Author Topic: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!  (Read 149420 times)

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31 Pre-Race Facts and Speculation WE ARE BACK!
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »
Wait, how many people want a returning cast and how many of y'all want a fresh cast?

I personally feel the race should get a new cast till the wounds of low ratings have healed (pun intended?)
I mean sure we're prime time rn, but still TAR needs to improve its ratings. A fresh cast with interesting teams, internal drama, new locations and amazing tasks - If the race manages to even accomplish 3 of 4 then I'm pretty sure TAR would be the hot topic round town. In season 32 we should have a returners cast and that'd be pretty monumental.

For me it depends. If they’re willing to leave out teams from a season like 26, I’d be fine with one more season. But if not, I feel like we already have great potential of teams to choose from.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 01:37:17 PM »
I agree with violetb that the show needs a fresh cast now. Not only that, the casuals need fewer teams that look like obvious recruits.
And I personally don't want to see another AS/UB until at least S33. I just don't want another scenario where there isn't a big enough of a pool to pick teams from, so that once a few decline, we're left with threepeaters or people that weren't even that memorable.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »
I think 32 would be a good season to do a returning team season. I think we would have a good pool to pick through by then

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 03:06:45 PM »
Regular ordinary people.

NO SPECIAL GIMMICKS!

A plain, NORMAL season!

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 04:03:06 PM »
I see us going back to Sundays at 8 because CBS' numbers haven't been so hot on that night. CBS usually makes a lot of their renewals the last week of March so we could find out about an official renewal in the next 2 weeks

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
At the moment I am thinking this is a regular season, not a returning racer season.

I think they’re wary of returning Racer seasons. There have apparently never gotten all their first choice teams, or ours, for that matter, and those seasons tend not to have a great shelf life, I.e., they can be sitting on the bench waiting to be called up.
T
And as to casting, I favor the “most competitive teams they can find” model, without gimmicks. That’s a big part of what made season 30 work so well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:21:49 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 12:04:58 AM »
Are they still allowing singles to audition?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Gra1162

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2018, 02:20:20 AM »
Wait, how many people want a returning cast and how many of y'all want a fresh cast?

I personally feel the race should get a new cast till the wounds of low ratings have healed (pun intended?)
I mean sure we're prime time rn, but still TAR needs to improve its ratings. A fresh cast with interesting teams, internal drama, new locations and amazing tasks - If the race manages to even accomplish 3 of 4 then I'm pretty sure TAR would be the hot topic round town. In season 32 we should have a returners cast and that'd be pretty monumental.

If they do season 32 all stars i am good with that and I hope its not like all stars 2 because margie and luke, Jet and Cord and flight time and big easy gets a 3rd time i think we should leave season 26 behind cause its dating couples and that season was quite boring.   

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 05:11:20 AM »
I just don't want another scenario where there isn't a big enough of a pool to pick teams from, so that once a few decline, we're left with threepeaters or people that weren't even that memorable.

This is the most terrifying prospect ever. Even if we had to, I'm fine with waiting till TAR 34, 35 even - but for the love of god no threepeaters or any subpar or unmemorable teams (*cough* John and Jessica). season 24 was a trashfire in all aspects and nobody wants a repeat of that.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2018, 08:28:50 PM »
A filming period in June, points to a fall airing. Filming of TAR 30 in October led to a January-February airing, so about the same amount of time for post-production and promotion if intended for fall season, or at least designated reliever.

Personally, this fits what Phil said about being likely to film two seasons in 2018.....

Hopefully it means that. However, I'd just like to point that was the same filming window for 29. Back in 2016, and we wouldn't see the season emerge until March the following year...

Gra1162

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
I just don't want another scenario where there isn't a big enough of a pool to pick teams from, so that once a few decline, we're left with threepeaters or people that weren't even that memorable.

This is the most terrifying prospect ever. Even if we had to, I'm fine with waiting till TAR 34, 35 even - but for the love of god no threepeaters or any subpar or unmemorable teams (*cough* John and Jessica). season 24 was a trashfire in all aspects and nobody wants a repeat of that.

I agree however i think Dave & Connor, Caroline & Jennifer, Leo & Jamal and Natalie & Nadiya (however they got the boot first ugh) the other are just meh

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
If TAR were still twice a year, then an All-Stars season would make sense. Now, it's probably in TAR's best interest to go with new casts. The next returning Racers season will probably be the very final season of TAR.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »
If TAR were still twice a year, then an All-Stars season would make sense. Now, it's probably in TAR's best interest to go with new casts. The next returning Racers season will probably be the very final season of TAR.

Ending off with an All-Stars would actually be kinda depressing. How many people are going to want to watch a group of returnees knowing new people are never going to get the chance to be casted anymore?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
Y'all are such pessimists!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
Y'all are such pessimists!  :funny:

Hey, I wouldn't be opposed for a "best of the best" all-star finale season... Who would want to do a race after so many years, though?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »
Every single racer!

But we aren't there yet.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
But we aren't there yet.

When the time (ever?) comes, I'll be first in line to ask for it.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »
Sowing* the seeds of TAR: Celebrity Edition already lol
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PYe2YZcFTiY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PYe2YZcFTiY</a>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:30:20 PM by dryedmangoez »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »
Sewing the seeds of TAR: Celebrity Edition already lol
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PYe2YZcFTiY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PYe2YZcFTiY</a>

:barf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 06:34:10 PM »
I was just posting that on FB. Thankfully I am not thinking it is an ALL season celebrities.

Just hoping for a nice regular season. Hope they aren't doing a dating/singles season.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
What...

Is this season Celebrity Edition or not? ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »
I actually found the video really amusing lol.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »
I doubt it was a legit audition video

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 02:42:32 AM »
I doubt it was a legit audition video
It wasn't. I don't think James Corden can race, like I thought he was British? and you need to be an American citizen to race.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2018, 03:10:09 AM »
It's definitely not an actual audition. It's just interesting and random he'd be doing this little network synergy sketch now when TAR30 is long done. It would've nice to maybe have back in January to get a couple more eyes to TAR, you know?

At the same time, someone definitely told the intern running TAR's social media accounts to keep an eye out for the fans' response to even the slightest possibility of celebrity Racers. No doubt it's on Moonves' mind after CBB. So gauging public interest in a possible celebrity Race is not far-fetched.

If CBS plans on returning TAR to twice a year starting in the Fall, then making one of them a "gimmick" season (celeb season included) and the other a normal season is... okay. But if TAR31 remains a benchwarmer next season, I think it's not a good idea to go gimmicky or even a contrived theme season.