Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 579385 times)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2975 on: May 24, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
Could Switzerland be a KOR Leg?
Sorry but No.
So one of them is a non eleminations leg?
I think that it's speculated that next week is Rachel & Elissa's elimination and the following leg in an NEL
I believe it is the other way round.
Next week will be NEL and the 8th leg will be Reiley sisters' elimination.

Remember we did not get the u-turn vote promoted for the coming episode.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2976 on: May 24, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
Yeah, it's a new thing, so no doubt if it was next leg, the preview would have shown it. Just like the pre-season.

Phil: "...And the first ever voting U-Turn!" (Cut to reactions, including the Reilly sisters)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2977 on: May 24, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
The preview from the end of Ep 6 also included that scene with crying Nicole and Rachel telling her not to play the victim. Doesn't look like anyone gets eliminated there.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2978 on: May 25, 2019, 05:17:00 AM »
I love the KOR legs, so I really hope that there is One this Season. There so far have been Amazing!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2979 on: May 26, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
It's the third/last NEL because why would the Survivor Boys just be standing to the sides of the two BB teams on the Mat of all places?

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2980 on: May 27, 2019, 04:57:50 AM »
From the filming dates for the next two legs and their locations, a KOR leg is very unlikely.
My speculation leg 7 is the last NEL of the season, and the voting uturn is introduced in leg 8.
I am curious how US will implement the Voting Uturn twist, especially with the fact that there are still 7 teams racing.
I get an impression that whatever argument is being teased, might get into play into that.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2981 on: May 27, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »
If the Reillys get the NEL again, I can see it now. The Rachel haters on SM will be screaming "non-eliminations are fixed!" this week and celebrating the next.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2982 on: May 27, 2019, 07:49:51 AM »
If the Reillys get the NEL again, I can see it now. The Rachel haters on SM will be screaming "non-eliminations are fixed!" this week and celebrating the next.

What's SM?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2983 on: May 27, 2019, 08:02:08 AM »

What's SM?

Social media

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2984 on: May 27, 2019, 03:34:11 PM »
The U-Turn Vote will probably play out like the Partner Swap. Phil surprises teams at an Hours of Operation and they hold the vote in front of each other, hence the tease from the season preview of Rachel being upset in front of the group.

I would prefer the vote happening like it does everywhere else. Right after the Pit Start or at the first Route Marker. Also, no teasing the teams. It would be more interesting.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2985 on: May 27, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »
Do you think all the other teams will up voting for the Reilleys?

And honestly, the teams are quite silly to target Reilleys when Colin and Christie are far bigger threats. Or maybe C and C manage to get some sort of immunity from this?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2986 on: May 28, 2019, 12:48:58 AM »
Do you think all the other teams will up voting for the Reilleys?

And honestly, the teams are quite silly to target Reilleys when Colin and Christie are far bigger threats. Or maybe C and C manage to get some sort of immunity from this?
I think the only team who wouldn't vote for the Reillys are Leo & Jamal.

The Reillys would probably get votes from Becca & Floyd to pay them back for the U-Turn in Laos (with the typical "We like everyone else." kind of explanation). Then Nicole & Victor after whatever happens in the next Leg. Plus Tyler & Korey after the eye rolls at the airport during Laos>Vietnam.

If it's a "Vote Ceremony" type of deal, C&C and Chris & Bret could easily just go with the majority as well.

I get why TAR would want to do it in this way, if that's the case. But I prefer the "normal" way where teams don't really get a time to strategize or talk to each other before hand. At least since this would be the first time they'd ever encounter such a thing. It also makes it easier to gang up on one team.

Plus, it would be fun if 2 or more teams tied and they were all U-Turned  :lol:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2987 on: May 28, 2019, 12:08:02 PM »
I was thinking that if the first Swiss leg is a non, the Reilly's probably finish last and then get uturn voted in the second swiss leg as an easy vote to add onto their speed bump.

Offline spoilersplease

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2988 on: May 29, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »
Whats the likelyhood they have the third NEL this early in the season?

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2989 on: May 29, 2019, 07:25:54 PM »
Whats the likelyhood they have the third NEL this early in the season?

Based on the fact that a team was eliminated each leg after the Switzerland legs back during filming, highly likely lol
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:30:43 PM by Jro »

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2990 on: May 29, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
I was thinking that if the first Swiss leg is a non, the Reilly's probably finish last and then get uturn voted in the second swiss leg as an easy vote to add onto their speed bump.

