Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!  (Read 150079 times)

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2018, 05:16:45 PM »
This is total spec but the Amazing Race Facebook page just posted a throwback to Brooke and Claire’s watermelon incident. If the rumors about BB vs TAR are true, could Brooke and Claire possibly be racing again???

I wouldn't be surprised. TAR usually doesn't post a lot about past seasons. They do, but barely.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheGameSurvivor/status/992189783144390656

Is this real?

i would be so MAD if this is true. I don't want to see another gimmick season or racer from other reality shows. Enough is Enough  :dick
Producers should listen to all TAR loyal fans
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:41:26 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2018, 06:23:17 PM »
Another rumor:
https://twitter.com/RedmondSurvivor/status/992538338618994688

The person who runs Inside Survivor which reveals Survivor twists/spoilers, is saying that "Let's just say Survivor isn't missing out on this party"

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2018, 06:29:16 PM »
OMG, WHAT have I woken up to!  :groan:

What is wrong with just going back to 'old-school' TAR, when you have NORMAL casts and NORMAL race structure.

I have NEVER watched an episode of BB and I don't watch American Survivor. I will not know whom the BB racers are.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WATCH A BB SEASON TO UNDERSTAND CONTESTANTS OF TAR!

Why fix something that isn't broken...

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »
I would be ok with TAR vs BB vs Survivor season, tbh. Would that mean 12 teams again? I hope so...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »

What is wrong with just going back to 'old-school' TAR, when you have NORMAL casts and NORMAL race structure.

I have NEVER watched an episode of BB and I don't watch American Survivor. I will not know whom the BB racers are.

Your logic is very weird.
You're asking for random people, but you're mad that you won't recognise BB contestants. ??? They'll just be randoms to you then.

I personally don't mind it that much, but I'm seriously concerned it's gonna kill the show.

Aaaand if Redmond's tweeting about it, I'm not questioning the rumours anymore...

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »
They could do 22 individuals from BB, TAR and Survivor and do the strangers twist. It would make up 11 teams.

I would be ok with TAR vs BB vs Survivor season, tbh. Would that mean 12 teams again? I hope so...
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2018, 07:09:39 PM »
PLEASE, JUST A REGULAR SEASON, WE NEED A BREAK.

I wonder if we can complain via email to them.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
Another rumor:
https://twitter.com/RedmondSurvivor/status/992538338618994688

The person who runs Inside Survivor which reveals Survivor twists/spoilers, is saying that "Let's just say Survivor isn't missing out on this party"

My mind so jumped to 2 former BB contestants that also played Survivor... wonder if they will now be on the 3rd show for the trifecta.

(Hayden, winner of BB 12, contestant on Survivor 27: Blood Vs Water finishing in 7th place)
(Caleb aka Beast-Mode Cowboy, from BB 16 finishing in 4th place and contestant on Survivor 32: Kaoh Rong pulled from game for exhaustion finishing in 15th, and Survivor 34: Game Changers finishing in 18th)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »

Didn't we JUST have Cody & Jessica and Keith & Whitney on a while ago? :groan:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2018, 07:48:29 PM »
Aside from Jody and Keithney, I am afraid Brenchel will be there too. Considering with the new gimmick, I bet maybe 6 TAR cast, 3 BB cast, and 2 Survivor cast?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2018, 07:55:47 PM »
I fear the CBS exes saw the higher ratings from last season and assume it was purely Jody who caused the success, as apposed to the better timeslot

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2018, 07:56:17 PM »
I like fossil-racer's idea about the strangers twist a lot, actually.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
I would HIGHLY suggest not believing everything you read.

Agreed.  Look at the reveals, all in a few hours.

1.  TMZ says it is ALL BB teams !

2.  RealityBlurred then says no, it's a mix of BB teams and TAR returnee teams !!

3.  Redmond then says no, it's a mix of BB teams, TAR returnee teams, and Survivor teams !!!

Why would TMZ's source not know about the TAR returnees and the Survivor teams ??
Why would RealityBlurred's source not know about the Survivor teams ??

Here's why, IMHO.  RealBlur credited TMZ for the BB teams before adding the TAR returnees.  Redmond credited TMZ for the BB teams and RealBlur for the TAR returnees before adding the Survivor teams.  So what? you may ask.

Here's what I think happened.  TMZ reported on the BB teams from sources (or rumours).  RB read what TMZ reported and thought, Hey, I've heard sources (or rumours) that TAR returnees were contacted too, so that's what he reported.  Redmond read what the first two guys reported and thought, Hey, I've heard sources (or rumours) that Survivor duos were contacted too, so that's what he reported.

So we have TMZ 'spoiling' BB teams, RB 'spoiling' TAR returnees and Redmond 'spoiling' Survivor duos.  So who's right ?

