Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!  (Read 149368 times)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
I might be more open to the idea if we were guaranteed a 2 season renewal. If we only get one season in the 2018-19 window, like the last 2 years, then this disaster is very unfortunate. If this crossover season airs in the fall and we get a regular season in the spring, I could be more open to it.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
I might be more open to the idea if we were guaranteed a 2 season renewal. If we only get one season in the 2018-19 window, like the last 2 years, then this disaster is very unfortunate. If this crossover season airs in the fall and we get a regular season in the spring, I could be more open to it.

Exactly. If they do 1 season as a cast twist and another season with regular people it kinda works. If they keep doing the midseason thing with gimmick twists its not

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »

Redmond's good at spoiling Survivor casts and themes.  He doesn't spoil BB or TAR.  IMHO his post does NOT make it a 'done deal'.

His post did not say that zuzu. MINE did.

What confused me is that you went from "I would HIGHLY suggest not believing everything you read"  to "4-4-4" with a Redmond link  to a "done deal".

Highly suggest was for the Missyae and TMZ posts saying 31 was all BB season. Then realityblurred getting closer with BB and TAR but still not right.

Then Redmond added Survivor players into the mix.

That's when I posted it as a 4-4-4 cast.

Sorry, people posting incorrect info made for a confusing day for everyone!  No worries.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2018, 04:36:03 PM »
I'm much more okay with this idea now that it's all 3 shows, though the TAR people definitely have an advantage.

I'm sure we will see Jen and Kristi again as one of the teams. I'm hoping for a Wendall and Domenic Survivor team, but sadly feel we will get some young team like with Michael and Seabastian.

All the people touting that there was no way this was true are cracking me up.  :funny:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »
I'm much more okay with this idea now that it's all 3 shows, though the TAR people definitely have an advantage.

I'm sure we will see Jen and Kristi again as one of the teams. I'm hoping for a Wendall and Domenic Survivor team, but sadly feel we will get some young team like with Michael and Seabastian.

All the people touting that there was no way this was true are cracking me up.  :funny:

Domenic and Chris would be a great team tbh or Laura/Ciera
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »
What about Kym & Alli? I hope they're also part of the new season...

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2018, 05:16:10 PM »
If Rob & Amber return  :lol:

Kym & Alli would be nice

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »
You know what? We just need to accept it and let it happen. If it can bring good ratings, then we could have another normal season.

Or this could kill it for good, tbh. And who's to say they won't keep doing dumb gimmicks like this if it actually rates well instead of going "normal"

I agree about not wasting a team like Brooke & Claire on this.

Also, they have to get Brenchel, guaranteed. Because otherwise what's the point. Even getting Natalie & Nadiya back as well. Getting actual TAR All-Stars who are also legit all stars from their other shows too.

The Amazing Race: Desperate for Viewers Edition.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
The hate on facebook is gonna reach a new level. :groan:

I am hearing "regular" season--whatever that means these days!

:conf: :conf: :conf:
Oh well.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2018, 06:19:25 PM »
The hate on facebook is gonna reach a new level. groan:
Good! They should hear it loud and clear. It would be well deserved.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »
The bad thing is, people just hate on everything.
Not even just with TAR, not even just with reality TV.

And most producers just put it down to "people are afraid of change", which is correct in some cases, but oftentimes it's actually not that.

With this season, I guess the best way to put it is that I am afraid. I don't want the race to die, and I fear losing a lot of regulars, so even though I actually don't mind the idea that much (I think it will be entertaining), I just KNOW that it will not be well received.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2018, 06:41:02 PM »
Blind dates and strangers are a "change". A full cast of reality show crossovers are a desperate gimmick and just slaps TAR in the face by saying, you are #3 behind survivor and bb

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2018, 08:00:44 PM »
My biggest problem with this is it makes the producers sound arrogant enough to see what the general public likes and doesn't like and then go ahead and do something as unpopular as this just because they can. To me it is a bit of a way to try and kill the show, and even I as a long time fan might have to draw the line at this. It's no longer the show I love at this point, it's just a parody of itself.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2018, 08:19:44 PM »
This BETER have a BLOODY good route...

