Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 579121 times)

Offline kelkin111

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
I could be wrong, but it looks like Singapore. I had a random midnight-midnight layover in Singapore recently, and spent a significant amount of time in the airport.

Offline tarbbsurvivor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
I zoomed in on the water bottle in Leo’s fanny pack and it greatly resembled a Thai bottled water brand called Namthip. Maybe a possible layover in Bangkok, could be wrong though.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2018, 01:57:53 PM »
Thank god for Jody being on TAR because their fans always got great spoilers aha

https://twitter.com/JessicaCodyBB19/status/1006951035880050688

Seems like they found Leo/Jamal in the airport. Brit and Janelle are supposed to be in as well!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that looks like inside the Terminal 3 of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Well, I don't have any proof yet, but the reflection on the right wall looks like a tilting and big windows, and the T3 of Soetta Airport does look like that. Also, there are two holes on the left side that looks like the air conditioning hole on the new terminal... ??? ??? ???

Please note that this is purely my idea and speculation, it CAN be wrong... :)

Edit: I think it's wrong. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:11:25 PM by Kamineko »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
Note that the person being shaded in the middle, it seems this person is in some traditional dress/pants, to me it looks really like Indonesian/Malaysian.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2018, 02:04:58 PM »
Thank god for Jody being on TAR because their fans always got great spoilers aha

Seems like they found Leo/Jamal in the airport. Brit and Janelle are supposed to be in as well!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that looks like inside the Terminal 3 of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Well, I don't have any proof yet, but the reflection on the right wall looks like a tilting and big windows, and the T3 of Soetta Airport does look like that. Also, there are two holes on the left side that looks like the air conditioning hole on the new terminal... ??? ??? ???

You might be onto something because the mint/teal color that's behind Leo and Jamal is also in the right side of this photo (could be a meaningless point but it's just an observation)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »
I zoomed in on the water bottle in Leo’s fanny pack and it greatly resembled a Thai bottled water brand called Namthip. Maybe a possible layover in Bangkok, could be wrong though.

Good eye. There is also a Japanese company called Lohas which uses the same design. I think this is a better match.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »

I think there is a shop behind Leo/Jamal, but it seems I cannot find any match with the shops guide in Jakarta airport
http://soekarnohatta-airport.co.id/en/guides/shop-and-dine/32

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »

Good eye. There is also a Japanese company called Lohas which uses the same design. I think this is a better match.

Oh yeah, the letter い and ろ are better match on the bottle...

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »

I think there is a shop behind Leo/Jamal, but it seems I cannot find any match with the shops guide in Jakarta airport
http://soekarnohatta-airport.co.id/en/guides/shop-and-dine/32

Yeah, there looks like a red seat behind them, and I cannot find any match with red seat on the waiting room on T3.. False alarm, will edit my post. :tup:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
Seeing as Canada 6: Heroes' Edition just visited Jakarta a month ago, it would be little surprise for an American leg or two there.

Offline tarbbsurvivor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2018, 02:21:40 PM »

[/quote]

Okay, yes! This makes a lot more sense then Thailand, so when we get an idea of when this photo was taken we can find out if there was a second leg in Japan.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
As to that airport terminal pic, there are other airports and other terminals. Has that possibility been checked? (i.e., focus on where that terminal is (city), then that gives a better clue as to where that location is inside that terminal.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »
Feel free to help out! The more eyes the better!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2018, 02:55:55 PM »
Has anyone asked them where the original picture came from?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
If it's in Japan, it could just as easily be a train station and not an airport.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
I've been combing through photos of Narita- it doesn't seem to match up for me

The ceilings at Narita look to be shorter, and in general it seems a little more closed in than what the photo is showing.

Side note: I'm LOVING the floor in Narita's Terminal 3!  Looks like a race track :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »
Questions: Regarding the current timestamp, does anyone have an estimate about which leg we are on now? Also, did we get a lot of live sightings from teams in TAR15 during their Tokyo leg?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
Two legs must be done by now.
If they were filming in the evening of 11/06 in Tokyo, and it's now early morning of 14/06 in East Asia, I could even see them doing leg 3 soon.

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »
OK, The Amazing Race facebook page posted a pic of a black man who had fallen overboard. The comment is "When sailing in St. Tropez, France, try to remain calm at all times."  The picture said 'Man Overboard' -Elise Doganieri.

Now, I realize this is probably nothing, but you never know when they might sneak in hints...  :duno:

btw The man looked too old to be Floyd, I think... But ya never know.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:19:21 PM by Mhillstrom »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »
Hello. The man is Cedric from last season. It's just referencing a previous challenge & doesn't relate to TAR 31.

https://www.facebook.com/amazingrace/photos/a.10150382316044941.377744.5298599940/10156385104004941/?type=3

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »
Hi! New member here :) I think the airport might be the one in Hanoi, Vietnam. I use to teach English in Thailand and spent awhile in that area and the blue glass stood out to me. Quick google search and I found the attached. Could be just a similar style but thought I would point it out.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2018, 06:29:51 PM »
Hi! New member here :) I think the airport might be the one in Hanoi, Vietnam. I use to teach English in Thailand and spent awhile in that area and the blue glass stood out to me. Quick google search and I found the attached. Could be just a similar style but thought I would point it out.

That looks promising!

Do you know if that's a specific terminal, or is that pretty consistent throughout?

It might help narrow my search in finding the gate they were by.

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »
Hello. The man is Cedric from last season. It's just referencing a previous challenge & doesn't relate to TAR 31.

https://www.facebook.com/amazingrace/photos/a.10150382316044941.377744.5298599940/10156385104004941/?type=3

I figured that out after I posted LOL I didn't watch most of last season so I didn't recognize him. LOL

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2018, 06:34:18 PM »
It is pretty consistent all over the airport. I remember it in the arrivals area and I believe Terminal 2. I can search more in a few. Pretty sure I have some personal Facebook pictures from that area I will go through :)