Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!  (Read 149419 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!
« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »
Just remember that the period of time between the first media reports of Cody and Jessica being on TAR 30 was at most a couple of weeks before filming began. And the announcement of a live start from NYC made a true guessing game out of the first leg location until the start line.

I still think that TMZ and some of the "reality tv" news sites are not sourcing or verifying their purported "information" well if at all. People have pointed out the various obvious mistakes in such reports which greatly decreases any possible credibility, and I say there's no credibility to them whatsoever.

Are any of these people taking social media sabbaticals? Have any of them hinting at being away for a while? So far there\s been no actual substantiation of any of it -- none!

As to locations, TAR goes out of its way to avoid having that information leak, especially before the teams go into sequester. As far as I can tell over these past 30 seasons, the planning takes safety very seriously and they're not wholly governed by State Department travel advisories; they use their own private firms to vet out location threats and safety.

Don't take the tabloid media at face value. People use them who have their own personal agendas in mind, and that alone is enough to warrant zero credibility in my book.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:44 PM »
Well, the only personal agenda that could be possibly explain the sudden interest in pre-Race TAR by Us Weekly and TMZ is someone connected to the show (WRP or CBS, whomever) wants to drum up interest and hype. Get people talking about TAR and maybe even BB itself.

And it's definitely more the Big Brother angle of it than these places suddenly being interested in TAR.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2018, 08:55:07 PM »
Wait, so do you believe the entire idea of a BB/Survivor season is false?
Because I don't think that's possible.

Agreed on other points though.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
Well, the only personal agenda that could be possibly explain the sudden interest in pre-Race TAR by Us Weekly and TMZ is someone connected to the show (WRP or CBS, whomever) wants to drum up interest and hype. Get people talking about TAR and maybe even BB itself.

And it's definitely more the Big Brother angle of it than these places suddenly being interested in TAR.

There's a lot of smoke. Is there a fire or a lot of mirrors?
-- theschnauzers

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2018, 09:06:02 PM »
I'm a couple of days behind in reading. Re: TNZ leaking hints about the upcoming race. Weren't 2 of their reporters participants on a prior race? Wouldn't they be privy to insider information?

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2018, 09:10:00 PM »

I don't think its false but I have seen rumors of the whole TAR 31 crossover idea being a cover for a BB20 all star season this summer.

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
Sorry, autocorrect "fixed" TMZ  :-[

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2018, 09:34:47 PM »

I don't think its false but I have seen rumors of the whole TAR 31 crossover idea being a cover for a BB20 all star season this summer.
Wouldn't call them rumours, speculation rather. Which is an idea, but would they really go that far?

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »
Oh my god that would make me so happy if this was all just a cover up. *prays to the TAR gods*

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2018, 10:56:41 PM »
It would honestly be more embarrassing for TAR if this was all just to hype up BB20.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:00:39 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2018, 11:23:31 PM »
Could the route now be LA-Fiji-Australia-Papua New Guinea?

This could mean we might have a Brisbane or Gold Coast leg this year! This part of Australia is BEATUIFUL!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #411 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »
**no wishlists please**
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:06:31 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #412 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »
Since these 'leaks' are planted, I think it's safe to assume they are not going anywhere near PNG  ...

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #413 on: May 30, 2018, 12:53:34 AM »
Everyone's excited about Fiji. what's so good in there? what if it's not visited by the teams?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #414 on: May 30, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
So, Phil's still on the road filming his NatGeo show.  Definitely no rest for him if he gets straight into TAR31 production soon after he wraps on "Explorer"

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #415 on: May 30, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
As May is going to end, filming would start within the first week of June and could be finished by the end of June or before July 1st.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »
So, Phil's still on the road filming his NatGeo show.  Definitely no rest for him if he gets straight into TAR31 production soon after he wraps on "Explorer"
As May is going to end, filming would start within the first week of June and could be finished by the end of June or before July 1st.
These are mutually inconsistent. Phil is a co-executive producer on TAR now, and normally participates in casting and route and task planning. I can't even imagine proceeding without Phil's input. Supposedly, the target date for starting filming was the third week of June. A start in the first week of June would necessarily require pre-race sequester momwntarily and I doubt Phil would be left out of this final stages of pre-production.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
Where did you hear 3rd week of June? ???

All route/task planning is long done. Casting is done unless they make last minute changes.

I would gird your loins folks!

'This show is coming soon...unless all these cast and location leaks cause a delay.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2018, 01:12:18 AM »
Where did you hear 3rd week of June? ???

All route/task planning is long done. Casting is done unless they make last minute changes.

I would gird your loins folks!

'This show is coming soon...unless all these cast and location leaks cause a delay.

IIRC an online article before or around the time of the upfronts in early May. But at the time I didn't post about it and I don't recall which industry media source I was reading.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #419 on: May 31, 2018, 01:27:05 AM »
What about if they film, around the same time period as TAR 29?

That's was what, second week in June to the first week in July?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2018, 02:36:22 AM »
IN MY OPINION ONLY...

Well, according to Dryedmangoez, Phil is still to finish filming with his NGC show and he will return to the US in first week of June and filming will be presumably started on the second week of June (around June 11-17), the most probable start date for filming would be June 15 and likely to end by July 8.

JUNE 2018 CALENDAR
  • First week (June 4-10)
  • Second week (June 11-17)
  • Third week (June 18-24)
  • Fourth week (June 25-July 1)

The predicted date may coincide with FIFA World Cup held in Russia between June 14-July 15. Russia seems unlikely for now to travel football (soccer) fans all around the world.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:13:54 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Tarbbfan1972

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2018, 03:41:15 AM »
First time post here. I caught up on all the other discussion and wanted to add the following.... obviously if Rachel and Caleb are participating it is "technically" former contestants from TAR and Survivor. I doubt there will be anyone else but BB contestants on this.

TMZ may be tabloid gossip but they have proven to be the most reliable source out there and I would believe them before even US Weekly or a reality blog. Plus, as someone mentioned above, two of TMZ's producers are former TAR contestants!

It is highly unlikely that Rachel AND Brendan would race together, since they have a baby at home and one would most likely want to be with her. Also, they seem to want to mix up things and having Rachel race with her sister makes things a bit more evenly matched with everyone else instead of having her race with someone who was also her previous race partner twice. To me it makes perfect sense to have Rachel race again. She may not like the race but she hasn't done much and probably needs the work. She makes better TV alone than Brendan does and they certainly wouldn't cast him without her.  Jeff and Jordan won't be available, as they also have a baby and Jeff has a full time gig on Daily Blast Live.

I did question timing on this. All signs seem to point to an all star BB season for this summer and they launch last week of June, with house guests entering the house around the 20th. If the rumored racers from BB are true, I shudder to think of the non all star types that we will be stuck with in the house.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2018, 03:56:44 AM »
I think Rachel does casting for different reality shows. She did MTV's Fear Factor reboot, for example. Anyway, she is certainly one of the more believable casting choices. And also one that makes sense as well. Even if it's just BB people, obviously as a BB winner and placing 3rd twice on TAR, Rachel & Brendon are a logical choice. But to mix things up, racing with Elissa makes even more sense.

That's why a Rachel & Elissa and a Caleb & Tai team would make perfect sense for a CBS reality show alum cast. Two "hybrid"/multi-show teams, then 3 teams from each TAR, BB and Survivor.

I think the TAR-Survivor-BB concept would be more palatable than an ALL-BB cast only. And in that case, even if BB20 is All-Stars, at most there would be maybe 3-5 BB teams on TAR31. That certainly leaves lots of options to fill a 16-20 houseguest BB20 cast even if the 5 teams are cast from those TMZ/Us Weekly lists.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #423 on: June 02, 2018, 01:08:25 AM »

:welcome: to RFF Tarbbfan1972! Always glad to welcome fans of reality TV who are familiar with the concept.

I am going to agree and disagree with you.  :d025:

TMZ may be tabloid gossip but they have proven to be the most reliable source out there and I would believe them before even US Weekly or a reality blog. Plus, as someone mentioned above, two of TMZ's producers are former TAR contestants!

TMZ has posted leaks from people who know "stuff" without regard to the harm it can do to the show, the contestants, or the security of the racers. It was a short time buzz win for them in exchange for harm to racers. Having former TAR racers (even if less than 1 leg) on the show should have meant that they knew better. I would not call that reliable.

Due at least partially to unwise leaks, at least two teams have now been eliminated, just days before sequester. More could follow.

I doubt there will be anyone else but BB contestants on this
I believe you will find differently.

Rachel and her sister would make a fun team that fit the concept well. Rachel has a fulltime job however, in addition to being a wonderful Mom, so don't assume she needs the work!

All signs seem to point to an all star BB season

This Grodner article says All New Cast...not AllStars:
http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/big-brother-season-20-spoilers-cast-allison-grodner-cbs-news/

In any case seems like this show could be a fun watch, depending on the final cast. To many viewers many of these teams will be new. Hopefully we will enjoy seeing the TAR newbies not limited to a backyard or an island...but having the whole world at their feet! Mixed with some former TAR teams who know the drill could be exciting. Guess we will see!

Hope you can join us for the adventure ahead!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2018, 02:40:34 AM »
Isn't there some controversy with Survivor contestants from the next season breaking the NDA or something like that by posting pics of themselves on social media together?

Will we be able to find out more about the leaks and stuff once TAR31 has wrapped production or even finished airing?  :d025: :cmas22