Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 577309 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 09:33:17 PM »
New to TAR spoilers.. roughly how long does it take to film a season?
There'll be photos in due time. It's very plausible that we could get an influx overnight tonight.

:welcome: to RFF guys!

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 02:38:29 AM »
So where could the teams be heading in Malaysia?  Kuala Lumpur again?  Somewhere else unvisited in Malaysia?  What are the possibilities?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 02:41:05 AM »
So where could the teams be heading in Malaysia?  Kuala Lumpur again?  Somewhere else unvisited in Malaysia?  What are the possibilities?

I don't think Malaysia has been conformed yet... Hopefully it's not KL, but knowing TAR producers...

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 02:44:49 AM »
I don't think Malaysia has been confirmed yet...
I'm willing to believe it is if Peach was the one who put up the tweet.  If she or certain other members she trusts put forth the information, I'm more inclined to think it's true, so I think that is, in fact, the next destination.

Gra1162

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 02:53:42 AM »
Please be Legoland

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 03:02:04 AM »
I don't think Malaysia has been confirmed yet...
I'm willing to believe it is if Peach was the one who put up the tweet.  If she or certain other members she trusts put forth the information, I'm more inclined to think it's true, so I think that is, in fact, the next destination.

All is spec until proven. That is someone else's tweet not mine...take it for what it is worth.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2018, 03:03:02 AM »
How about Penang?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 03:09:39 AM »
Let's just hope there are no connections through Singapore at the moment.....
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 03:19:25 AM »
A possibly useless thought that crossed my mind - with all the talk about Papua New Guinea, however true all that was, and with what happened during S24, where Malaysia held replacement leg(s), could this one be a replacement leg as well?

Gra1162

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 03:22:54 AM »
A possibly useless thought that crossed my mind - with all the talk about Papua New Guinea, however true all that was, and with what happened during S24, where Malaysia held replacement leg(s), could this one be a replacement leg as well?
I think it might

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 03:25:19 AM »
PNG is too dangerous.

But if it is a replacement leg, then why did they have to choose Malaysia again?  :groan:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 03:41:16 AM »
PNG is too dangerous.

its no less safe than, say, panama, morocco, or bahrain, all of which TAR has been to recently

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:35 AM »
PNG is too dangerous.

its no less safe than, say, panama, morocco, or bahrain, all of which TAR has been to recently

Crime Threats

The rate of crime in Papua New Guinea is among the highest in the world. Crime rates are highest in/around major cities (Port Moresby, Lae, Madang, Mount Hagen, Goroka), but crimes can occur anywhere.

Travelers should be particularly cautious of pickpocketing threats when in crowded public places, especially the local public markets. Bag-snatchers may try to open doors of automobiles that are stopped or moving slowly in traffic. Sophisticated criminal enterprises also exist, and their capabilities often exceed that of local law enforcement authorities.

U.S. citizens have been victims of violent crime, including gang rape, carjacking, home invasions, kidnappings, and armed robberies.

Westerners may be perceived as wealthy, potentially making them targets of opportunity for criminals. Travel in groups and/or with an experienced guide. Be cautious of displays of wealth and keep valuables out of plain-sight; do not carry anything with you that you are not willing to part with if confronted. Change direction or depart the area if you become apprehensive of suspicious people, groups, or activities. Many of the businesses in Port Moresby have gated parking lots with guards on duty. Carry your cell phone and inform others of your travel plans when possible.

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=22022

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 04:10:00 AM »
On the contrary, the teams getting caught up in the events in Singapore, even if just delays at the airport would be great TV.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 05:46:18 AM »
On the contrary, the teams getting caught up in the events in Singapore, even if just delays at the airport would be great TV.

I think productions would do whatever it takes to avoid changing at Singapore today. It’s going to be so messed up if anything happens.

I see Tokyo has flights to KL and Penang, with 2 direct choices to KL (ANA départs earlier and can arrive KL tonight), and if fly to Penang it would need to stop at least once at Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore or KL, but seems all would not make it before tomorrow morning.

Gra1162

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 05:54:00 AM »

I think productions would do whatever it takes to avoid changing at Singapore today. It’s going to be so messed up if anything happens.

I see Tokyo has flights to KL and Penang, with 2 direct choices to KL (ANA départs earlier and can arrive KL tonight), and if fly to Penang it would need to stop at least once at Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore or KL, but seems all would not make it before tomorrow morning.
Hong kong  :cheer: 

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »
If they are in Malaysia, maybe its Borneo because thats where Survivor's first season was

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »
If they are in Malaysia, maybe its Borneo because thats where Survivor's first season was

That makes sense to me.  I had an idea that maybe they will incorporate all the shows somehow.  Visit the BB house somehow, visit a location important to Survivor, etc.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »

That makes sense to me.  I had an idea that maybe they will incorporate all the shows somehow.  Visit the BB house somehow, visit a location important to Survivor, etc.

Was hoping that would mean a TAR first visit to Fiji since Survivor loves it so much. Maybe not :P

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
:hiya :welcome2: to the R.F.F., TeamVicoleFan!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
Just a bit of insight. Malaysia Air has a flight landing in Perth in about 1;30 hours. it had a nice 2 hour connection from the Narita flight. So just in case we get lucky aha.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 10:27:05 AM »

:like:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ezione

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 10:35:24 AM »
I see Malaysia being a more rural leg, especially if we already got a night time bustle leg in Tokyo, although it could still be a city leg because Kuala Lumpur is really modern and has sites to see.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »
The location the original survivor filmed at IS only 30 miles from Kota Kinabalu

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
That would be my best guess at the moment. Guess we'll see!
RFF's Golden Rule: