Author Topic: S36: Ep 14: "It is Game Time Kids" (5/23 3HR FINALE)  (Read 184971 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S36: Ep 14: "It is Game Time Kids" (5/23 3HR FINALE)
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »
saved

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: S36: Ep 14: "It is Game Time Kids" (5/23 3HR FINALE)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
just end already

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:19 AM »
I was such a Survivor fanatic 3-5 years ago, now I just roll my eyes at the show.
Might actually rewatch a Gabon or Tocantins to start to like it again, but I'm not watching the next season week by week.
I planned to do the same for Ghost Island, but didn't, and it's been such a disappointment.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 11:57:49 PM »
Survivor - It Is Game Time Kids (Preview)

Castaways try to navigate their way to immunity when facing the biggest maze in the history for the game. Also, a fire-making challenge could change one person's fate in the game, and, after 39 days, one castaway will take home the $1 million dollar prize and title of sole Survivor, on the two-hour season finale, followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, of Survivor, Wednesday, May 23 at 8/7c. Only CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v7r4gd6O16c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v7r4gd6O16c</a>
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:45:35 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Gra1162

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 02:22:28 AM »
Ghost island is getting worse and worse firstly natvi strong then des gets voted out then Chelsea (and I seriously don’t get why she gets so little screen time and her whole season gets 3 confessions) and then Kellyn why? Ok I am now only gonna countine watching it if anglia or Dom makes it to finals
I was such a Survivor fanatic 3-5 years ago, now I just roll my eyes at the show.
Might actually rewatch a Gabon or Tocantins to start to like it again, but I'm not watching the next season week by week.
I planned to do the same for Ghost Island, but didn't, and it's been such a disappointment.
Same gonna rewatch heros vs villains best season ever or blood vs water

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »
can Jeff just give the check to Dom or Wendell? (i think it will be Dom). This duo is not that great, because they play with a bunch of idiots (sorry). Other players realize that they can beat this duo but they didn't do anything to break them even though they had so many chances, especially Laurel & Donathan. At the reward, Laurel said "i want to cut their throat" but when she had great chance after winning immunity, she said " i think the smart move is to stick with them"  :groan:

Gra1162

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
can Jeff just give the check to Dom or Wendell? (i think it will be Dom). This duo is not that great, because they play with a bunch of idiots (sorry). Other players realize that they can beat this duo but they didn't do anything to break them even though they had so many chances, especially Laurel & Donathan. At the reward, Laurel said "i want to cut their throat" but when she had great chance after winning immunity, she said " i think the smart move is to stick with them"  :groan:
yeah exacly what did kellyn/angela do i am so scared angela might go home next

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 09:14:21 AM »
Survivor - Which Of These Castaways Will Be Crowned The Sole Survivor Of Ghost Island?

It's down to six castaways who have outplayed all the others to make it to the season finale of Survivor: Ghost Island, where they'll go head-to-head for the $1 million grand prize. Take a look at the impressive resumes of the final six and make your picks. Watch the season finale of Survivor: Ghost Island on Wednesday, May 23 at 8/7c on CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8cBYWc5wdGA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8cBYWc5wdGA</a>

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
It's down to six two castaways who have outplayed all the others to make it to the season finale of Survivor: Ghost Island, where they'll go head-to-head for the $1 million grand prize.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 10:54:52 PM »
Congratulations to
Show content
Wendell

It's over, Marionete and Jobby. It's finally over ;)

Gra1162

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
Congratulations to
Show content
Wendell

It's over, Marionete and Jobby. It's finally over ;)
Show content
YAY laurel didn't win  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
and yay season ended hope they do another heros vs villians

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
People like Angela should not be cast to play. She had no intention of the game and literally gifted it too Dom/Wendell lol

What is the point of the reunion if you are going to fly everyone in and pay them $1000 each if they do not speak?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 10:09:07 AM »
People like Angela should not be cast to play. She had no intention of the game and literally gifted it too Dom/Wendell lol

What is the point of the reunion if you are going to fly everyone in and pay them $1000 each if they do not speak?

$10000 I HEARD.

This is one of the worst season ever. I just watch the vote off to be extremely bored by it. I hope no one returns. I'm glad Wendell won as well because Dom is just smug and I'm biased and I don't care if he's the better player but NOPE, no to people who think they're great players but don't play with any socio-emotional aspect.

MOVE OVER, SEASON. You'll prob be remembered as the season which had a tie and that's it. BYE

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 10:13:58 AM »
The finale had the least viewers of any episode this season (lol).

Bring on next season, the characters already look interesting.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
Well, Donathan is getting $10,000 from pop singer Sia, who is apparently a big Survivor fan.

She gave to Tai before, too, for his causes.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
The finale was just cringeworthy all overt he place, and the only thing that kept me interested was reading all the dumb reaction posts live on sucks.
I wasn't even surprised/excited by the tie tbh.
Game Changers looks like an awesome season in retrospect now.

