Author Topic: LGBT community in TAR!  (Read 108317 times)

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: LGBT community in TAR!
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »
I think you have Dennis (TAR3) mixed up with his son Andrew.  Dennis was represented as a Kentucky father who was having trouble accepting his son's sexuality.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2018, 12:46:37 AM »
There is, again, no explanation for how that was mixed up (Again, I've SPOKEN WITH HIM! I'm so sorryyyyyy)

I've never been good with names in the first place. I spent like five minutes trying to remember the name of TAR29 Joey's partner...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:38 AM »
There is, again, no explanation for how that was mixed up (Again, I've SPOKEN WITH HIM! I'm so sorryyyyyy)

I've never been good with names in the first place. I spent like five minutes trying to remember the name of TAR29 Joey's partner...

Joey's partner was Tara!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2018, 02:51:37 AM »
lol, I know that now. I was just giving an example from the past of how bad I am with names.

I would probably forget my own name...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 03:23:49 AM »
That's Joey Corvino of course Bourkie!!

Find them? Ha, I took it!  We all had dinner and a great evening of storytelling last night. $TARFamily

Oh my God, that's amazing ! That's so cool tbh, I wish I knew racers in real life.
Did you tell them about the LGBT Thread? Would love to hear their thoughts and have them over.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2018, 01:27:21 AM »
List of countries where LGBT contestants come from:

-->USA = Same-sex sexual activity legal (in some parts since 1960) and nationwide legalization in 2015, 239 years after independence.

-->Canada = Same-sex sexual activity legal since 1969, 102 years after independence. Homosexual rape (rape in general) a serious punishable offense, Gender identity and expression legally recognized and LGBT service in military openly allowed since 1992.

then-Justice Minister and Attorney General of Canada Pierre Trudeau (who eventually became the 15th Prime Minister of Canada) famously commenting, "There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation."

-->Vietnam = Same-sex sexual activity not codified. No known same-sex sexual activity law against homosexuality has been passed in Vietnamese history. Transgender people allowed to legally change gender after reassignment surgery.
In November 2016, Vietnam, together with South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Israel, Thailand, Nepal and Mongolia, were the only Asian countries to vote in favor of the appointment of an independent expert to raise awareness of the discrimination faced by the LGBT community and to find ways to properly protect them.

-->Guatemala = Same-sex sexual activity for both men and women legal since 1871, 50 years post independence.

-->Mexico = Same-sex sexual activity legal status legal since 1871, 61 years post independence. Gender identity/expression for Transgender persons, can change their legal gender and name in Mexico City and 2 states.

-->Brazil = Same-sex sexual activity legal status legal since 1830, 8 years post independence. Age of consent equalised for homosexuality,
Gender identity/expression    Legal since 2009, official standard for altering legal sex doesn't require surgery since 2018, Allowed to serve openly for military service.

-->Philippines = Same-sex sexual activity legal status legal, Gays, lesbians and bisexuals allowed to serve openly in military since 2009, 111 years after independence.

-->Israel = Same-sex sexual activity legal status    legal since 1988, 40 years post independence. (but no record of enforcement of "buggery" law before this, and the Attorney General declared that laws against homosexuality would not be enforced in 1963.)
Gender identity/expression - legal sex change possible without the need for surgery. LGBT people allowed to serve openly in military service.

Hm. Brazil took 8 years to grant LGBT rights, whereas it took USA 239 years. Hmmm. 8 years for a country to recognize that LGBT people exist, but some countries still haven't figured out the fact that they have rights. *sigh*

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 03:01:20 AM »
I was balancing many things in these past few days, and one among them were seeing the 'Escape The Night' which is a YouTube Red series. It is hosted by Joey Graceffa, and in the second season (2017) Tyler Oakley appears as a guest on the show. As you all may know, Joey and Tyler have both competed on the race and as a matter of fact, both of them are also gay!
So I do recommend that you all go and see this show. If you want to see the one in which both Tyler and Joey are there, see Escape The Night season 2 (2017), and if you want to watch it from the start then do watch season 1 (2016), which has Joey in it. Each episode is 20-25 minutes and there are 10 in a season.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2018, 05:28:01 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/fashion/weddings/vows-amazing-race-tom-rock-terry-cosentino.html

This is a slightly old article from December 2016 but do give this a read!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »
Here's a quick rundown of how LGBT contestants on the show have finished so far:

1st - 8
2nd - 5
3rd - 6
4th - 3
5th - 5
6th - 4
7th - 6
8th - 7
9th - 7
10th - 5
11th - 3

Us gays are natural winners  :funny:

unfortunetly if I were to join I'd add a 4th person to the 11th place category  :hfive:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2019, 09:04:44 AM »
Old news at this point I suppose, but TAR Canada just had its third team of gay winners. That's almost half of all their seasons!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2019, 03:00:13 PM »
Old news at this point I suppose, but TAR Canada just had its third team of gay winners. That's almost half of all their seasons!

I'd never heard of the concept of "two-spirit" before Anthony & James came along. (It's essentially a belief in indigenous cultures of a third-gender, as I understand it)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:05:50 PM by Maanca »

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2019, 02:09:28 AM »
If only team Ty won TARUS S31, this year will be all M/M gay teams winner
Swarm stupidity

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2019, 02:27:47 AM »
Let's add Tim & Rod from TAR Australia 4 to this list! Great Race by them, such a strong team in love and overall, they represented the gay community extremely well!