Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!  (Read 149394 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Re: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »
There's something fishy going on with The Amazing Race... I believe they wanted to cast the Big Brother so that they can lose viewers' ratings and they insisted on doing that? maybe that is. or maybe not. To me, I loved The Amazing Race and been a fan of the show for almost 8 years. Now there's this Big Brother on cast and I hated it already, I wanted regular people on the show. Hope that Big Brother theme is just fake news... and Rachel Reilly gets another three-peaters on the show mean she'll be a crybaby again... sheeessh...

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #376 on: May 19, 2018, 12:29:56 AM »
Honestly, the Us Weekly list is a very safe list. It could easily be 10x worse. I was expecting it to be 10x worse.
But the seeming criteria used for that alleged BB shortlist, the Survivor representatives will most likely be people like Rupert, Sandra and then a few Blood vs Water teams for the easy relationship connections.

This whole thing is still desperate, but I'm warming up to the idea if these BB teams are the ones they'll be choosing from.

I mean, what type of BB team would people be more okay with? (Since we're here, it's happening, no going back now.)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »
I'm not paying any attention to the rumors about who's going to be on the show. Why? Because they are RUMORS. Many of them planted by people with an agenda. Right now if you believe the rumors, we're going to have about 40 teams. I'll find out when the cast is revealed. It's much easier on my blood pressure. Some of the rumors will be right, most won't be.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #378 on: May 20, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
CAN WE HAVE A SANDRA AND CIRIE TEAM AT LEAST? AND WITH THE ENTIRE RACE FILLED WITH ADVANTAGES FOR THEM <333333333

PS: sorry this is not a wish list thread but can't help with all these nonsense talk cause this rumour so far's just totally lol

Oh my gosh that would be the BEST TEAM ever! They would be a delight to watch but actually running might be an issue...esp with no notice to get fit.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #379 on: May 26, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »
I like James, but not Corey. He's soooooooo boring omg.

Let's bring people from old seasons please, not just those from the lates ones!
Agree Corey was boring...on Big Brother.  TAR will be a different element. 

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »
CAN WE HAVE A SANDRA AND CIRIE TEAM AT LEAST? AND WITH THE ENTIRE RACE FILLED WITH ADVANTAGES FOR THEM <333333333

PS: sorry this is not a wish list thread but can't help with all these nonsense talk cause this rumour so far's just totally lol

Oh my gosh that would be the BEST TEAM ever! They would be a delight to watch but actually running might be an issue...esp with no notice to get fit.

Best team ever :2hearts:
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2018, 02:41:03 PM »
I'm not paying any attention to the rumors about who's going to be on the show. Why? Because they are RUMORS. Many of them planted by people with an agenda. Right now if you believe the rumors, we're going to have about 40 teams. I'll find out when the cast is revealed. It's much easier on my blood pressure. Some of the rumors will be right, most won't be.

Yup.  It's frankly silly that peeps are actually believing that there is any chance that people like Corey and Bridgette have ANY chance at all of being part of anything and not just names pulled out of thin air to match up with Davonne and James since they each needed a partner for these planted rumours.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2018, 05:28:04 PM »
Didn’t one of the articles say that filming would begin end of May? Any news of people leaving? Sightings?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
Didn’t one of the articles say that filming would begin end of May? Any news of people leaving? Sightings?

This is not the season to believe everything you read.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2018, 06:09:17 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/28/the-amazing-race-josh-martinez-paul-abrahamian-big-brother-rivals/

TMZ is saying that Paul and Josh will be on TAR31. The article has a few mistakes. It says that Paul and Josh were rivals but then became friends after BB19. Thats not true. They were close the whole game.

The article again says "The 'Race' starts at the end of the month in New Guinea"

It really would be a shocking development if the first Leg is in Papua New Guinea. (or maybe the Starting Line is actually in Papua New Guinea  :lol:)
It's just so inconvenient and against the norm of the route always being budget-friendly. Though it wouldn't be surprising if Moonves threw more money at this season if only for the BB connection.

A more reasonable route would be SFO/LAX > Fiji > Papua New Guinea > Brisbane/Sydney/Manila/Tokyo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:13:02 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2018, 06:29:57 AM »
I don't think they would start in Papua New Guinea.

They could go there for the first leg, but starting is not going to happen...

