Author Topic: TAR 30 EP 11&12 FINALE NIGHT LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION! 2/21/17  (Read 56025 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 30 EP 11&12 FINALE NIGHT LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION! 2/21/17
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2018, 10:04:58 PM »
WHat was NOT shown during the Final task was that TWO teams had not paid their taxis and HAD to stop the task and come out to pay.

Debate and Skiers

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2030/FINALE/teams%20flight%20suits2.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/ga--peach/TAR%2030/FINALE/Team%20marked.jpg
Daaamn, that might very well be the reason Yale didn't win.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »
The last time I had winners I was actually happy with was Season 24. We got down to the final EIGHT teams and all but one of them I would have been happy winning, and of course not a one of them won. Instead two despicable human beings get to win a million dollars.

comment removed
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:40:32 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »
(lurking today haha)

Wow! Sounds fun and exciting for a 2-hour finale. :nut:

Henry got it right at first!? :(I can't find the facepalm emoji):

I wanna see Kristi & Jen in the next returning racers season. :torche If they do, I predict they might not do as well as they did this season. Never placing below 3rd automatically marks them off as a threat. If the cowboys were U-turned out on both all-star seasons they were in, what more with a strong FF team like Kristi & Jen? :(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
The last time I had winners I was actually happy with was Season 24. We got down to the final EIGHT teams and all but one of them I would have been happy winning, and of course not a one of them won. Instead two despicable human beings get to win a million dollars.

comment removed
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:40:57 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »

I'm sorry, hate to discuss past seasons, but didn't Dave just cry about being U-Turned and complained for most of the season?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:41:25 PM by georgiapeach »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »
I'm not sorry. I have to endure almost everybody here badmouthing Dave & Connor literally all the time, so I think I'm allowed to do it for a team that I despise just as much.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:49 PM »
I'M SHOCKED!!!
I thought they woudl come in third!
no one saw this coming! wow!
The World is Waiting For You

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2018, 10:09:14 PM »
I'm not sorry. I have to endure almost everybody here badmouthing Dave & Connor literally all the time, so I think I'm allowed to do it for a team that I despise just as much.
Fair enough.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
I knew they won this whole time!!! So incredibly proud of my favorites my friends were never wrong and I should have never doubted

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2018, 10:13:03 PM »

(lurking today haha)

I wanna see Kristi & Jen in the next returning racers season. :torche If they do, I predict they might not do as well as they did this season. Never placing below 3rd automatically marks them off as a threat. If the cowboys were U-turned out on both all-star seasons they were in, what more with a strong FF team like Kristi & Jen? :(
Why would you just spoil yourself if you're not watching???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:42:23 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2018, 10:15:13 PM »
I think there's quite a big difference between hating a racer's/team's mentality and outright calling somebody despicable without any given reason.

(lurking today haha)

In Asian timezones we are hard to catch it up on live  :jam:

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
What I love about TAR is how unpredictable the winners are! (At least for me)

In S28, I thought there was no chance in hell Matt & Dana were winning because of how negatively Dana was edited.

S29, same for Brooke.

S30, for some reason Jody's edit screamed 2nd or 3rd place.  I found Yale to be boring, which made me worry they'd have a higher chance of winning.

And all that talk about Kristi & Jen being the next F/F team to win? All just to throw us off.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2018, 10:21:09 PM »
Skiers were honestly the best editing misdirection I can remember.
The San Francisco bridge in their intro, the constant talk of past F/F winners, the overwhelmingly postiive edit... Of course they still made history as the first team ever not to fall below 3rd place, but I was so sure they were gonna win!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2018, 10:21:38 PM »
I think there's quite a big difference between hating a racer's/team's mentality and outright calling somebody despicable without any given reason.

They behaved horribly and rude all the time, and I hated watching them whenever they were on screen. When they got U-Turned, Jessica got all salty and passive-aggressive towards L&B, meanwhile I'm like "You JUST U-Turned a team for no reason two legs ago, are you kidding me?"

