The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Best & Worst Pit Stop/Finish Line Locations

(1/6) > >>

NELs:
This thread is about what you think are the best and worst Pit Stop/Finish Line locations. You could say it has to do something to where it generally is, scenery, or you can talk about if it's good or bad leg design-wise. You can also do all of the above. Also please explain why you think they are good or bad. I can be a simple explanation too. Now for my thoughts on this topic. I'll start with finish lines and then pit stops. You can also do international versions as well. Make sure to show with season and leg number also.

Best Finish Line Locations:
TAR 2 Leg 13 East Fort Baker: A fantastic view of a famous bridge and had the closet finish ever.
TAR 3 Leg 13 Gas Works Park: A great view of Seattle
TAR 9 Leg 12 Red Rocks Amphitheater: I did like how this race started and ended in the same location.

Worst Finish Line Locations:
TAR 16 Leg 12 Candlestick Park (or any other stadium finish): Lazy place to hold a finish line, could've been replaced with a beautiful scenery of San Francisco.

Best Pit Stop Locations:
TAR 30 Leg 9 Tree of Life: Although being in the middle of the desert, I liked how this tree is able to survive there.
TAR 7 Leg 10 Potters Field Park: Why are places by famous bridges so beautiful.
TAR 1 Leg 7 Taj Khema Hotel: What a great overview of the Taj Mahal.

Worst Pit Stop Locations:
TAR 1 Leg 3 Chateau Des Baux: Okay, so you have all tasks in Paris, then decide to go to the other side of the country for the Pit Stop, they could've easily done a Roadblock here.
TAR 5 Leg 7 Lake Manyara Lookout: A first-come first-serve to the Pit Stop, with ziplines, one of the worst things ever.

G.B.:
Bad Finish Line: TAR 12. Oh joy, an old airport. Such a great example of beautiful Alaskan wilderness.

Bad Pit Stop: TAR 5 Leg 2. After completing the Roadblock, teams ride in a horse-drawn carriage to the Pit Stop. The horses pretty much move at a static pace, making it impossible for any team to pass any other team. The race is over at the end of the Roadblock.

BourkieBoy:
Worst Finish Line Location
TAR 9: Really? Why did we have to end where the race started?

Worst Pit Stop:
TAR 1, Leg 3: Why did you go hundreds of miles just for a Pit Stop?

CocoNuts:
Best Finish line Location: TAR 25

Best Starting line Location: TAR 11

Best Pitstop: TAR 6, Leg 9

Worst Finish line Location: Tar 12

Worst Starting line Location: Tar 27

Worst Pitstop: Tar 1, Leg 3

RaceUntilWeDie:
I'll have to give it more thought but these come to mind:

Worst Starting Line: TAR 21, TAR 23
Best Starting Line: TAR 20

Worst Finish Line: TAR 21