Author Topic: S36: Ep 5: "A Diamond In The Rough" (3/21)  (Read 17017 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S36: Ep 5: "A Diamond In The Rough" (3/21)
« on: March 15, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
Survivor - A Diamond In The Rough (Preview)

One castaway attempts to rekindle relationships after duping their tribe, on Survivor, Wednesday, March 21 at 8/7c

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eSj9lWSTUfk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eSj9lWSTUfk</a>
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:36:19 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Re: S36: Ep 5: "A Diamond In The Rough" (3/21)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 01:24:24 PM »
Preview is up!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:23:41 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: S36: Ep 4: "A Diamond In The Rough" (3/21)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:31 PM »
Did they really just spoil which tribe is sitting at Tribal???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »
Survivor - A Diamond In The Rough (Sneak Peek)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aXOjo-ZId0A" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aXOjo-ZId0A</a>

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 11:36:54 PM »
Recap:

After returning from tribal council, Michael apologized to the old Naviti's about offending them at tribal council, and he himself was upset he made the wrong decision and believed he could be a target.

Reward Challenge: Tribes will need to hop over a series of tables to a pile of large sandbags. They will then need to search through the sandbags to find a lever. Pulling the lever will release sixty smaller sandbags, which tribes will need to collect. Using the small sandbags, they will need to hit a target that spins, raising a flag. The first tribe to raise all three flag wins.The reward was coffee and pastries.

Chris led Naviti to victory. The tribe decided to go to rocks to determine who from Malolo would go to Ghost Island, with Stephanie getting sent due to picking the white rock. On Ghost Island, Stephanie did not get an advantage which upset her. At Naviti, Chris and Donathan began to bond over having to take care of their families.

Immunity Challenge: Starting on the beach, one runner from each tribe will grab a boogie board attached to a large spool of rope and race across a series of floating balance beam to a set of four satchels with numbered tiles. Grabbing only one satchel, the runner will then get on the boogie board in the water, where their tribemates will have to reel them onto shore. Once the runner returns to shore, another person goes out. Once they have all four satchels, tribes will make their way to the finish deck, where they will used the numbered tiles to solve a combination lock, obtaining a key, which unlocks the tribe's sliding puzzle. The first tribe to finish their puzzle wins.

Malolo fell behind due to both Des London and Chelsea losing their boards. While they managed to catch up, Naviti pulled though and won immunity, sending Malolo back to tribal council. Kellyn and Chelsea wanted to target Jenna, Des and Sebastian wanted to target Stephanie for being a strategic threat, and Bradley wanted to go for Michael for being untrustworthy. Knowing they were targets, Jenna flirted with Sebastian, while Stephanie and Michael pleaded Bradley to keep them. Moments before tribal council, the original Naviti's were torn on voting for either Michael or Jenna, and Des checked Stephanie's bag to see if she got any advantage from Ghost Island but found nothing. At tribal council, Michael, Stephanie, and Jenna campaigned to stay, but ultimately Stephanie was sent packing in a unanimous 7-1 vote with Stephanie voting against Des London.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 11:38:28 PM »
Sad elimination

Next week: Swap at Top 15
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
Stephanie :( :( :( for Second Chances 2 plz
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 11:27:38 AM »
This is turning out to be one of the worst season due to the players voted off.
I love Brendan and Steph.

Stupid Naviti 5.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 11:46:48 AM »
I'm surprised the 5 are so tight though.
I always thought that swapping too late in the game will just create Pagonging scenarios as people are closer, but this time they swapped after just 6 days. Why were people not looking for new connections over at Malolo??

I'm not gonna jump on any hate train just because Steph is gone though. I like this season a lot so far because there is a surprising amount of character development, kinda old-school of them to do that.
I want the other Stephanie back as well though. </3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 01:36:52 PM »
I am sad that Stephanie is gone, she was one of my favorites. :(

I found the editing of this episode really different. Like Tribal Council just felt sad and not dramatic at all. Perhaps that is how they had to do it since the Naviti 5 were not cracking. It was refreshing. I like seeing the emotional side of people and I agree that there is a good amount of character development, which is good.

