Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-RACE Cast speculation *MAY Contain Spoilers*  (Read 11671 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 31 Pre-RACE Cast speculation *MAY Contain Spoilers*
« on: May 18, 2018, 10:19:28 AM »
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-amazing-race-season-31-big-brother-survivor-players-cast/

Normal RFF Protocol is to NEVER reveal the cast ahead of time.

But with this much media stuff out there we'll move our potential cast discussions over here.

PLEASE NOTE:

This is NOT a WISHLIST THREAD!

Anyone posting their own wishlist will have their post removed and a possible "time out".

This is for Discussion of possible teams  revealed in the Media ONLY.

If a team IS NOT MENTIONED IN Legitimate MEDIA then they are NOT to be discussed in this thread.

Fair warning.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:12:34 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31 Cast speculation
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:31:32 AM »
I wonder why we have 15 names from Big Brother leaked and no names from TAR & Survivor, except for Tai.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »
I really believe we will see a lot of surprises in the actual cast. This much publicity/spoilers, even given the crossover cast, seems weird.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »
I'm seriously not impressed with the concept or the potential casting choices.

Wasn't Rachel on two previous editions of TAR (20 and 24)? And apparently no mention of her hubby Brandon, which is odd.

This sort of stunt casting is going to be very painful for me to watch. Never thought I would say those words about any TAR season, but I really am not happy about this.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
I'm with schnauzers. This is going to alienate the loyal TAR fans in the worst way.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 01:07:32 PM »
Really not my cup of tea. I'm with theschnauzers & Maanca on this.

Yeah, but there is really nothing we can't do.  :carryon: As if we get a say, they (producers) never listen anyway. I'll say it anyway.
I HATE THIS THEMED SEASON WITH A BURNING PASSION. CAN WE JUST GET A FREAKING REGULAR SEASON!! :furious:

The casting choices are godawful. Utterly unimpressed.

The only positive here is we get another season. Hooray TAR lives another season.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:19:39 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 01:21:52 PM »
For easy reference in this thread:
Dan Gheesling and Jessie Godderz
Janelle Pierzina and Britney Haynes
Frank Eudy and Ian Terry
Caleb Reynolds and Tai Trang
Rachel Reilly and Elissa Slater
Corey Brooks and James Huling
Nicole Franzel and Victor Arroyo
Da’Vonne Rogers and Bridgette Dunning

---

Wow! All of these people I actually know... and...   :faint: ... I might not have a problem with most, if not all of them on the show.  :funny:

The last full season I watched was BB15, but as a casual BB fan, even I know who Caleb, Corey, James, Nicole, Victor, Da'Vonne and Bridgette are. I even know who Tai from Suvivor is and I haven't watched a season of Survivor since the Cagayan seasons.

So in that sense, these are known names. BB houseguests who all have their share of fans, but none of them I can see who might get a negative reaction like Cody & Jessica or Brendon & Rachel got. (Other than a general "EweBigBrotherpeople!")

These potential teams are all competitive and many can be very entertaining in their own way. And they make sense.

I'm definitely happy Frankie Grande said No. lol And I'm also happy Dr. Will said No as well. I assume CBS would have wanted to pursue a ChillTown reunion and a Mike Boogie is definitely the kind of BB HG I don't want to see on TAR. Derrick would've been a good team with his wife, but he definitely has other, better work now.

Team by possible team...
Show content
In order of my preference.

Rachel Reilly and Elissa Slater
A "hybrid" team that makes sense. Obviously Rachel is an All-Star on both TAR and BB so it would make sense she would be high on the list for a potential BB season. Though I expected Brendon, Elissa makes perfect sense. It's a new team, new dynamic. Sisters instead of bickering couple. And it leaves the possibility for Rachel to be back a 4th time in the future with Brendon lol

Dan Gheesling and Jessie Godderz
An unexpected pair, but both definitely worthy in their own right. Jessie is hilarious and it would be interesting to see Dan's BB strategy on TAR and whether it would work or not. (Probably not)

Janelle Pierzina and Britney Haynes
Already rumored ("old mamas") and definitely makes sense. Two fierce and strong competitors. Two of the best script reade... I mean, best confessional givers in the Diary Room.

Caleb Reynolds and Tai Trang
Caleb will get the "First person to do all three shows" treatment. I know him, but I don't even know how he did on either show though. I know Tai made it far both times he was on. So another "hybrid" team that makes good sense.

Da’Vonne Rogers and Bridgette Dunning
I know Da'Vonne and vaguely know Bridgette, but I know that they definitely speak their mind and don't back down from a fight or challenge. They could be a fun team to watch.

---

Nicole Franzel and Victor Arroyo
They're dating right? And she's a winner. So that checks off two prerequisites I guess. And they'd likely fill bickering couple slot.

Corey Brooks and James Huling
I remember Corey being boring? Or something. And James definitely made his fair share of drama and elicited reaction from fans. Another meh team for me, but still, it makes sense.

Frank Eudy and Ian Terry
A meh team for me. But I get why they would be included. Frank is also reasonably liked by BB fans? I don't know. And Ian-Dan rematch would be probably hyped up.  (Even if forced.)
Show content
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:30:23 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 01:26:26 PM »
I'm good with those teams, BUT I want more Survivor teams. If it's a TAR: Survivor and BB, we need more than one team representing Survivor.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 04:49:05 PM »
This thread is for ACTUAL DISCUSSION OF POSSIBLE TEAMS ONLY> as in cast Speculation.

This is NOT the place to say I love it/hate it/I wish it was different. If you do not have a relevant comment about one of the possible teams or the missing ones, DO NOT POST HERE. 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 02:38:10 PM »
Bridget from BB18 posted this on her instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjARlATBzMv/

She was rumored to be on the cast from US Weekly. She could be hinting at something...

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »

She was rumored to be on the cast from US Weekly. She could be hinting at something...

Makes sense. Only thing I'm confused about with the US Weekly list is that if Frank and Bridgette were going to be on the same Amazing Race season, I'd expect them to be teammates based off of how close they were in BB18.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 04:29:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bridgette hated Frank after the season?

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bridgette hated Frank after the season?

Oh, my bad then. Didn't really keep track of the BB18 cast after the season.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »

Bay to Breakers is a race in SF from the bay side to the ocean side. It takes place today (May 20).

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
I hated the idea at first, but looking at that list as someone who doesn't watch Big Brother, those would all be fresh names to me except for Dan since I shared an article he wrote one time. Maybe it won't be so bad.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31 Cast speculation *MAY Contain Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 05:18:36 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/28/the-amazing-race-josh-martinez-paul-abrahamian-big-brother-rivals/

TMZ is saying that Paul and Josh will be on TAR31. The article has a few mistakes. It says that Paul and Josh were rivals but then became friends after BB19. Thats not true. They were close the whole game.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 05:34:08 AM »
I'm okey with Josh, but Paul... Sick of him man, won't he stop until he wins something? xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 06:12:43 AM »
Paul & Josh are a meh for me. I'd put them in my 2nd tier personal preference of that Us Weekly BB list.  Though they would certainly be the team over the ones in that Us Weekly list that would bring drama and intense fan reaction the most. I wouldn't want to see them talking about Cody & Jessica and/or a BB rivalry all season though. But you know TAR would milk that contrived storyline as much as they could.