I cannot stand Big Brother contestants, and I would be very happy if I never saw any more on this show.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2018, 10:28:07 PM »
You know that without U-Turning Violinists, Jody would've been out in Prague, right?

There was mutual dislike between Brittany and Jessica, who felt there was no NEED for a team in first place to use the U-Turn. Things got personal, and if you've never disliked anyone, maybe you won't understand her reaction.

I love how real Jessica & Cody are, and I don't live in a utopian world where everybody is nice all the time and walks around with a smile to put on a show. So I'm extremely happy for them, and they definitely deserve it all!

Good night everyone, this was an incredible season. :)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2018, 10:29:31 PM »
Reasons for returning

Extreme: 
(UB2) leading the finale until a final roadblock causing their downfall, and never finish below 3rd over the race
(AS3) highest-average placing FF teams

Indy car:
(UB2) falling short of final 3 despite winning the most number of legs
(AS3) their unique friendship among all other Male teams

Yales :
(UB2) Falling short of winning just because of Henry deciding not to get a check for final roadblock
(AS3) I don't see them having a chance to come back after the constant bashing towards Evan by casuals

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2018, 10:38:22 PM »
We are NOT rude to each other here. Please do NOT comment on others posts if you cannot be nice.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2018, 10:41:18 PM »
Reasons for returning

Extreme: 
(UB2) leading the finale until a final roadblock causing their downfall, and never finish below 3rd over the race
(AS3) highest-average placing FF teams

Indy car:
(UB2) falling short of final 3 despite winning the most number of legs
(AS3) their unique friendship among all other Male teams

Yales :
(UB2) Falling short of winning just because of Henry deciding not to get a check for final roadblock
(AS3) I don't see them having a chance to come back after the constant bashing towards Evan by casuals

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Skiers or Indycar return. Wouldn't really wanna see Yale again.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2018, 10:54:25 PM »
What a great leg

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
Why wouldn’t they have paid for their taxis? Surely they thought this was the last stop? They’d done so much!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2018, 10:58:48 PM »
Why wouldn’t they have paid for their taxis? Surely they thought this was the last stop? They’d done so much!
Only 3 seasons have set the location of last task as finish line. Season 24/27/28

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2018, 11:02:25 PM »

Not a bad decision actually.

They were MILES away from SF, in the dark, in a locked down location.

Had there been another task they would have been up the creek with no hope of getting a taxi.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2018, 11:04:31 PM »
Did I BLINK and MISS it?

How could they NOT show the most beautiful shot of the night?

CITY HALL lit up in TAR Red and Yellow?

Teams did NOT go directly from Cookies to Hornet.

They went to City Hall to collect the clue that sent them to the Hornet.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2018, 11:06:01 PM »
If I had picked a team pre-season to win, I would have gotten it right. Jess came through on completing that last task, but Cody’s skill set was tremendous as they were the third team to start the final task, but still got all their pieces first, not to mention making fortune cookies.

So am I satisfied with season 30? Yes I am. As I’ve commented elsewhere this season has been the best, most competitive, balanced season in tasks, route, and casting in a long time, with a lot of the season one vibe running all through it. I have Ben saying since around season 20or so TPTB needed to get back to the early seasons with tasks, routes, and casting. And they now have, and got this gem of a season.

(Not to mention the ratings in pre-Olympics January.)

And PS the lit city hall was shown.

I didn’t see any taxi issues referenced in any way. A penalty affecting placement or outcome would have been mentioned, including taxis (season 7, anyone?)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2018, 11:13:16 PM »
(lurking today haha)

In Asian timezones we are hard to catch it up on live  :jam:

cbacbacba1 is right. :jam:
Also, I would've checked Wikipedia or Twitter due to a lack of self-control when it comes to TAR spoilers. :funny: Might as well spoil myself in detail like I did back in the day. :P