I would say each are right that BB players and TAR players and Survivor players have been called.  But just called.  It happens before every season of BB, it happens before every season of TAR, it happens before every season of Survivor - calls are made.  Lots and lots and lots of calls.  Checking interest, checking availability.  The vast majority of these seasonal calls amount to SQUAT.  TAR cast Romber because they were popular and relevant at that point in time.  Same for Brenchel.  And Jordeff.  And Jody.  Dani/Dom were probably called.  Dan/Memphis were probably called.  Derrick/Cody were probably called.  Other duos too.  And they were NOT cast, for whatever reasons.

Only one of TMZ or RB or Redmond could be right.  But the fact that their 'spoilers' do not match up fully leads me to believe it's all much ado about nothing.  I am still expecting a newbie season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
If it's TAR v BB v Survivor, then I wonder if they will visited countries where Survivor has been filmed... ???

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2018, 08:27:30 PM »
If it's TAR v BB v Survivor, then I wonder if they will visited countries where Survivor has been filmed... ???

Maybe that'd mean finally getting Fiji as a TAR country :lol:

Survivor's spent like the last 5 seasons there.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
I fear the CBS exes saw the higher ratings from last season and assume it was purely Jody who caused the success, as apposed to the better timeslot
Then CBS execs are actually dumber than I thought.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2018, 08:31:19 PM »
I would HIGHLY suggest not believing everything you read.

Agreed.  Look at the reveals, all in a few hours.

1.  TMZ says it is ALL BB teams !

2.  RealityBlurred then says no, it's a mix of BB teams and TAR returnee teams !!

3.  Redmond then says no, it's a mix of BB teams, TAR returnee teams, and Survivor teams !!!

Why would TMZ's source not know about the TAR returnees and the Survivor teams ??
Why would RealityBlurred's source not know about the Survivor teams ??

Here's why, IMHO.  RealBlur credited TMZ for the BB teams before adding the TAR returnees.  Redmond credited TMZ for the BB teams and RealBlur for the TAR returnees before adding the Survivor teams.  So what? you may ask.

Here's what I think happened.  TMZ reported on the BB teams from sources (or rumours).  RB read what TMZ reported and thought, Hey, I've heard sources (or rumours) that TAR returnees were contacted too, so that's what he reported.  Redmond read what the first two guys reported and thought, Hey, I've heard sources (or rumours) that Survivor duos were contacted too, so that's what he reported.

So we have TMZ 'spoiling' BB teams, RB 'spoiling' TAR returnees and Redmond 'spoiling' Survivor duos.  So who's right ?

I would say each are right that BB players and TAR players and Survivor players have been called.  But just called.  It happens before every season of BB, it happens before every season of TAR, it happens before every season of Survivor - calls are made.  Lots and lots and lots of calls.  Checking interest, checking availability.  The vast majority of these seasonal calls amount to SQUAT.  TAR cast Romber because they were popular and relevant at that point in time.  Same for Brenchel.  And Jordeff.  And Jody.  Dani/Dom were probably called.  Dan/Memphis were probably called.  Derrick/Cody were probably called.  Other duos too.  And they were NOT cast, for whatever reasons.

Only one of TMZ or RB or Redmond could be right.  But the fact that their 'spoilers' do not match up fully leads me to believe it's all much ado about nothing.  I am still expecting a newbie season.
I'm more inclined to believe this. It's like a game of telephone.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2018, 08:34:33 PM »
Then CBS execs are actually dumber than I thought.

Well they did decide to put TAR at 10pm on a Thursday... haha

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »
http://insidesurvivor.com/former-survivor-contestants-on-season-31-amazing-race-33711

4-4-4

Does that mean we could get a 13 leg race??

Or the dreaded double elimination back in Season 19

Or worse: starting line elimination.
Best case: 2 NELs/KORs

IF, big if, all this is true, I'm intrigued to say the least (I have put some thought into a CBS Reality Olympics, and this is definitely more palatable than an all BB TAR season)

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »
http://insidesurvivor.com/former-survivor-contestants-on-season-31-amazing-race-33711

4-4-4

Does that mean we could get a 13 leg race??

Or the dreaded double elimination back in Season 19

Or worse: starting line elimination.
Best case: 2 NELs/KORs

IF, big if, all this is true, I'm intrigued to say the least (I have put some thought into a CBS Reality Olympics, and this is definitely more palatable than an all BB TAR season)

It could also be a 4-team finale, with midpoint elimination...

Or a completely new twist, like an elimination KOR
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2018, 11:00:50 PM »

4-4-4

It could mean a 4-4-4 (12 team) format on a standard 12-leg race with a possibility of starting line elimination in the first leg.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:12:09 PM by georgiapeach »