The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Gimmick Seasons

(1/5) > >>

nrh2110:
So I think the general consensus around RFF is that we prefer regular seasons to these "gimmick seasons". Of all the seasons since All Stars 2, we have only had one two "regular" seasons. From this, it doesn't look like CBS wants to have a regular season any time soon.

That being said, what gimmick seasons would you be interested in seeing? Which gimmicks would you like to bring back? Which gimmicks would you like to bring back with a new twist?

For me, two of them are seasons that aren't exactly "gimmick seasons" I guess but they can't be classified as "regular seasons". For one thing, I'd love to see a season where they bring back teams that were eliminated first and give them a second chance, although I do believe being eliminated first in this season would be absolutely embarrassing :funny:.

The other is what I hope they do with their final season. I hope they bring back the most memorable winners, such as Nat and Kat, Flo and Zach, BJ and Tyler, Amy and Maya, Connor and Dave, etc (whether you like these teams or not) to make it a super hardcore final season.

Marionete:
Correction: both 25 and 27 were 'normal' seasons.

nrh2110:

--- Quote from: Marionete on March 15, 2018, 01:06:05 AM ---Correction: both 25 and 27 were 'normal' seasons.

--- End quote ---

Gah how could I forget about 27! I think my disliking of that season made me forget  :funny:

violetb1911:

--- Quote from: Marionete on March 15, 2018, 01:06:05 AM ---Correction: both 25 and 27 were 'normal' seasons.

--- End quote ---
Isn't 30 a normal season too? I mean sure they described them as a competitive cast but there was no specific gimmick...

G.B.:
I too want to see a season comprised of first-eliminated teams, or even one that also includes second-eliminated teams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version