Author Topic: Best & Worst Pit Stop/Finish Line Locations  (Read 19860 times)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Best & Worst Pit Stop/Finish Line Locations
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:06:46 AM »
This thread is about what you think are the best and worst Pit Stop/Finish Line locations. You could say it has to do something to where it generally is, scenery, or you can talk about if it's good or bad leg design-wise. You can also do all of the above. Also please explain why you think they are good or bad. I can be a simple explanation too. Now for my thoughts on this topic. I'll start with finish lines and then pit stops. You can also do international versions as well. Make sure to show with season and leg number also.

Best Finish Line Locations:
TAR 2 Leg 13 East Fort Baker: A fantastic view of a famous bridge and had the closet finish ever.
TAR 3 Leg 13 Gas Works Park: A great view of Seattle
TAR 9 Leg 12 Red Rocks Amphitheater: I did like how this race started and ended in the same location.

Worst Finish Line Locations:
TAR 16 Leg 12 Candlestick Park (or any other stadium finish): Lazy place to hold a finish line, could've been replaced with a beautiful scenery of San Francisco.

Best Pit Stop Locations:
TAR 30 Leg 9 Tree of Life: Although being in the middle of the desert, I liked how this tree is able to survive there.
TAR 7 Leg 10 Potters Field Park: Why are places by famous bridges so beautiful.
TAR 1 Leg 7 Taj Khema Hotel: What a great overview of the Taj Mahal.

Worst Pit Stop Locations:
TAR 1 Leg 3 Chateau Des Baux: Okay, so you have all tasks in Paris, then decide to go to the other side of the country for the Pit Stop, they could've easily done a Roadblock here.
TAR 5 Leg 7 Lake Manyara Lookout: A first-come first-serve to the Pit Stop, with ziplines, one of the worst things ever.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Best & Worst Pit Stop/Finish Line Locations
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »
Bad Finish Line: TAR 12. Oh joy, an old airport. Such a great example of beautiful Alaskan wilderness.

Bad Pit Stop: TAR 5 Leg 2. After completing the Roadblock, teams ride in a horse-drawn carriage to the Pit Stop. The horses pretty much move at a static pace, making it impossible for any team to pass any other team. The race is over at the end of the Roadblock.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:21:18 PM »
Worst Finish Line Location
TAR 9: Really? Why did we have to end where the race started?

Worst Pit Stop:
TAR 1, Leg 3: Why did you go hundreds of miles just for a Pit Stop?

CocoNuts

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:49:52 PM »
Best Finish line Location: TAR 25

Best Starting line Location: TAR 11

Best Pitstop: TAR 6, Leg 9

Worst Finish line Location: Tar 12

Worst Starting line Location: Tar 27

Worst Pitstop: Tar 1, Leg 3

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
I'll have to give it more thought but these come to mind:

Worst Starting Line: TAR 21, TAR 23
Best Starting Line: TAR 20

Worst Finish Line: TAR 21
Best Finish Line: not sure...

Best Pit Stop: TAR 19 Belgium

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:06:25 PM »
I loved the Seattle finish line in TAR 3. And hated the Bahrain Tree of Life Pit Stop now.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 08:55:42 PM »
Really?? In my, opinion, Tree of Life is probably one of the coolest, pretiest locations for a pit stop recently.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »
Best Finish Line Locations:
TAR 22: If my avatar didn't make this obvious, I loved Mount Vernon as a Finish Line. I'm a history buff & it's one of a few Finish Line locations I've been to.

TAR China 4: Why did they use a factory?

Best Pit Stops:
Probably TAR 25 Leg 8: Valletta looked great from there.

Worst Pit Stops:
TAR 26 Leg 1: A parking spot. Seriously!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »
TAR China 4: Why did they use a factory?
Because the company probably paid for half the season, if not more. Hehe

My pick for Worst Finish Line has to be TAR24's. Skydiving to the Finish Line is a cool idea, but not cool for competition. Teams running to a Finish Line is good enough, thank you.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 07:44:35 AM »
Maybe not the worst, but the one in TAR23's F6 NEL was lame.

I like the indoor finish line in TAR21. :)

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 01:32:31 AM »
Worst Finish Line: Season 12 outside of Anchorage, AK.  I rather go to some rest stop on the highway than an airport.

Best Finish Line: I maybe bias because I live in Dallas, but I enjoyed the Season 26 Finish Line on the Continental Ave. Bridge overlooking the Dallas skyline. 

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 03:59:13 AM »
One of the best pit stops for me was TAR24 Leg 9, top of a mountain in Switzerland - absolutely stunning view (and it was freezing cold).

