Author Topic: TAR 30 EP 11&12 FINALE NIGHT LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION! 2/21/17  (Read 56002 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30 EP 11&12 FINALE NIGHT LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION! 2/21/17
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
I assume the thing in the bottom-right are the handcuffs from Hong Kong, but what's that crank in the top-right, presumably from St-Tropez?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2018, 12:59:53 PM »
I assume the thing in the bottom-right are the handcuffs from Hong Kong, but what's that crank in the top-right, presumably from St-Tropez?

That's the one that I was stumped on, too, when writing the Wikipedia table last night. St-Tropez was the oar, I thought.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »

That's the one that I was stumped on, too, when writing the Wikipedia table last night. St-Tropez was the oar, I thought.

St-Tropez was building the trebuchet while their partner was in the stocks. No water in this leg.

Oops, was reading MAFS summaries wrong. Disregard.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:18:10 PM by HavaDrPepper »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
How to solve the final challenge, using Jessica's pieces:

Propeller
- Map of Arles (Arles, 5)/Train (Imire, 7) [the map really points to Lyon, but I'll be generous here]
- Pontoon (Imire, 7)/Scales (Bahrain, 9)
Wings
- Drinking horn (Iceland, 1)/Rope ladder (Antwerp, 2)
- Helmet (Iceland, 1)/Fish (Tangiers, 3)
- Fries (Antwerp, 2)/Elephant (Chiang Mai, 10)
- Fish (Tangiers, 3)/Fortune cookie (San Francisco, 12)
Tail fin
- Magnifying glass (Prague, 6)/Paddle (San Francisco, 12)
- Tyre (Harare, 8 )/Scorpion (Chiang Mai, 10)
Tailplanes
- Helmet (Iceland, 1)/Falcon (Bahrain, 9)
- Rudder (St-Tropez, 4)/Handcuffs (Hong Kong, 11)
- Knight (Arles, 5)/Microphone (Harare, 8 )
- Beer spa (Prague, 6)/Baseball bats (Hong Kong, 11)

1. Even if we didn't know what the rudder was, there isn't anything from St-Tropez. So we assume it's from there and this goes on the plane.
2. The handcuffs take care of Hong Kong, so we eliminate the bats.

Propeller
- Map of Arles (Arles, 5)/Train (Imire, 7)
Wings
Tail fin
Tailplanes

3. The only thing left from Prague is the magnifying glass, so this goes on the plane.
4. The paddle takes care of San Francisco, so we eliminate the fortune cookie.

Propeller
Wings
Tail fin
Tailplanes

5. The only thing left from Tangiers is the fish, so this goes on the plane.
6. The helmet takes care of Iceland, so we eliminate the drinking horn and the other helmet.
7. The only thing left from Bahrain are the scales, so this goes on the plane.

Propeller
Wings

Tail fin
Tailplanes

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:50:31 AM by Neobie »

Offline Snausages

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
The only reason Big Brother won is because they gutted the number of roadblocks. Jessica got carried by Cody, and that's bull**** imo.

Did you miss the last 15 minutes of the episode where she was forced to do the final task by herself and beat Jen and Henry and ran to the finish line or did you just chose to ignore it?

There hasn't been such a lopsided number of roadblocks since the old 11-1's.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
Is that crank like symbol the crank used to cock and arm the trebuchet? Also FYI I think the terms for the airplane tail parts are vertical and horizontal stabilizers. If they are all moving, then rudder and elevators.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2018, 01:43:36 PM »
The Arles leg (with the trebuchet) is represented by the knight.
The St-Tropez leg is represented by the (badly-drawn) boat rudder, from the sailing challenge.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2018, 02:12:12 PM »
Amazing analysis, Neobie! :colors

The only reason Big Brother won is because they gutted the number of roadblocks. Jessica got carried by Cody, and that's bull**** imo.

Did you miss the last 15 minutes of the episode where she was forced to do the final task by herself and beat Jen and Henry and ran to the finish line or did you just chose to ignore it?

There hasn't been such a lopsided number of roadblocks since the old 11-1's.
Nope, season 24 had lots of drama with RB counts.

Besides, I'm really surprised the memory challenge (not the part-gathering) wasn't a roadblock, since one team member was forced to do it. We should still appreciate how well Jessica did on it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
Could someone NAME THESE ITEMS  please?  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
Oh, duh! Now I see what the upper-right is. A boat rudder, yeah.