Also a second swap will be interesting, hopefully. It's the first time they have had two swaps in an all newbie season. I am happy that we don't have to deal with the Malolo pagonging on Malolo, but we missed the power struggle drama unfold at Naviti.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
It's the first time they have had two swaps in an all newbie season.
Gabon says hi <3

I honestly just want one of Dom/Chris to leave asap, because their feud is so forced and it has literally amounted to nothing, even though it's mentioned every single episode. -.-

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 02:34:10 PM »
So with a swap next week with 15 players left, what is the chance they go to 3 tribes?  Either that or someone gets sent to Ghost Island and joins the tribe that goes to TC after the next person is voted off.

Did we see the beginning of a "showmance" last night as well? Jenna and Sebastian?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 03:18:27 PM »
I thought of 3 tribes as well, but with a swap there is never a reward challenge, so the Ghost Island exile will have to take place post-IC. That's why I think there will be someone not attending TC, but joining the losing tribe once they vote someone out.

But of course 15 is a tempting number for 3 tribes.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
Instead of a purple or orange buff in the packet they pull, it could be black (or white)... for Ghost Island.  Or it could be colored rocks, orange, purple and black (or white).

There are ways to determine who goes to Ghost Island.  Haven't they also in a recent season had them show up for a challenge only to do a swap instead?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »
They always think they're showing up for a challenge whenever there's a swap.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 04:50:22 PM »
Survivor Kaoh Rong (Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty):

Plans were to swap from 3 tribes to 2 with 14 people left.  Due to Caleb's evacuation, they were down to 13 at that time. Everything going forward was planned for 2 tribes so staying with 3 was not an option for production. Instead of doing 7 and 6 member tribes, they chose to change things up.  At the swap, there were 3 different colors of buff... 1 red one and 6 each of the other colors.  Julia randomly got that buff and had to go to the Brawn beach alone until after the next TC where she would join the tribe that had lost the IC.

My point in all of this...  there is precedent that they could continue with 2 tribes but sending one person to Ghost Island until after the next TC when that person would join the losing tribe.

And, yes, all swaps are done on a challenge beach. That's a given.  It is the timing and types of swaps that changes.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 04:55:56 AM »
Not the best season so far, the Ghost Island twist hasn't really done anything.  The producers are having to put in sob story segments to add to the drama.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 02:49:11 PM »
Also in Game Changers, they swapped at 15 and formed two tribes of 7 with Debbie drawing no buff and she was sent to exile island to join the losing tribe after tribal council.

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 03:31:55 PM »
I gotta say, I don't understand the CBS decision-making process sometimes.

"Let's have this twist that we'll name the entire season after, but let's make it grant one advantage that can only come into play seven episodes later. Then after there's a swap, right when people would find it most beneficial to have any kind of advantage or miss TC all together, let's put empty stuff in all the urns, and make sure the person still attends tribal council."

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »
Agree.
I didn't like the idea when I first saw it, then it started to grow on me, but now I REALLY don't like the execution.
What makes everything feel super weird is how the castaways can't even choose which urn to break. If they did, I wouldn't have any issues with this twist whatsoever.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 03:45:28 PM »
It's not what was expected. When I heard it, it was like "Interesting! Like a returnee season without the returnees."

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 06:37:04 PM »
Agree.
I didn't like the idea when I first saw it, then it started to grow on me, but now I REALLY don't like the execution.
What makes everything feel super weird is how the castaways can't even choose which urn to break. If they did, I wouldn't have any issues with this twist whatsoever.

Exactly! Telling everybody to "reverse the curse" rings a bit hollow when so many opportunities to actually do that are stripped away by the format. "Reverse the curse. If we let you. But we didn't. Loser."