Author Topic: TAR 31 POLL  (Read 25334 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 31 POLL
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
If you could pick the framework of TAR31,  what would you MOST want to see?

You can ONLY choose ONE.

Feel free to explain why you choose what you do!

Assume this is NOT the last TAR.

5 days to vote then we'll look!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:48:58 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR 31 POLL
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:03:02 PM »
I would LOVE to see an All-Stars season with NO winners!

It almost could be like UB 2! Now THAT would be awesome!

If have another 'All-Stars' season, then I'm worried we could be like TAR24...

Great topic Peach!  :conf: :tup:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:04:52 PM »
Just a regular season. No gimmicks would be nice, but pretty sure CBS is pushing that on them now, so it's not likely to be that way anymore.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:07:29 PM »
Remember you are picking what you want to see NEXT...not the only one you will ever see.

:hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:19:12 PM »
Betcha! It could be a regular season with all-newbie teams in pre-existing relationship.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
I would like to see a just a regular season with no twists or no "This is going to be the most competitive season EVER, OH MY GOD!!!"

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »
Just stop the themes unless it's All-Stars. Even then, save it for the absolute last season.

I think you know what I don't want by now, yes?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 10:38:33 PM »
I say it is about the time for an all-star to happen, it have been 4 years since the last one
Yet, an all-star is only to be good if casting is done in good way and get the appropriate teams in.

If the production keep on casting someone they like rather than the fans like (I.e. threepeats / Dave & Connor), it is gonna be a mess again  :groan:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 12:53:14 AM »
I'll take legit All-Stars please <3 If possible, can we do the voting system like in Survivor?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Gra1162

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 04:47:21 AM »
I would love it to be all stars no winners if there are more seasons then same teams won't be on all stars and hopefully they don't invite celebs or all lot of ppl from 28

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 05:14:31 AM »
I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see ALL STARS: ALL WINNERS. I mean sure it would be a bit unfair for them to race twice because they've all already won, but damn, THAT would be a fierce competition to watch.

But a regular, no gimmick season would be so refreshing and I think it's what they need.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 05:17:27 AM »
I voted a regular season with all types and no gimmicks, like the firsts ones, with old teams and fat people. Tired of fit and young only.

I would be good with an All Stars season without winners, but also with teams who only played once. I don't want Globetrotters, cowboys, cancer, etc again. Just no.
Oh, and teams from season 1 to 30, not just from 25 over because 24 was AS too.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 07:39:10 AM »
I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see ALL STARS: ALL WINNERS. I mean sure it would be a bit unfair for them to race twice because they've all already won, but damn, THAT would be a fierce competition to watch.

But a regular, no gimmick season would be so refreshing and I think it's what they need.

Good to see you around again, but I'm going to disagree for two reasons:

1) They're not likely to get the most winning team ever - Dave & Rachel - back. How can you have all winners without the best winners this show has seen?
2) It makes 10 of the previous winners turn into losers, which personally I think taints their legacy and puts a black mark on their original win. Just think of JT in Survivor, his win in Tocantins has been significantly diminished due to his other showings.

Besides, TAR has produced pretty average winners. I'd struggle to fill a list of 11 winners I'd really want to see back. Half of the time the best team doesn't always win anyway.

I'm fine with the other three options without winners.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »
If TAR was doing as good as it was before, and especially if we had 2 seasons a year, then I would say I wouldn't mind an All-Stars of any kind.
Now, please just do a regular season. Nothing else. No gimmicks.

BTW, I really think the All-Winners All-Stars should be saved for TAR's final season or some special celebration anyway. And as oval pointed out, TAR is interesting in the way that anyone can win. In Survivor, if you're not prominent in your gameplay, i.e. if you're boring, you're not gonna win (most of the time, at least). And some of TAR winners are teams that weren't really entertaining to watch. So even if I liked them as winners, I wouldn't necessarily add them to my All-Stars wishlist, and so such a season might seem stale.

Who would be your dream cast for All-Winners, anyway, guys? This question goes for those supporting the idea, mostly. Also bear in mind, that with All-Stars, at least a couple teams will always decline.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »
Guests...please come vote! Registration is easy!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
If there was an all winners season, you have to assume all 3 girls teams would be invited back, with the expectation that one or two might be unable to join.

I have to think that Dave and Connor, Chip and Kim, or Uchenna and Joyce would be invited back, to have at least a semblance of age diversity. Then I say the Beekman boys, Dave and Rachel, Chris and Alex and Rob and Brennan would be good picks. Then you pad it out with some of the couples. Jason and Amy, Big Brother, Megan and Cheyne, etc. Maybe brooke and Scott if they wanted something different.

I think an all winners season would actually be quite boring. Go back and look at how many bland 20-somethings won the race. I'll take a normal season with normal people please.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 01:11:35 PM »
Go back to beginning! I want to see real people again. Older couples, goofy friends, moms. Enough with the alpha males, the super fit competitors or the cheerleaders. Just a regular season with real people.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 01:21:12 PM »
Yeah, TheRabbi's right.
We've all been complaining about the diversity of casts lately, but if you take any season's cast and compare it to the group of winners, the winners seem pretty bland.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:24:22 PM by Marionete »

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
My vote is more selfish- it’s more likely I’d get on a regular non-gimmick season  :funny:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
I like the setup of TAR 30, all teams that are highly competitive without other gimmicks. If they are a mix but most importantly, competitive, that is ideal.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 05:23:53 PM »
I would like to see Rob and Brennan, Chris and Alex, all three girl teams, Dave and Rachel, Dave and Connor, Josh and Brent, Chip and Kim, Uchenna and Joyce, Brooke and Scott and Flo and Zach

Offline TARMYANMAR

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 06:26:26 PM »
Regular casting, no gimmicks, just smart, interesting people who span multiple generations.
I love some of the older teams of seasons past, or parent-child teams of seasons past.
I think celebrities are kind of boring. Part of the fun of the game is getting to ‘know’ the participants.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 06:36:23 PM »
Welcome to RFF, TARMYANMAR! :)

Yeah, I guess my number one request for a cast of any kind would be to have people representing multiple generations. I would be so excited to see another team of grandparents or something of the like!! And I'm already missing parent/child teams, too, since we haven't had those in 2 seasons (which means, 2 years). :o

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 02:18:34 AM »
I also see TAR: Celebrity Edition, but, I know how y'all feel about this!  :lol: :funny:

Gra1162

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 04:37:21 AM »
I also see TAR: Celebrity Edition, but, I know how y'all feel about this!  :lol: :funny:
Yes love to have a cleb season for real clebs no social media reality show people   invite Arianna Grande and Iggy Azelia, Taylor swift and Katy Perry, Nikki Manj and so on