CocoNuts

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »
Could someone NAME THESE ITEMS  please?  :funny:

1- helmet
2- frite
3- fish
4- boat rutter
5- knight
6- magnifying glass
7- canteen
8- microphone
9- weigh scales
10- elephants
11- handcuff on brief case
12- oar

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
Two really good legs. Great final episode for TAR 30.

Leg 11

I'm usually a fan of night legs, and TAR has been producing great penultimate legs lately. So, I thought that Hong Kong gave a great leg. Recently rewatched TAR 21, and this leg reminded me of the Loire Valley with 3 teams trying to force out the Beekmans.

Props to Henry & Evan.

Alex & Conor were so much fun the whole way. It was sad to see them go out.

Lantern: Speed Bump was enough to drop Henry & Evan to last place, so it was effective.
Crab: Liked the typhoon. Liked teams working with crabs. Liked the strict judge.
Grub: It was an interesting twist on the Chinese Waiter Detour with memorizing the orders and identifying the dishes.
Rage Art: So many teams breaking bats. :funny: A month of racing will do that. Fun Roadblock.
Briefcase: Really enjoyed having a mini-memory task in the penultimate leg forcing teams to earn their spot. There were so many confusing signs, and even teams that tried all the combinations with two known numbers would've had a difficult time.

Great first half of the finale.

5/5

Leg 12

For what was billed as the most competitive season ever, we got a very competitive finale. It was anybody's leg, and I loved that. Phenomenal finale leg.

It is crazy that the second night finale is San Francisco, but I do love night legs.
For the record TAR 30 finale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TAR 24 finale

Lou Seal :funny:

Classical music to close the season  :2hearts:

For the longest time, the edit highlighted Jessica hoping that she would not let Cody down. I had mostly thought that would happen coming into the final leg. Was surprised to see that as a winner quote.

Baseball: The kayak task was a nice opening to the leg. Looks like teams thought only correct balls would be numbered, so I liked that confusion.
Bay Bridge: Typical heights challenge.
Fortune Cookies: Liked the cryptic clue. Judge seems particular with the cookies. Also liked that the dough was hot.
Hornet: I have to agree. This task is probably up there with TAR 12 & 21 as one of the best memory challenges. Phenomenal end to the season. Searching the ship was a tiring open to the challenge. Forcing the person who did not complete the Roadblock was good as well. All the items seemed to be from the Race but only one combination was correct. Essentially it was a combination of the memory task from TAR 12 & 14, two of my favorites. Great closing task.

Congratulations to Jessica & Cody.
Congratulations to all the teams who raced.
Thank you to everyone involved in creating this season.
 :ty

5/5

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2018, 03:31:32 PM »
I'm not a fan of Jody but it was a great season.

The Hong Kong leg was so good, especially the task in Lang Kwai Fong; the drunk people made it better  :funny:.

That memory task was so good and difficult but when Evan changed the correct answer I cringed so hard, they essentially won the race  :dick, I feel sorry for him when Evan watches  :funny:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »
Did anyone catch the classic TAR finish line music playing at the finish line? I feel the last time I heard that was S17.

Gra1162

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2018, 07:59:10 PM »
The seasons winner isn't my favorite but nothing can't beat tar 25 Amy and Maya and tar 11 Eric and Daniel cause both of them don't deserve winning Dustin and Kandice should have won tar 11 and Adam and Bethany should have won tar 25 the whole season was horrible most of the task seems more less challenging and less difficult but nothing can beat tar 5 and tar 26.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »
Did anyone catch the classic TAR finish line music playing at the finish line? I feel the last time I heard that was S17.

Yeah, and am I the only one that noticed music from the older seasons return in the first half of the San Francisco leg.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2018, 09:13:45 PM »
Poor Henry. I wonder if he only found out he had it right last night? Will Evan forgive him? Seriously, I wonder. Especially after the extra footage scenes with Phil asking them about being soul mates and neither being able to answer the question.

I have a hunch that Henry and Evan are no longer together.  They have had zero presence on social media this season and they haven't been seen at any viewing parties (that I am aware of).

All the other teams like/love Henry.  And most of the other teams do not like Evan (and her stupid nose ring).  I have a feeling the same applies to most viewers and most of the TAR crew.  And it's all because of how she treated Henry throughout the entire race - every argument, every communication breakdown, every bump in the road, was Henry's fault.  He took her **** for a much longer period that someone without the patience of Job would have.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2018, 09:44:44 PM »
They're still together. Rob interviewed all 4 teams today.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »
They're still together. Rob interviewed all 4 teams today.
Glad to hear it! :cheer:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2018, 07:19:16 AM »

Oh wow!! I am going to go re-listen now. WhooHoo!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
Anyone notice anything? #thisplanewon'tfly

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tiger87

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
I thought it was one of the most enjoyable seasons in a few years, and better than last year's BB. The teams were interesting without being annoying. There was a high level of performance. And the Face Off was a nice new twist that added a whole other layer of pressure.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »
Anyone notice anything? #thisplanewon'tfly

Jen said on Rob Has a Podcast that one of the hardest parts of the final challenge for her was that the clue said properly assemble a plane and solve the puzzle but in reality, "properly assembling" the plane was subservient to solving the puzzle and the final solution for everyone actually wasn't a proper assembly.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »
I took flying lessons before I could drive. The first thing you learn about is lift and thrust and wind flow over the wing.

Jen said on Rob Has a Podcast that one of the hardest parts of the final challenge for her was that the clue said properly assemble a plane and solve the puzzle but in reality, "properly assembling" the plane was subservient to solving the puzzle and the final solution for everyone actually wasn't a proper assembly.

I don't think I could have gotten past assembling a plane with the wing on backwards either. With Jen's great attention to every detail this must have been excruciating.

I have AMAZING respect for the ART department on TAR. They are the ones who give us all the detailed clues, clue boxes, signs, and task creations that make TAR the wonderful show we all love.

But have to wish this had been caught before it was used in a FINAL TASK where every second counts.

I love this FINAL TASK and think it may be the most difficult Final Task ever. It had everything...memory, puzzle solving, physical effort. It required extraordinary attention to every detail.

But it would be a shame if this one strange detail caused any sort of a mental delay in solving the puzzle for any of the teams.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
Evan is cardiovascularly exhausted and trying to catch up. Kristi and Cody are butt-to-butt at this point. But Cody still reaches the top first right before Kristi. Evan is struggling.

I love the edit for this leg! Feels like TAR12-17 now.

Cody is in some neon jumpsuit getting ready to JUMP!

Commercials.

Exactly! The best edited (in terms of scoring, transitions, and effects, and also the structure of Phil's spiels while narrating the tasks) seasons are from TAR 12-17, so it was pure joy for me to see it play out in the finale! Hopefully this style of editing shall continue for the next seasons to come!

Wow, that was a truly spectacular penultimate and finale leg! I LOOOOOOOOVE night legs and oh boy oh boy we're given TWO hours of it!

LEG 11 - Hong Kong
Seriously, I think HK has hosted the ALL excellent legs (in terms of design and difficulty) in TAR history (S02, S11, S17, part of S27, S30), so I will always look forward to HK. And wow, all of the tasks (well that RB was easy, but I guess it was necessary to have a slightly less engaging task) are great! And that LKF task was super difficult! And the fact that all teams are within inches from each other is crazy! But lol at the random pitstop hahaha (hey, we've got cow stables in Germany and Konno Hachimangu x 2 in Japan, so I guess any place could be pitstop-worthy nowadays hahaa)

5/5 will watch again

LEG 12 - SF
An amazing night finale! This is the only night finale, and boy it delivered! dont force me to acknowledge TAR24 as a season because everything in it sucked. The city hall in red and yellow would have been a cool feature, but I guess they dont have much time ahaha. EVIL finale task!!! Are the teams even allowed to use an empty paper and pen to solve it down, or is it all done mentally? CRAZY! Easily steals away the TAR12/13 amazing finale task to me.

I loooooove Henry and Evan so quite a bit bummed not to see them win. Also Alex and Conor, hope they return!!!

As for Jody? Hmmmm ok good winners, at least they are not disappointing (e.g. TK/Rachel, Eric/Danielle, Josh/Brent, and recent winners I legit forgot the names).

Amazing season 30!!!! Glad that we recovered from the slump! After S20-21, I kinda lost my TAR appetite, I was not as big of a fan as before. But soooo glad to be reminded of how much I loved TAR!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D