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 05:04:06 AM »
Worst pit-stop :
(TAR27 Leg 8, 10) I mean, if you want to set the end of the last task as the pit-stop of the leg, please state it at the task description. I don't get the reason of giving a clue to teams that simply tell them 'Now that's the end of the task, and please come inside for checking in'. This creates anti-climatic result for the leg too.  :jam:
(TAR26 Leg 1) Why would production decided to use a random parking spot as a pit-stop? It gives zero representation of Tokyo nor Japan.  :duno:

Worst finish line:
TAR24 : I still remember that Dave claimed the title of the oldest winner basically because he pulled out a clue from cluebox 4 seconds before Caroline & Jennifer  :'(

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 04:06:36 PM »
I don't agree with the dislike of the Parking Spot Pit Stop in Tokyo. It's humourous, and it also displays a very prominent aspect of Tokyo, and that is its huge population and population density. It's the same sort of thing that's represented by visits to the Capsule Hotel.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 05:37:09 PM »
I don't agree with the dislike of the Parking Spot Pit Stop in Tokyo. It's humourous, and it also displays a very prominent aspect of Tokyo, and that is its huge population and population density. It's the same sort of thing that's represented by visits to the Capsule Hotel.

I Loved the parking spot Pit-stop, so many teams got really lost so it turned into a puzzle due to the clue being relatively vague.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »
The worst Pit Stop I've seen is the orphanage in TAR27. Not only was the manipulative U-Turn placed in an obvious setting of humility and charity, there was a likely chance you'd be eliminated in a sacred home for parent-less children. Didn't read well with me at that time. Plus, teams just stopped by and didn't play with or for any of the kids so it was an opportunity done wrong.

The BEST, I could go for so many, but my absolute favorite will have to be Casapueblo in Uruguay from TAR5. I've always wanted to visit that residence museum ever since I saw the architecture on television. In my dreams would I be able to live in a villa like that. It's one of the reasons why I must go to Uruguay someday (and that creepy Hand in the Sand statue :lol3:). There was always something mystical about that place that no other house-museum I've seen on the race had.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 11:07:36 PM »
The best pitstop would be:
TAR 26 leg 1, this leg would be one of the worst leg's design on TAR, but the pitstop kinda almost recovered. Having teams struggled to find the exact pit stop was always a warm welcome for me.

TAR 1 1st Tunisia Leg:Having a pitstop inside historical amphitheater/'coliseum is always agreat pleasure to me, and adding a p difficult rb task before pitstop was cool

TAR 27 Zimbabwe 2: the location was great, but what makes it greater was they had an additional task before the pit stop, which brought the fruits and put in your head. It was really cool and sure it shuffled a placement, when Denise and James Earl overtook Justin and Diana to become the first place of the leg

TAR 30 HK: it was cool to have pit stop in p crowded place with traffic jam and such, and to know that was actually not a random place, nut instead its related to US, its p well done

Amd finally TaR 29 Norway leg: to climb hundred steps to pit stop, accompanied with beautiful view of Norway was always aesthetically done.

The worst pit stop would be:
TAR 27 Zimbabwe 1: it didnt made sense to have pit stop at orphanage while at the same time u-turn was there too, it was just kinda sketchy. Also, they cpuld have done it as non-elimination leg instead of KOR.

what might have been

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 08:47:35 AM »
Bangladesh in S21 one the worst
Swarm stupidity

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 12:54:10 AM »
Niddry Street from TAR 22 was awesome!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 01:06:06 AM »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Sphinx Pit Stop from TAR 5 Leg 5, now that is one of the greatest Pit Stops of all-time.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 01:32:06 AM »
Hidden parking lot in S26E01 is quite unique, its not bad but also not a great one
We need more hidden spots in future TAR
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 02:00:47 AM »
Hidden parking lot in S26E01 is quite unique, its not bad but also not a great one

As long it's picturesque, then. A bland parking spot won't help.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 08:09:34 AM »
Terrace Downs from New Zealand leg of TAR 22. The shepherd and his dog were awesome.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 09:19:08 AM »

It was NOT a "hidden" parking lot...it was the LAX Park n Ride!!   :funny:

About as public as you get, it was just where they dropped therir cars.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,30651.msg1051445.html#msg1051445
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:47:37 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »
It was NOT a "hidden" parking lot...it was the LAX Park n Ride!!   :funny:

About as public as you get, it was just where they dropped therir cars.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,30651.msg1051445.html#msg1051445

LAX? oh before they fly to Japan?
i mean pit stop in S26E01 is a small hidden parking lot just outside that huge parking building

As long it's picturesque, then. A bland parking spot won't help.

Its hidden for a reason, teams had hard time to find it, a team even got overtaken because they search at wrong spot, so more drama, picturesque pit stops are nice but some pit stops better to be hidden so we got more drama
Swarm stupidity