I'm just gonna watch the next season in ~December once it's all out, so I don't have to get invested if it's shiet.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »
I haven't posted much about this season because the show did what it never should do: I wasn't interested and this finale was a microcosm of everything bad about this season.

The FTC said it best. It was the Dom & Wendell show. This aspect highlights one aspect this season did terribly: the lopsided edit. Seriously, less than half of the contestants got any focus this season, even during the FTC only 5 people spoke. I don't feel like I knew this cast at all, it's so disappointing. Even when people did get airtime, we learned nothing about them personally; much of the talk was about the game. As much as I was annoyed about Ben's win, we at least learned about him personally.

Much of my frustration comes from the swap after two tribals, which led to the whole Naviti Strong.  :groan: In both GC & GI, one tribe lost both immunities in the first episode and were always in a minority after the swap and it stifled any gameplay. This in turn led to one dominant alliance with absolutely no resistance from any other contestant. Laurel kept saying that she was going to make a surprising move only to do nothing. This finale also saw Angela learn of a plan to flip the game. What does she do? Goes and tells Dom.  :groan:

The concept of Ghost Island started off okay but ultimately fell flat to me. Seriously, we spent 5 minutes in the finale over picking an urn.  :groan: :groan: I did like the twist over the JT idol and how its power could be increased but that's really it. The show really didn't use their relics that well. Nearly all the relics on Ghost Island were from GC, and I don't feel that they were creative with the relics. For example, instead of the stick automatically becoming a HII, a person could have earned it on Ghost Island and had to give it to someone and convince them it's real for it to earn power thereby referencing the situation with Jason & Eliza. At the same time, I was also annoyed with the idols this season like when Dom found an idol Day 2 and kept it the entire game keeping all power concentrated to one alliance.

I think my biggest annoyance with this season is that I never felt invested in the cast & game, so I was rarely excited. The Bradley vote-off & Michael nullifying 7 votes with an HII, both should have been exciting but they weren't. It was interesting to see the show's first ever tie, but since the entire story was on Dom & Wendell this moment wasn't as shocking as it could have been.

The reunion  :groan: (That is all; seriously do we even need it anymore)

I love Survivor having watched it for 16 years, but this season was difficult to watch. And it's not because I'm becoming jaded with the show itself. Watching NZ & SA Survivor have been way better than GI. NZ has done a much better job of showing the contestants' personality and multiple perspectives of gameplay. And SA:
Show content
So far we've seen one contestant EAT the HII clue so others wouldn't find it.  :funny: Contestants go through an ostracized player's bag to search for a HII only to find a prepared FTC speech.  :funny: A tribe collectively agreed to throw an immunity challenge (different alliances had different ideas as to who would be voted out) only for their opposing tribe to perform so poorly that the tribe throwing the challenge thought that the other tribe was also throwing it (they weren't)  :funny: Lastly, a tribe formed a dominant alliance and was going to vote off a member of a minority alliance when they went to tribal. One member of the minority alliance bluffed having a HII to a member of the majority alliance. That person flipped forcing a tie & a rock draw. The majority alliance lost a member leading to the formation and destruction of an alliance in one episode. The rock draw was in episode 2. All that in the course of 3 episodes.

I don't know what to think about US Survivor leading up to DvG but the show in general is trending downward for me. I remain hopeful that next season can change that but I don't know. My reaction after watching this season:

Gra1162

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 06:33:01 PM »
And Chelsea getting so little screen time was so sad :(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »
I love your post, Xoruz.

Is SA really that good? Should I watch it?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »
Thanks Marionete. The current SA season Philippines? Yes, after 3 episodes I would recommend it.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »
Worst season and finale in a while! Made Game Changers look good.

So many big moves not played or executed.

I really wish Laurel played more aggressive. Die trying because you got on Survivor. Another shot at the money may not happen so make your first time count.

Top 6
If Angela didn't blabber and the other players were smart enough to take out Dom, it would have been a big move.

Top 4
If Dom would have gave up immunity to take out Wendell, this would have been epic.

Loved the Ghost Island twist personally and having flashbacks to older seasons but that's about it. It was the Dom and Wendell show and every time an opportunity to take them out showed up, it never happened. So disappointed.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
All the seasons are running together for me. At least on TAR if a team is similar to a former, you have them in different lcations.

Same location/same style task/same style contestants = same old/same old. I had to do a 5 episode catchup before the finale...and really didn't care.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
Yes, it's become really stale and has jumped the shark with ridiculous 'themes'.
I wish Probst would retire tbh

Gra1162

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 06:53:44 PM »
Yes, it's become really stale and has jumped the shark with ridiculous 'themes'.
I wish Probst would retire tbh
yeah he is sometimes SO RUDE remeber all stars when Jenna Morasca wanted to quit because of her sick mom and Probst got really annoyed and also for sue's departure and okay because somebody us quit doesn't mean you have to Rude and also in Cagayan he pre-judging him that he would have no chance at the game.and wrote to him that he had no chance to win

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »
No, I disagree with what you said, and that is entirely not what I meant.