I'm still so angry over this theme...  :furious:

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2018, 08:31:34 PM »
You know what? We just need to accept it and let it happen. If it can bring good ratings, then we could have another normal season.
Haha no. If this gets good ratings, it’ll give them more incentive to do more gimmick seasons that’ll pull in more viewers. And that’s a damn shame. There are plenty of people who would watch a normal TAR season because they love the race, but instead they’re focusing on casting people who are semi-famous and/or been on some other CBS shows instead of regular everyday people like you and me. And it’s frustrating because I recently turned 21, I’m old enough to race, and I never will because they’ll choose gimmicky people instead of me. Just go back to normal seasons guys, it’s what most fans want.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2018, 08:32:29 PM »
I hate to say this, but I might not watch 31

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2018, 09:15:56 PM »

I disagree. I hope we're not wasting a good route on this cast because they do not deserve it.

Throw them into a bunch of third world countries and watch these so called stars meltdown and suffer.

I'm just prepping myself that this upcoming season may reach 24 levels of trash :2hearts:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »

I disagree. I hope we're not wasting a good route on this cast because they do not deserve it.

Throw them into a bunch of third world countries and watch these so called stars meltdown and suffer.

I'm just prepping myself that this upcoming season may reach 24 levels of trash :2hearts:

I am just saying, that hopefully the route makes up for these STUPID people in production!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2018, 10:28:21 PM »
The hate on facebook is gonna reach a new level. :groan:

I am hearing "regular" season--whatever that means these days!

:conf: :conf: :conf:
Oh well.

Yes. In March that was true. Then came April...and all hell broke loose.

And gosh do I ever agree with you all!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2018, 11:17:11 PM »
This idea was made for producers by producers. Unforgivable. Clearly they did not get the memo that this is not what the public and loyal TAR Fans want. Never in my wildest dreams I would think this idea.

I'm gonna say it again. THE AMAZING RACE: DESPERATE FOR VIEWERS EDITION
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:20:21 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2018, 11:28:04 PM »
 :groan:

Why do they think this is a good idea, it's not. Cody and Jessica did not cause the success of TAR 30, the time slot did. There are many people out there that want to race, but they never will. I hate all this gimmicky crap they've done. The only good one recently was the strangers one, because it cast ordinary people that do everyday things. I just hope this is not true, because the race will die off. This actually makes me dislike Cody and Jessica even more. At least Rob and Amber did not tell the TAR producers that they need to do a Survivor season.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2018, 11:34:47 PM »
The Amazing Race had a good run. 31 seasons is quite impressive.
RIP TAR
2001-2018

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »
:groan:

Why do they think this is a good idea, it's not. Cody and Jessica did not cause the success of TAR 30, the time slot did. There are many people out there that want to race, but they never will. I hate all this gimmicky crap they've done. The only good one recently was the strangers one, because it cast ordinary people that do everyday things. I just hope this is not true, because the race will die off. This actually makes me dislike Cody and Jessica even more. At least Rob and Amber did not tell the TAR producers that they need to do a Survivor season.

You think Jessica and Cody told the producers to do a BB season and they listened?  :idgit

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2018, 11:38:51 PM »
This idea was made for producers by producers. Unforgivable. Clearly they did not get the memo that this is not what the public and loyal TAR Fans want. Never in my wildest dreams I would think this idea.

I'm gonna say it again. THE AMAZING RACE: DESPERATE FOR VIEWERS EDITION

But do you not see that the loyal TAR fans aren't enough to keep the show going? They are trying to do things to bring more viewers to the show. I heard a podcast today where someone said if it's Survivor/TAR/BB cast, they would watch next season and they hadn't watched in years. This can bring people back. Last season, J/C brought people back to watch who hadn't for a while.

While it's not ideal, at least we are getting former TAR teams. And another season.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2018, 11:39:58 PM »
I am saying this for once again for TAR producers and/or CBS.

NEVER TRUST that Jody caused TAR 30 to become successful. Just trust that better time slot did it.

Also, can we move TAR into other TV networks aka ABC or something?

31 seasons. If it were any other TV series running from 2001 to present, it would have between 15-16 seasons right now, since TAR runs like that because it's impossible to air 12 episodes from September to May. Or 24 episodes, it would be too much.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies