Author Topic: TAR 30 EPISODE 6 LIVE UPDATES/COMMENTARY WED 1/31/18 8-9PM EST  (Read 27470 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 30 EPISODE 6 LIVE UPDATES/COMMENTARY WED 1/31/18 8-9PM EST
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
Alex & Conor get their pour perfect while Jessica finger scoops out the excess foam. Alex & Conor arguing and tip over their keg.

Eric & Dan arrive 2nd at the telephones. Cody & Jess get their perfect pour while Lucas & Brittany feel defeated searching for an hour. Alex & Conor are at unease while Cody & Jessica are confused too. Alex & Conor are OVER IT! Out of all teams.

COMMERCIALS.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 07:35:45 PM »
Ok production crew, they are racing around the world, not just sit down , listen a lecture and grab a fricking pencil and paper  :nono2:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
We return with Lucas & Brittany simply lost, but eventually find the boat by luck. Trevor & Chris are in a rush while Henry & Evan arrive at the Switchback. Lucas & Britt get to the boats in 4th right before Alex & Conor close the gap in 5th. Cody & Jessica deliver in 6th. Alex & Conor say they always argue, but keep on pushing. Chris gets the perfect pour while Trevor is just extra.

Jen begins filling out the Franz blank form while Daniel and Evan collaborate to arrange the quote. Jen is AGGRESSIVELY STAMPED! She must go back.

The trailing teams (lifeguards, Indy, BB) catch up at the beer spa and receive their next clues. Trevor & Chris are lost.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 07:43:09 PM »
Evan is quickly getting annoyed while Jen tries again. She is CHECKED. The meaning of life is that it stops!
They are currently in 1st.

Teams must travel to Letenske Park overlooking the Latava River gently weaving the city of Prague. Last team to check in here may be eliminated!

Trevor & Chris get their Detour end clue in last place. Evan and Daniel are working together and catch each other on "Wife" as "Life". They ARE CHECKED! Currently in 2nd and 3rd place.

Meanwhile, Kristi & Jen run up to the  mat!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 07:43:33 PM »
Kristi & Jen are TEAM NUMBER ONE and receive a trip for two to Perth, Australia!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »
Jessica, Brittany, and Alex do Ekotechnicke while Trevor & Chris receive their clue from the beer spa. Brittany and Jessica work together, but can't forget Leg 3 in Morocco where she misplaces her gnome. Eric & Daniel are TEAM NUMBER TWO while Henry & Evan are THREE! "Be ready for anything" is a recurring quote by Phil.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 07:46:36 PM »
Jessica, Brittany, and Alex do Ekotechnicke while Trevor & Chris receive their clue from the beer spa. Brittany and Jessica work together, but can't forget Leg 3 in Morocco where she misplaces her gnome. Eric & Daniel are TEAM NUMBER TWO while Henry & Evan are THREE! "Be ready for anything" is a recurring quote by Phil.

Foreshadow.......

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »
Alex is the first scapegoat while the three Roadblock takers are working together. Jess "helps" the other while Brittany quickly realizes she is a liar by feeding them the wrong sentence structure. Alex feels screwed while Lucas & Brittany follow behind them reaccounting their situation with Jessica.

Trevor & Chris immediately arrive after and Trevor does the Roadblock.

Alex & Conor, Lucas & Brittany get taxis. Meanwhile, Cody & Jessica call for a taxi and are overtaken in second to last. Trevor answering phones while Jessica is counting on a cab picking them up to keep them safe.

COMMERCIALS.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 07:57:52 PM »
Commercials are over and we come back with Trevor being cocky and getting his phrase right. (I don't know why, but I can't stand this guy's edit.) Cody & Jessica out of luck with a later cab. Trevor & Chris heading to the mat.

Alex & Conor are bypassed as Big Brother catches up to them. Alex & Conor finally realize they are lost while Lucas & Brittany run through the park.

Alex & Conor are TEAM NUMBER 4 while the lifeguards are 5TH PLACE! "Lots of surprises. Anything and everything could happen."

Cody & Jessica are lost in a park while Trevor & Chris closing in the gap. Both teams can't find the viewpoint and Cody & Jessica believe they overshot the viewpoint. It's a foot race!!!

And Cody & Jessica make it in 6TH PLACE. Phil believes they made a good choice by U-Turning the violinists and it saved them from placing last. Trevor & Chris are the LAST TEAM to arrive and are eliminated from the race. They are glad they could do this together and will be friends for so long.

STAY TUNED FOR SCENES FROM OUR NEXT EPISODE!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 08:01:33 PM »
Next week on a 2-HOUR EPISODE :wine: of TAR, teams travel to Zimbabwe as emotions run high and face another 2x U-Turn. For the first time in TAR, teams will be SWAPPING PARTNERS! "Oh my god."

So how did everyone think of this episode? Criticals, credentials, random stuff, etc.?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 08:02:16 PM »
:tu Rachel!! AWESOME job!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »
Hmmm... Interesting to see the final 3 weeks will be double eps special... A rare thing that we have more than two 2 hours special, what's the matter?
what might have been

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
So sad about Trevor and Chris! Something rubbed me wrong about Jessica and Cody from the start and now this seals it. Really glad that they brought the Kafka roadblock back as a switchback (actually as soon as I saw they were going to Prague I predicted it) but I think they made it too easy by making it words instead of letters. Great episode, can’t wait until next week!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 08:09:20 PM »
Hmmm... Interesting to see the final 3 weeks will be double eps special... A rare thing that we have more than two 2 hours special, what's the matter?

Survivor will return a week after TAR finale. Last three weeks are two-hour six-parter (divide by three) episodes.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 08:10:04 PM »
The leg would have been miles better if the U-Turn was placed after the Detour.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »
The leg would have been miles better if the U-Turn was placed after the Detour.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
So sad about Trevor and Chris! Something rubbed me wrong about Jessica and Cody from the start and now this seals it. Really glad that they brought the Kafka roadblock back as a switchback (actually as soon as I saw they were going to Prague I predicted it) but I think they made it too easy by making it words instead of letters. Great episode, can’t wait until next week!

Because they were in second to last and u-turned the only team that was behind them which ultimately helped them survive the leg? lol.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
Not a good episode.  They wanted the Uturn used so they split the teams on two flights.  This removed a lot of suspense as the first four teams were guaranteed to survive.  Once the Uturn was used 15 minutes into the episode, we knew who was being eliminated.  And except for the incompetent lifeguards, there was no position change once the flights were booked.

The violinist was missing some words and just 'guessed' the correct phrase ?  I'm not sure I buy that.

The violinists just flew through the lecture task like was shown ?  I'm not sure I buy that either.  #editing

How did Jessica mislead them ?  Not confirming the correct phrase until her sheet was checked ?

Not only are Jody bad navigators but their taxi luck is rotten.

Speaking of luck, the skiers are a strong team but they must be getting a lot of breaks too.  Only one bad cabbie, that was inconsequential just before the fish-sorting task.

The lifeguards and the Yalees have very similar relationships.  It was NOT pleasant to see Evan being condescending to Henry over and over again.  And that ugly nose ring HAS TO GO.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 10:13:34 PM »
The hotel was completely cut from the episode! (for those who don't know there was spoilers coming from a hotel where teams had to get their clues, I guess it was probably the first route info before the Uturn)

Agreed that the Uturn before a task sucks...

I felt like Indy and lifeguards felt cheated by Jess because she said the missing word was something, let Indy try, and then wrote the right word. I guess it could have been worse and she could have run right after getting the clue without telling them, but in the end, the other two teams still felt cheated, and I feel like they will most probably get Uturn.

Speaking of luck, the skiers are a strong team but they must be getting a lot of breaks too.  Only one bad cabbie, that was inconsequential just before the fish-sorting task.

The lifeguards and the Yalees have very similar relationships.  It was NOT pleasant to see Evan being condescending to Henry over and over again.  And that ugly nose ring HAS TO GO.

I don't agree with you, the fact that the skiers got a very bad taxi, that put them in last place, but still finished the fishing task ahead of Indy, showed that they are a very good team, and not just lucky.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »
The last four U-Turns (The three in TAR29, and now this one) have been before the Detour. All four have resulted in a team being eliminated from the race, and not by a close footrace.

This is a problem. This is a BIG problem that needs to be fixed. This is worse than the poor implementation of the Head-to-Head.

The U-Turn has become the goddamn DEATH NOTE.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 10:33:36 PM »

Because they were in second to last and u-turned the only team that was behind them which ultimately helped them survive the leg? lol.

Okay I wasn’t really clear it wasn’t because the U-Turn its more about how conniving Jessica was at the roadblock

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
The last four U-Turns (The three in TAR29, and now this one) have been before the Detour. All four have resulted in a team being eliminated from the race, and not by a close footrace.

This is a problem. This is a BIG problem that needs to be fixed. This is worse than the poor implementation of the Head-to-Head.

The U-Turn has become the goddamn DEATH NOTE.
Similar to the first W-turn of TAR 29, if this u-turn comes after detour, the elimination results could be easily be re-written

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 10:46:23 PM »

Okay I wasn’t really clear it wasn’t because the U-Turn its more about how conniving Jessica was at the roadblock

I don't think she was conniving. She gave them the correct answer after the fact, which she didn't have to do at all. Conniving would be her getting the answer and then bolting out the door after giving them an incorrect answer.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »

Imo she was being smart though?
Cody and her were at the back of the pack, and she gave her team a few minutes lead over Indy & Lifeguards.

If I was her, I probably wouldn't have even agreed to work with the other teams, to have the chance to get ahead more. But she did, and she kept her word to share the answer.
I think the other 2 teams are overreacting a bit. And Brittany overreacted to the whole gnome situation, too, as it was literally her, and only her mistake.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 11:12:42 PM »
This episode was OK, first of all I HATE that the u-turn is BEFORE the detour and not AFTER it nowadays. It leads no suspense to the teams when they race, because they know to do both detours. I would be fine if it was a yield because yields you can pretty much put anywhere in the race. Especially when both detours are unbalanced. I liked the switchback, but is sadly the only thing I liked about this episode. The editing was OK, but why can't they go back to having the amazing editing they did in Morocco, that was the best one yet.

Rating 3/5