Author Topic: TAR Canada 6: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS  (Read 121605 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 6: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS
« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
I think they did the same thing as season 2, 1-2 tasks in Charlottetown, and then they went somewhere else.
I saw on facebook New London, I just hope they visited also another corner of PEI, you know...

Also with the confirmation of team 5 being from Calgary, it seems we already have 3 teams from Alberta this season!

We will know with the remaining sighting how many legs are left...Just my theory, but maybe they will do a leg in the USA, like somewhere not too far from the boarder...that would not be too expensive and it would count as international.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2018, 09:33:59 PM »
With all due respect, the original American edition must visit Vancouver for a full leg complete with Pit-Stop a la the Aussies before TARCAN even need deign to visit the States.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2018, 09:46:35 PM »
I think they did the same thing as season 2, 1-2 tasks in Charlottetown, and then they went somewhere else.
I saw on facebook New London, I just hope they visited also another corner of PEI, you know...

Also with the confirmation of team 5 being from Calgary, it seems we already have 3 teams from Alberta this season!

We will know with the remaining sighting how many legs are left...Just my theory, but maybe they will do a leg in the USA, like somewhere not too far from the boarder...that would not be too expensive and it would count as international.

The first thing I thought of when you said this is the little library south of Sherbrooke, Quebec that straddles the Canada/US border. They could go to the US without actually going to the US. And it would count. LOL

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »

Oh just pop over the border to Vermont...

Offline Hockeylova5

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #429 on: May 12, 2018, 03:56:00 AM »

The first thing I thought of when you said this is the little library south of Sherbrooke, Quebec that straddles the Canada/US border. They could go to the US without actually going to the US. And it would count. LOL

Lol that is in Stanstead, QC. SUPER small town, it would be tough to find other things to do in that area if they did that, besides the library.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2018, 07:47:45 AM »
Oh for sure, it would have to be in a combo leg with Sherbrooke.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »

That could be an option. I was thinking more of a Vermont leg or even NYC.
It really depends on how many legs we have left. If we only have two legs left, I don't see them leaving the country. One leg in Québec (maybe the Richelieu valley with the library on the border) and the finale. I think this year's finale will be Edmonton or Fredericton.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »
Fredericton, strangely, is the lone capital that's never been visited (or even mentioned).

If this turns out to be the final season, it's definitely a possibility...if it's not still underwater by the time they get there (The flooding of the Saint John River peaked at a historic high)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2018, 09:31:15 AM »
Just to recap:

Seen in PEI: 5/7/8
Last seen in Winnipeg: 2/4
Last seen in Toronto: 3/6
Last seen in Salt Spring Island: 9/10
Last seen in Victoria: 1

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
Wasn't the only Manitoba sighting just Jon Monty with those two local non-racer ladies?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: May 12, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »
Fredericton, strangely, is the lone capital that's never been visited (or even mentioned).

If this turns out to be the final season, it's definitely a possibility...if it's not still underwater by the time they get there (The flooding of the Saint John River peaked at a historic high)

Nay, it would break the pattern of major cities for finales: TO -> Ottawa -> Van -> MTL -> QC.

NB's likely getting skipped this season now that PEI's on the itinerary.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: May 12, 2018, 05:55:21 PM »

Decent chance of this being the penultimate episode after they come back from abroad from Leg 9 and before flying to either Alberta metropolis for the finale.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #437 on: May 12, 2018, 06:12:49 PM »

Decent chance of this being the penultimate episode after they come back from abroad from Leg 9 and before flying to either Alberta metropolis for the finale.

At least the race could have a leg in Quebec for the penultimate leg.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: May 12, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

It really depends on how many legs we have left. If we only have two legs left, I don't see them leaving the country.

There must be three remaining because the Starting Line was on the 23rd and the earliest finish would be on the 19th.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: May 12, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
The Toronto Double U-Turn at Final 7 was probably the first one, with the second board appearing on the Final 5 international leg.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: May 13, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »
So if we have 5 teams left, it does mean Toronto/Stratford was one leg (leg 6) team 3 probably eliminated
Winnipeg was leg 7 (6 or 7 teams)
PEI was leg 8 (6 or 5 teams left)
This is leg 9, they may go international now (5 becomes 4)
Come back for leg 10 (4 becomes 3)
Finale

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #441 on: May 13, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »
UGH.
5 teams remaining.
OR the eliminated team is travelling too???
UGH

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #442 on: May 13, 2018, 12:20:05 PM »
So if we have 5 teams left, it does mean Toronto/Stratford was one leg (leg 6) team 3 probably eliminated
Finale

I think I'm more confused than ever. We may not be able to figure this out until it's done. They haven't put out a press release so we don't even know how many legs we're dealing with. If this is a special edition, we may get a 12 leg season????

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: May 13, 2018, 12:24:57 PM »
Well, they promised four more location-hinting live events. So far we've had 3.

Stratford didn't really count as it wasn't live (and useless anyway. Floorboards, a brick wall, and a tree. Whoop-de-do.)

Maybe they'll do one when they get to the next place.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: May 13, 2018, 12:35:18 PM »
Finale

I think I'm more confused than ever. We may not be able to figure this out until it's done. They haven't put out a press release so we don't even know how many legs we're dealing with. If this is a special edition, we may get a 12 leg season????

Haha I'm also confused...but I don't think they would make the eliminated team travel with them, so I really thing we have 5 teams. 12 legs is possible, it's been done before and it's labelled as a special season.

If not, then what makes the most sense is between:

Leg 6: Stratford/Toronto
Leg 7: Winnipeg
Leg 8: PEI

Between these 3: we have 2 elimination and 1 NEL, going from 7 to 5
Another possibility would be that leg 6 (or 6/7) was just one super leg with 2 roadblocks, 1 detour in Toronto with the UTurn, and a few route info. We saw two different media people post finish mat, maybe we should analyse if it's the same setting/time. 

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #445 on: May 13, 2018, 12:49:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure the mat pics/teases were posted WELL BEFORE they landed in Toronto. We thought the leg was done, then bam they show up at Yonge & Dundas. But I can also see them doing that as a foiler.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: May 13, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
They could be doing 12 legs and Stratford/Toronto are 2?
So confused :groan:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: May 13, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
I am thinking 12 legs, or 11 and Stratford/Toronto are counted as one leg (but both being full ones, sort of like Hungary in TAR6).

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: May 13, 2018, 01:03:45 PM »
It's interesting that Team 6 only has one backpack. Same strategy as Jess/Cody
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #449 on: May 13, 2018, 01:05:33 PM »
I am thinking 12 legs, or 11 and Stratford/Toronto are counted as one leg (but both being full ones, sort of like Hungary in TAR6).

They might even make it a 2 hour episode. By that stage on the TV schedule, there's little on anyway.