Author Topic: Jessica and Cody want Evel Dick to be invited to The Amazing Race...  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think Evel Dick was interesting to watch on Big Brother and would be fun to watch on The Amazing Race or Survivor, but it is NEVER going to happen. Evel Dick began a second season of Big Brother a really long time ago, but ended up having to leave early because the medical team discovered he had HIV and Production didn't want to put the other players at risk. There is so much of every kind of physical contact in most reality shows, so Evel Dick could never be cast for anything again without inviting all sorts of legal ramifications to the table. Knowingly exposing others to HIV and putting them at risk is a criminal offense and if a reality show were to cast him and he ended up exposing someone to HIV, both him and the production crew of the show could end up in very big legal trouble. I hope Evel Dick is able to live a full and productive life despite having it, but his days as a reality show contestant are over and done. There is too much risk involved in having someone with a communicable autoimmune disease on a reality show that involves high levels of physical contact. As I said, if someone like that was cast and they exposed others to the point where someone else became sick, there would be a legal firestorm and whatever reality show that allowed such casting would be over and done with. Communicable diseases like HIV are very serious and those who have it can live very full, productive lives, but those lives cannot involve being on reality television because the risk to others is too great. Why do you think people who go through the casting process have to pass over medical hurdles? The producers of reality shows know what could happen if they allowed such a risk to proceed.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/06/amazing-race-winners-cody-nickson-jessica-graf-big-brother-evel-dick/

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Does he still have HIV?

If they let him on, then they risk infected BOTH contestants and production crew...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Good lord guys. You don't inhale HIV.

I highly suggest doing some reading.

HIV is not highly contagious. It is NOT transmitted through touching, hugging, sneezing, coughing, eating or drinking from common utensils, or being around an infected person.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Okay, HIV is transmitted through a very suggestive private contact between two or more people.

But then, people need to be more educated about STDs to prevent misunderstandings like this.

So, Evel Dick is not risking of infecting the production and the contestants. Just saying.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
HIV is not highly contagious. It is NOT transmitted through touching, hugging, sneezing, coughing, eating or drinking from common utensils, or being around an infected person.

Precisely. There's a reason why AIDS is called a STD.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I definitely agree, I do not think he should be invited on the Race at all.

...though, that has nothing to do with him having HIV. It's because he's a Big Brother alumnus.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Jessica and Cody want Evel Dick to be invited to The Amazing Race...
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »
I think someone needs a Biology lesson.