Author Topic: Amazing Race Ends With Proposal  (Read 3503 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race Ends With Proposal
« on: September 22, 2004, 11:28:04 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/22/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main644948.shtml

Amazing Race Ends With Proposal
(CBS/AP) An Orange County couple who ran, hiked and even used a luge to win $1 million in "The Amazing Race 5" collected their check for $1 million on The Early Show Wednesday.

Chip and Kim McAllister, who live in Coto de Caza, Calif., beat three other teams in the season finale of the CBS reality show. Chip, 46, who runs a Web technology company, and Kim, 44, who owns a recruiting company, covered more than 72,000 miles over six continents and 11 countries to earn the top prize.

Colin Guinn and Christie Woods, from Corpus Christie, Texas, finished in second. There appeared to be a lot of tension between the pair, who were dating throughout the show.

But Guinn told co-anchor Harry Smith, "Christy and I, we have a rotten edit: I'm a raging lunatic psycho and Christy just puts up with it - which couldn't be farther from the truth. We actually have a wonderful relationship and I'd like to just state for the record that I am the luckiest man alive being with Christy."

Then Colin proposed to her on the air, and she accepted.

The final challenge was to get through rush hour traffic in Dallas.

"This is just a blessing ... this is like surreal right now," said Chip after crossing the finish line. The couple said the first thing they would do give money to their church.

The remaining four teams of the 11 that started the race began their final trek in the Philippines, climbed up a snowcapped mountain in Canada and wriggled through a maze before finishing in Dallas.

The McAllisters said they decided to apply for the show because several of their friends and family thought they would make good contestants.

Brandon Davidson and Nicole O'Brian, who met last year at a Texas bridal show, came in third.

O'Brian told Smith, "Our relationship is great. I mean, we're taking it one day at a time and we've been dating for almost two years and we love each other. Brandon is traveling around right now, but we're doing good.

"Yeah, yeah, things are good," said Davidson. "I mean, I don't have a ring!"

The self-proclaimed bowling moms Linda Ruiz and Karen Heins, from Palmdale, Calif., finished in fourth place.

"The Amazing Race" has won Emmys the past two years for best reality series.

İMMIV, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Ends With Proposal
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 11:53:18 AM »
i missed the proposal... i swear i did not hear that at all... Was it aired?

t

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:57:39 AM »
Apparently Colin said in the beginning that he would propose if they won.  Guess he did it any ways.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:35:14 PM »
maybe marv knows ? marv did you see this part? I was busy typing and didn't notice if Colin proposed to Christie on the air ? or was this edited too?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 07:39:47 PM »
never mind marv..

The final teams were on CBS' The Early Show on Wednesday (9/22). The winning team was presented their check. Also, Colin proposed to Christie and she accepted
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 07:42:45 PM by puddin »