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2018, 06:42:25 AM »

They didn't say that it was going to be starting line nor being the first destination.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2018, 06:51:52 AM »

They didn't say that it was going to be starting line nor being the first destination.

Actually they did:
The 'Race' starts at the end of the month in New Guinea.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2018, 07:53:55 AM »

Even the problem in Papua New Guinea that its only international airport (Jacksons International Airport) in Port Moresby that serves flights from/to Australia with limited schedule time basis that the flights made a stop from Sydney or Brisbane.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2018, 10:32:01 AM »
About Papua New Guinea, I had an wishlist few years ago about route of all new countries route, Papua included, just backwards.

It would be really amazing tho, whole lot of countries have still never been visited.

Wishlist here: (*some contries were visited after I wrote wishlist in 2014)
Show content
I'd like TAR (US) to visit complete new locations, so it can look like this:

Leg 1: USA->Antigua and Barbuda
Leg 2: Antigua and Barbuda->Barbados
Leg 3: Barbados->Belarus
Leg 4: Belarus->Serbia
Leg 5: Serbia (whole leg)
Leg 6: Serbia->Montenegro
Leg 7: Montenegro->Monaco
Leg 8: Monaco->Qatar
Leg 9: Qatar->Nepal
Leg 10: Nepal->Myanmar
Leg 11: Myanmar->Papua New Guinea
Leg 12: Papua New Guinea->USA

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
Of all the types of pre-race spoilers, I would find destination spoilers the least reliable. And certainly, prospective racers would not be privy to such information.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2018, 10:55:16 AM »
Of all the types of pre-race spoilers, I would find destination spoilers the least reliable. And certainly, prospective racers would not be privy to such information.

I thought I heard once that racers do get a list of potential countries, for Visa reasons.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:43 AM »

I thought I heard once that racers do get a list of potential countries, for Visa reasons.

They also get some visas for countries they do not intend to visit. This keeps the teams guessing on where they are actually going.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »
About Papua New Guinea, I had an wishlist few years ago about route of all new countries route, Papua included, just backwards.

It would be really amazing tho, whole lot of countries have still never been visited.

Wishlist here: (*some contries were visited after I wrote wishlist in 2014)
Show content
I'd like TAR (US) to visit complete new locations, so it can look like this:

Leg 1: USA->Antigua and Barbuda
Leg 2: Antigua and Barbuda->Barbados
Leg 3: Barbados->Belarus
Leg 4: Belarus->Serbia
Leg 5: Serbia (whole leg)
Leg 6: Serbia->Montenegro
Leg 7: Montenegro->Monaco
Leg 8: Monaco->Qatar
Leg 9: Qatar->Nepal
Leg 10: Nepal->Myanmar
Leg 11: Myanmar->Papua New Guinea
Leg 12: Papua New Guinea->USA
Amazing for a different season, yes.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
People who spoke about bad production decisions previously were shunned "because it was wrong not to be 100% supportive of the show", were fearful that this might happen one day. It's why fans should be critical of casting BB teams in years past. Tough love is needed at times.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
Indeed. Blind loyalty is never a good thing.

About all these "spoilers," it is very interesting to speculate about. Someone at TAR or CBS must be leaking this information to TMZ. TMZ is a "tabloid," but they aren't pulling this out of thin air. And they wouldn't be so interested about TAR (let's be honest) otherwise.

So none of it can be true. Them insisting Papua New Guinea is kinda funny because us as TAR fans might agree that it's pretty improbable for a first Leg destination. (Even more if the first Leg is two countries, Papua New Guinea and Australia together, for example.) Then again, TAR31 isn't shaping up to be a "normal" season now is it? So who knows?  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2018, 02:28:37 PM »
I think CBS and TAR need to do some housecleaning. These kinds of leaks are unacceptable. Odd that we only have them now that BB is involved? As a spoiler board, even we would not put our TAR teams at risk in this way. TMZ is putting publicity over safety by advertising a future location....NOT a good move.

PNG could be feasible...if you want to fly from LAX or SFO and have a loooong flight, then a 4+ hour layover in Sydney or Brisbane...and then a leg.

Would make MUCH more sense to have a leg in AUS then PNG.

BUT given the leakage...if they WERE planning it, I would not be surprised if they were now forced to change it. TAR never likes to advertise their route...for safety and security. And if they were doing it, and have to change it because of TMZ...I would be pretty furious. It is a location many of us have wished for for years.