Well, I was wrong lol. Should've known from the season preview after episode one and the edit the entire time that it wasn't going to be something like adding onto a speed bump. Still find it dumb that they get u-turned instead of a more threatening team, though I guess they kinda ruined that themselves.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:18:44 PM by Jro »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2991 on: May 29, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »
The title for the eighth leg implies a Switchback to the William Tell RB during the first ever Swiss visit.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2992 on: May 29, 2019, 09:04:47 PM »
I just hope next week's u-turn vote will be anonymous (everyone vote secretly) and not the ceremony-like, so that teams will not simply just go with the majority to get one team out.

Maybe they should have worked similar to the Israel season 3's voting double u-turn, where the team got voted the most can have the opportunity to u-turn a team.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2993 on: May 29, 2019, 09:13:09 PM »
I just hope next week's u-turn vote will be anonymous (everyone vote secretly) and not the ceremony-like, so that teams will not simply just go with the majority to get one team out.

Maybe they should have worked similar to the Israel season 3's voting double u-turn, where the team got voted the most can have the opportunity to u-turn a team.
It looks like they're doing it all out in the open with Phil moderating it. Yikes. I hope it's something different. But I doubt it.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2994 on: May 29, 2019, 09:32:13 PM »

It's not anonymous. They showed in the preview for the next episode that everybody has to say their vote out loud in front of everybody.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2995 on: May 29, 2019, 11:12:26 PM »

It's not anonymous. They showed in the preview for the next episode that everybody has to say their vote out loud in front of everybody.
:groan: :groan: :groan: Don't know what's worse - the vague preview in general, the open forum U-Turn, or the fact the Speed Bump still exists twelve years in. Any info on what's going on for locations next Leg?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2996 on: May 30, 2019, 01:38:04 AM »
Given what happen with the Reilly’s this leg with the other teams, the U Turn vote will most likely be their downturn. They’ve done poorly on most of the legs, and they’ve really made enemies of
Nicole and Victor who I guess make known their displeasure over this leg’s events to the other teams.

-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2997 on: May 30, 2019, 02:21:13 AM »
So I guess I was wrong about Leo & Jamal not voting for the Reillys. Even though Rachel & Elissa probably dug themselves deeper in the hole by actually trying to protect Leo & Jamal by not mentioning their names re: the U-Turn threat to Vicole.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2998 on: May 30, 2019, 02:30:48 AM »
Reilly sisters / Team Fun > Vicole
Vicole > Reilly sisters

Others are all mysterious  :groan:
Especially Chris & Bret / Colin & Christie  :groan:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2999 on: May 30, 2019, 04:35:41 AM »
There are 3 information that seemed to be hammered on throughout last nights episode, that it's interesting to speculate over here.

1) UTurn Paranoia e Uturn Vote for leg 8.
That turned messy quick. I think from the content that has been edited in, there's no way that Reilly sisters won't be uturned next week. There are 7 teams racing, potentially (emphasis, in potential) in Uturn vote, if this is done with the same rules as from the other TAR versions, is that if teams tie in number votes, all of the are uturned. By those rules all teams could be uturned, if everybody voted for a different team. That would never happen. But realistically, a vote with 7 teams could still make that into a double or triple uturn, which I think won't happen here at all. From all the events we've seen, I think it's very likely that the Reilly sisters get majority of votes, and that will doom them. With 7 teams racing, 3 votes are enough to get any team the majority and getting uturned. If Fun, Leo & Jamal, and Victor and Nicole all vote for the Reilly's, they're uturned. If Reilly keep gunning for Fun, it almost doesn't matter how the the other 3 vote, unless all 3 of them choose another same team to vote on.

2) Rachel breaking records
Phil was specific by wording that if she completes next leg, she'll hold the new record. Even if they are Uturned, and are eliminated by the end of leg 8, if she hits the mat, Rachel will still become the new record holder of completed legs.

3) Only TAR teams have won legs so far.
Now, I am going into Timeline and Sightings territory. We know who are the final 3, and we know the finishing order of the teams in leg 11. We also have enough information to be able to infer about which teams are eliminated in fifth and sixth. So with all the insistence about only TAR teams winning legs so far, I think Victor and Nicole, might be pulling a Jet & Cord, and maybe getting a win on leg 8.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:39:35 AM by NumfarPTB »