Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!  (Read 150134 times)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Re: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2018, 12:11:35 AM »
:groan:

Why do they think this is a good idea, it's not. Cody and Jessica did not cause the success of TAR 30, the time slot did. There are many people out there that want to race, but they never will. I hate all this gimmicky crap they've done. The only good one recently was the strangers one, because it cast ordinary people that do everyday things. I just hope this is not true, because the race will die off. This actually makes me dislike Cody and Jessica even more. At least Rob and Amber did not tell the TAR producers that they need to do a Survivor season.

You think Jessica and Cody told the producers to do a BB season and they listened?  :idgit

What I mean is that Cody and Jessica inspired this season to be made.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2018, 12:19:30 AM »

Why do they think this is a good idea, it's not. Cody and Jessica did not cause the success of TAR 30, the time slot did. There are many people out there that want to race, but they never will. I hate all this gimmicky crap they've done. The only good one recently was the strangers one, because it cast ordinary people that do everyday things. I just hope this is not true, because the race will die off. This actually makes me dislike Cody and Jessica even more. At least Rob and Amber did not tell the TAR producers that they need to do a Survivor season.

You think Jessica and Cody told the producers to do a BB season and they listened?  :idgit

You insinuated they told producers to do a BB season by saying that at least Rob and Amber didn't do that.

I wonder if this a Les Moonves thing? James and Rachel from BB were brought back on seasons because he loved them and wanted more of them on tv. I wonder if he's behind this and it's out of the producers hands?

But with BB players moving over to MTV with some success, it seems they may be trying to keep them on CBS?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2018, 12:25:26 AM »

You insinuated they told producers to do a BB season by saying that at least Rob and Amber didn't do that.

I wonder if this a Les Moonves thing? James and Rachel from BB were brought back on seasons because he loved them and wanted more of them on tv. I wonder if he's behind this and it's out of the producers hands?

But with BB players moving over to MTV with some success, it seems they may be trying to keep them on CBS?

I see what you mean, what I meant was right after Rob and Amber went to TAR, the producers did not want to make a Survivor season, they wanted to keep the show fresh.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2018, 01:46:17 AM »
This thread in the past two days, basically:

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2018, 06:46:03 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/06/amazing-race-winners-cody-nickson-jessica-graf-big-brother-evel-dick/

Jess and Cody were on TMZ about TAR:BB. Cody says he wants a new cast

Gra1162

« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2018, 07:05:17 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/06/amazing-race-winners-cody-nickson-jessica-graf-big-brother-evel-dick/

Good  :tup: if its all BB i will totally freak i am okay with surviour but BB  :d025:

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2018, 08:06:39 AM »

That’s always been his stance, which is why he tried to get Paul out week one of bb.  No returning players.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2018, 08:07:03 AM »

I see what you mean, what I meant was right after Rob and Amber went to TAR, the producers did not want to make a Survivor season, they wanted to keep the show fresh.
Funny you say that seeing how the first season after Romber was Family Edition.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2018, 10:31:40 AM »
And family edtion bombed, so they went back to the original format.
Now if this season suceeds, we're probably looking at even more gimmicks down the line. But we've been getting them since 26....

This thread in the past two days, basically:

https://i.imgur.com/bLygB3M.gif
Very accurate. :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »
At first I read an all BB cast and I was like SERIOUS? RIP TAR.

Then if it's a TAR VS SURVIVOR VS BB?

HAHAHAHA I AM THE MINORITY WHO LIKES THE IDEA. WHOOOOOHOOOOOO.

I hope they throw in some Immunity Idol and HoH challenges too!

And then we complicate the race and it becomes THE BIG AMAZING SURVIVOR BROTHER RACE.

AND THEN VIEWERS GET CONFUSED BY THE NEW RACE FORMAT AND THEY DON'T WANT THE AMAZING RACE ANYMORE.

AND THIS SHOW GETS CANCELLED. WOW WOWOWOWOWOW.

YAY.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
I laughed at the Sponge Bob video. Wow emotions run high, I love TAR. I will watch it.
Had to laugh at Jobby's immunity thing I guess from Survivor.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2018, 01:05:44 PM »
This BETER have a BLOODY good route...

I hope we're not wasting a good route on this cast because they do not deserve it.
Agreed!

This idea was made for producers by producers. Unforgivable. Clearly they did not get the memo that this is not what the public and loyal TAR Fans want. Never in my wildest dreams I would think this idea.

I'm gonna say it again. THE AMAZING RACE: DESPERATE FOR VIEWERS EDITION

Bertram and Elise definitely, but Mr. Julie Chen has also had a big hand in the show as well. Bertram and Elise have even mentioned it in several interviews how Moonves suggests something and they basically say YES! at everything. Though I would hope Bertram and Elise push back at least a little at horrible ideas Moonves comes up with.

