going to be disappointed if it isn't It!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2018, 04:16:41 PM »
Just saw this:

Eid-al-Fitr is a holiday to mark the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan, during which Muslims fast during the hours of daylight.
Hari Raya Puasa Day 1 2018
Friday, June 15, 2018

That could affect transportation. The end of Ramadan is a extremely hard time to travel lots of people on the move. Been there done that myself.

I think it was about this time we had teams stuck in Africa for 24 hours??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:06 PM »
The Hajj during All-Stars' African legs?

Offline Usernam_Pending

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »
It's possible they could end up in a different countries big brother house. Big Brother Britain had a twist where one member was sent to the South African house.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2018, 05:04:04 PM »

If that's the case, then TAR will have a second visit to Outback Australia!

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2018, 05:41:29 PM »
IF teams are actually headed to Malaysia (or at least to Kuala Lumpur International [KUL]), they could really be heading anywhere in Malaysia.

There's plenty of flights to Kota Kinabalu, as well as many other locations.

But I would like to propose another option: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

Depending on team departures from leg 1 pit-start, I find it tough to believe that some/any teams could make the 10:20a or 11:20a flight to KUL from NRT, meaning teams were more likely on the 5:20p flight, meaning they would take the next available flight in the morning, leaving at 6:35a

Production could make it there the night before, leaving KUL at 9:35p- plenty of time for them to set up.

Production would have more than enough time for this connection if THEY were able to catch the 10:20a/11:20a flights from Narita.

It's still WAY more likely it's somewhere in Malaysia, but it'd be a cool surprise if they could sneak Brunei in there.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »
IF teams are actually headed to Malaysia (or at least to Kuala Lumpur International [KUL]), they could really be heading anywhere in Malaysia.

There's plenty of flights to Kota Kinabalu, as well as many other locations.

But I would like to propose another option: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

Depending on team departures from leg 1 pit-start, I find it tough to believe that some/any teams could make the 10:20a or 11:20a flight to KUL from NRT, meaning teams were more likely on the 5:20p flight, meaning they would take the next available flight in the morning, leaving at 6:35a

Production could make it there the night before, leaving KUL at 9:35p- plenty of time for them to set up.

Production would have more than enough time for this connection if THEY were able to catch the 10:20a/11:20a flights from Narita.

It's still WAY more likely it's somewhere in Malaysia, but it'd be a cool surprise if they could sneak Brunei in there.

Brunei has quite a lot of red tape.

----
As for the original Malaysia tweet, I had a look at the user's timeline. Its almost exclusively TAR related content. What if they are watching an episode of the show before they head to Malaysia?? I wouldn't put a lot of faith into it.

Offline Rgm888

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
First time following while the race is going on, is it usually this slow with sightings and whatnot?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2018, 06:00:29 PM »
First time following while the race is going on, is it usually this slow with sightings and whatnot?

:welcome: too RFF!

Sometimes it is quite slow but sometimes we get a lot! TAR18 leg 1 was heavily spoiled for example, but TARCAN's first leg this past April we had 0 sightings!

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2018, 06:52:06 PM »
The Foreign Office (FCO) travel advice states that all but essential travel to the islands off the coast of eastern Sabah, Malaysian Borneo, should be avoided. While taking this information into account, we have also explored general safety standards in Borneo for the benefit of our customers.