Author Topic: TAR 30 Episode 4 "Gotta Put Your Sole Into it" 1/24/18 Double Feature! 1 of 2  (Read 11178 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Title find thanks to Claude!

(Note that this a 2 hour 2 leg show, but am going to try having separate episode discussion threads as usual please)

EPISODE 4 is ST Tropez

ONE TEAM TRIES TO STAY ON TRACK AFTER FAILING TO READ THEIR CLUE, AND TEAMS FACE OFF AGAINST ONE ANOTHER IN THE SECOND HEAD-TO-HEAD COMPETITION OF THE SEASON, ON A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” WEDNESDAY, JAN. 24

“Gotta Put Your Sole Into It” (St. Tropez and Provence, France) – One team tries to stay on track after failing to read their clue, and teams face off against one another in the second head-to-head competition of the season, on a special two-hour episode of THE AMAZING RACE, Wednesday, Jan. 24 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@PhilKeoghan) is the host. 

CHEAT TWEET: #AmazingRace is in France on a special 2-hour episode! Teams face off in the second head-to-head competition of the season! Wed. 1/24 8-10pm ET/PT on @CBS! Tweet live with @PhilKeoghan during the show! http://bit.ly/2DnHqdu
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:38:38 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
OVAL'S TIMELINE LEG 4:

Leg 4: Tangier, Morocco → Saint-Tropez, France

FILM DATES:08 October 2017
AIR DATE:TBA

ROUTE INFO: Travel to Saint-Tropez, France

FLIGHTS: TNG → MRS via CDG

ROUTE INFO: Belvedere De La Marine

ROUTE INFO:Unknown
SPEED BUMP:Unknown

PIT STOP:Place de Lices

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:59:12 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:30:22 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4Lwgyy8Nv6E" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4Lwgyy8Nv6E</a>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:00:51 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Caps.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:36:47 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Caps.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:42:55 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PRESS PIC INFO: (pics later)

(don't read if you don't want to know who does what!)

Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"-- Since they were the last team to check in on the last leg, retired NBA players Cedric Ceballos (L) and Shawn Marion (R) must complete the Speed Bump, stacking 15 Optimist sailboats in numeric order. Once they are done, they may continue on with the race

"Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"-- In Detour A, Joey Chestnut (pictured) and Tim Janus/Jen and Kristi/ Eric and Daniel Guiffreda/Henry Zhang and Evan Lynyak/ must hand make one pair of Tropéziennes sandals. Once the cobbler approves their work, they must deliver the sandals to a patron waiting at a nearby restaurant

Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"--In Detour B, Conor Daly (L) and Alexander Rossi (R)/Detour B, Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson / must prepare 50 baguettes from scratch. Once the baker approves their work, he will hand them a basket of fresh baked bread to deliver to a patron waiting at a nearby restaurant

"Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"-- In this Road Block, Alexander Rossi/Cody Daly/Lucas Bocanegra/Joey Chesnut/Kristi Leskinen/Daniel Guiffreda/Cedric Ceballos/Evan Lynyak/ must sail a small dingy called an Optimist to two buoys, each marked with half of the next clue. Once they collect each half, they must sail back to shore

"Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"-- In this Head to Head, Jen Hudak (pictured) and Kristi Leskinen must compete against Conor Daly and Alexander Rossi (R) in a popular French game called Petanque. The first team to score three points can race to the Pit Stop

In this Head to Head, Jen Hudak and Kristi Leskinen (L) must compete against Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson

"Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"-- In this Head to Head, Tim Janus and Joey Chestnut (L) must compete against Chris Marchant and Trevor Wadleigh (R) in a popular French game called Petanque. The first team to score three points can race to the Pit Stop

Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"-- In this Head to Head, Brittany Austin (L) and Lucas Bocanegra (R)/ must compete against rival teams in a popular French game called Petanque. The first team to score three points can race to the Pit Stop

Cedric Ceballos (L) and Shawn Marion must compete against rival teams

In this Head to Head, Evan Lynyak (L) and Henry Zhang (R) must compete against rival teams
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PRESS PICS EP 4

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
(continued)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
(continued)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
#7 Debaters vs LifeGuards looks like....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:18:37 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
All done! Have fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Don't continue reading if you don't want to be spoiled about Head to Head

Via the various previews and photos, we can infer these Head to Head matchups:
Alex and Conor vs Kristi and Jen (Cody and Jessica, Trevor and Chris seen in background)
Cody and Jessica vs Kristi and Jen
Kristi and Jen vs Trevor and Chris
Joey and Tim vs Trevor and Chris
Cedric and Shawn vs Lucas and Brittany
Eric and Daniel vs Lucas and Brittany
Henry and Evan vs Lucas and Brittany

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:19:14 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Based on the press pics and previews of Leg 4, can we infer that IndyCar guys won leg 4, with Jody in 2nd, Skiers in 3rd, Eaters in 4th or 5th, Violinists in 4th or 5th, Yale in 6th or 7th, Firefighters in 6th or 7th, Lifeguards in 8th, as the NBA guys were last, as spoilers have revealed? I may be wrong, though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:46:02 AM by Lemontail »
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Lol Indy Car not NASCAR

But yeah, I came up with similar deuctions

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
From Spoilers: MAT CHAT VIDEO

I am new here, so my apologies if I'm not posting this in the right spot. I found a video on instagram from the Pit Stop in Saint Tropez yesterday that goes along with the pictures of the basketballers standing on the mat. The video has audio and right at the end Phil makes a comment to them about having a Speed Bump, so I'm thinking there must have been a non-elimination leg in Morocco.

Here is the link (credit to @josyandgeorges on instagram):

https://instagram.com/p/BaBw3gEDnNN/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Lol Indy Car not NASCAR

But yeah, I came up with similar deuctions

Fixed it.  :cmaslol

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Based on the press pics and previews of Leg 4, can we infer that IndyCar guys won leg 4, with Jody in 2nd, Skiers in 3rd, Eaters in 4th or 5th, Violinists in 4th or 5th, Yale in 6th or 7th, Firefighters in 6th or 7th, Lifeguards in 8th, as the NBA guys were last, as spoilers have revealed? I may be wrong, though.

If the Head-on-Head was at the end of Leg 4, it would result in this, which I would really hate.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Yaya!

This looks like a great episode!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster

If the Head-on-Head was at the end of Leg 4, it would result in this, which I would really hate.
It is at the end of the leg again like Leg 2
the press release mentioned 'race to the pit-stop'

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster

Alex and Conor vs Kristi and Jen (Cody and Jessica, Trevor and Chris seen in background)

How do we know Alex and Conor are first? I didn't see Cody and Jessica in the background? (Or maybe I miss the picture...)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster

How do we know Alex and Conor are first? I didn't see Cody and Jessica in the background? (Or maybe I miss the picture...)

It's in the episode preview. You can see them watching on a bench while Alex and Connor and Kristi and Jen are playing