And once again, Cody & Jessica are not the sole reason TAR30 did much better than recent seasons. That is unless the at least 2 million viewers who tuned in for 30 over 29 are all Cody & Jessica/BB fans who are ALL Neilsen families. Every single one.

And no, that is not possible at all. So if Moonves and others at CBS think they are the main reason, there is no wonder why the rest of their primetime schedule has declined faster than NBC and ABC in the last year.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »
Mangoez has a point. Julie's husband is none other than the big boss of CBS, which probably gives her some more pull at the network than other hosts.

Because as the saying goes, "happy wife, happy life"

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »
But do you not see that the loyal TAR fans aren't enough to keep the show going? They are trying to do things to bring more viewers to the show. I heard a podcast today where someone said if it's Survivor/TAR/BB cast, they would watch next season and they hadn't watched in years. This can bring people back. Last season, J/C brought people back to watch who hadn't for a while.

While it's not ideal, at least we are getting former TAR teams. And another season.
The ratio of lost loyal fans to new fans is not equal though. And even if it was, then there would be no increase in viewers if loyal TAR fans leave and the same number of other show fans come with no guarantee they stay past this season. The social media season proved that.

We all laugh and are annoyed by the very vocal fans on Facebook who complain. We call them casual fans, but maybe we gotta start thinking of them as loyal fans. They're engaged enough as TAR fans (not fans of BB or Survivor or CBS) to want to comment on Facebook and Twitter. And they are often the loudest in wanting to see regular people race, not celebrities or alums of other reality shows.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »
Why does CBS even have a casting website for The Amazing Race? They never use it anymore

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheGameSurvivor/status/993221988213719042

The guy who broke the crossover season is saying James from BB17/18 is on TAR31. Remember: RUMORS

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2018, 04:46:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheGameSurvivor/status/993221988213719042

The guy who broke the crossover season is saying James from BB17/18 is on TAR31. Remember: RUMORS

Jeez, out of all people. I'm not even totally against the idea of the 3 show crossover (I'd rather normals than the 3 show crossover, but it should be somewhat intriguing nonetheless), but James was sooooo boring on Big Brother. He only got on the show because he's an Asian with a southern accent and CBS found that pretty unique, but other than that, there was literally nothing exciting about his game. Really hoping this rumor is false.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2018, 04:50:54 PM »
James is horrible and boring and immature, but Les Moonves loves him. I'm disappointed, but not surprised he's on if this is true.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2018, 05:34:01 PM »
I have honestly not watched a season of BB since the "racist" season, so other than Jocasta and her memes/gifs, James and Jackie & Jeff, I don't really know anyone from recent BB. Even farther back for Survivor. So technically the teams they'll likely pick for this are people I've never heard of.

That doesn't mean I like the idea. If CBS really wanted to do a crossover, Survivor would've been the best show for it. Actual teams of Survivor, TAR and BB alums fighting for their pride of the home show.

Which now makes me think of the most horrible thought. The possibility of "alliances" on TAR now multiplies x100 as we get teams from shows that actually need alliances.  :barf

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
I thought for sure they were going to pick Alex and Jason or Paul from BB19. Obviously, they still could/could've, but I'm hoping they don't. Alex/Jason wouldn't be a terrible thing because they were good at comps, but eh. I suppose Mark and Elena from BB19 is a possibility, especially because they said they want to go on the show. I also think Victor and Nicole (BB18 + BB16/18) could be a strong possibility if they're still dating, especially because of the rumor that at least 1 big brother winner would be included and Nicole won BB18. Can't really think of any other duos from recent seasons that CBS would take from BB though.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »
If there's a FF team from BB, I bet it'll be Vanessa & Tiffany.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
If there's a FF team from BB, I bet it'll be Vanessa & Tiffany.

That actually would make a ton of sense.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »
Oh geez, I guess we're in for a long one ahead. Enough with the crossovers! We just had two in the past five seasons. If we have TAR three-peaters again (and dare I say four-peaters), I might lose it unless they are teams from the original all-stars season or further back.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
Come on guys.!!!
WHO cares who plays??
Im just so freaking happy we’re back.!!  :cheer:
It is still the game with love, with a route, 12 legs (probably), challenges and one lucky team winning 1 million dollars.
The show is STILL on, let’s celebrate that, embrace whoever races it, and hope for the best for the future of The Amazing Race with this new idea.
Can’t wait to track them!

WHO’s WITH ME?   :-[
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2018, 07:49:42 PM »
Come on guys.!!!
WHO cares who plays??
Im just so freaking happy we’re back.!!  :cheer:
It is still the game with love, with a route, 12 legs (probably), challenges and one lucky team winning 1 million dollars.
The show is STILL on, let’s celebrate that, embrace whoever races it, and hope for the best for the future of The Amazing Race with this new idea.
Can’t wait to track them!

WHO’s WITH ME?   :-[

I definitely agree that we should just be happy that the race is back, but a good cast still would be nice. If the cast is too boring, casuals won't tune in and that won't bode well for the show.