As a Level 2 watch, it is def doable...but care must be taken. So am sure that they had carefully planned a secure leg.

Taken from the State Dept page: (bolding mine)

Crime: Papua New Guinea has a high crime rate. U.S. citizens have been victims of violent crime, including gang-rape, carjacking, home invasions, kidnappings, and armed robberies. Crime rates are highest in and around major cities such as Port Moresby, Lae, Madang, Mount Hagen, and Goroka, but crimes can occur anywhere. You are at a greater risk of violent crimes such as robbery or sexual assault if you travel alone, especially if you plan to hike in isolated rural areas. Pickpockets and opportunistic bag-snatchers frequent crowded public areas, including parks, golf courses, beaches, and cemeteries. Bag-snatchers may try to open doors of automobiles that are stopped or moving slowly in traffic. Please see our page on Personal Safety.

Organized tours booked through travel agencies remain the safest means to visit Papua New Guinea, although on rare occasions, even persons participating in organized tours have been subject to violent robbery, assault, or serious injury. Excursions to local shops, restaurants, and tourist sights should be done in groups.

Avoid using local taxis or buses, known as Public Motor Vehicles (PMVs). Rely on your sponsor or hotel to arrange for hotel transportation or a rental car.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
How much of a possibility that maybe TARUS is shifting a little on their policy of secrecy when it comes to route. Maybe seeing TAR Asia and China not really have problems with revealing their entire route pre-Race makes them more comfortable doing so.

There was once a time public Starting Lines and announcing the full cast before the Race was unheard of. Maybe they think stuff like this (leaks, hype) will boost interest and ratings.  :duno:

At the same time though, we saw what happened with TAR30. *ahem* TARA and TARCh fans may respect the Race and not put the teams in danger or actively try to help/hurt certain teams. But BB American/TARUS fans?  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
I don't think this leak is coming from WRP by any means. Pretty sure they are NOT happy.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2018, 05:42:22 PM »
I think CBS and TAR need to do some housecleaning. These kinds of leaks are unacceptable. Odd that we only have them now that BB is involved? As a spoiler board, even we would not put our TAR teams at risk in this way. TMZ is putting publicity over safety by advertising a future location....NOT a good move.

PNG could be feasible...if you want to fly from LAX or SFO and have a loooong flight, then a 4+ hour layover in Sydney or Brisbane...and then a leg.

Would make MUCH more sense to have a leg in AUS then PNG.

BUT given the leakage...if they WERE planning it, I would not be surprised if they were now forced to change it. TAR never likes to advertise their route...for safety and security. And if they were doing it, and have to change it because of TMZ...I would be pretty furious. It is a location many of us have wished for for years.

As a Level 2 watch, it is def doable...but care must be taken. So am sure that they had carefully planned a secure leg.

Taken from the State Dept page: (bolding mine)

Crime: Papua New Guinea has a high crime rate. U.S. citizens have been victims of violent crime, including gang-rape, carjacking, home invasions, kidnappings, and armed robberies. Crime rates are highest in and around major cities such as Port Moresby, Lae, Madang, Mount Hagen, and Goroka, but crimes can occur anywhere. You are at a greater risk of violent crimes such as robbery or sexual assault if you travel alone, especially if you plan to hike in isolated rural areas. Pickpockets and opportunistic bag-snatchers frequent crowded public areas, including parks, golf courses, beaches, and cemeteries. Bag-snatchers may try to open doors of automobiles that are stopped or moving slowly in traffic. Please see our page on Personal Safety.

Organized tours booked through travel agencies remain the safest means to visit Papua New Guinea, although on rare occasions, even persons participating in organized tours have been subject to violent robbery, assault, or serious injury. Excursions to local shops, restaurants, and tourist sights should be done in groups.

Avoid using local taxis or buses, known as Public Motor Vehicles (PMVs). Rely on your sponsor or hotel to arrange for hotel transportation or a rental car.

I would love Australia for the first leg and the race could have Papua New Guinea for the second leg as planned. Watch for the safety to travelers that is huge risk for crime rate to avoid with gangs or kidnappers.

As for Australia, it seems a safe normal travel to racers as it is on level 1 and could be 1000 percent sure.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:51:41 PM by claude_24hrs »