Author Topic: TAR 30 EPISODE 3 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 1/17/18 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 21253 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Next week on a 2-HOUR EPISODE of TAR :faint:, teams set sail in the south of France! And another head-to-head returns with a bocce? competition. "This is brutal!" "I have never played this game!"

So any thoughts? Random, kind or critical, of tonight's episode? ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
I enjoyed it... again!

There is no one team that I dislike and there has been enough place changing throughout the legs to keep me interested in the episode while it is airing.  Looking forward to 2 hours next week.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That Roadblock <3

the fish was also good and the Pit Stop was pretty and apparently confusing to find so if I ignore the imbalanced Detour this was an excellent leg. I can't though, so it's only a good leg. Perfect for an NEL though  :cmas9

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Seems like another great episode!

Cedric and Shawn damn lucky

Anyway, who said the title quote? ???

Thanks for the updates Rachel!!!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Fun episode!  :cmas22 My stream sucks though, so I'm gonna go through the episode again some other time.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Seems like another great episode!

Cedric and Shawn damn lucky

Anyway, who said the title quote? ???

Thanks for the updates Rachel!!!

Trevor said it

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Might I say this. Cedric was the FIRST to find that second tough-to-locate zipline during that Roadblock. And he and Shawn were still the LAST to depart from that task. A golden Roadblock moment in recent seasons! Goes to truly show that even one task can make or break you at the same time. This time, both.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Next week on a 2-HOUR EPISODE of TAR :faint:, teams set sail in the south of France! And another head-to-head returns with a bocce? competition. "This is brutal!" "I have never played this game!"

What did y'all think of the Jess-Brittany Gnome thing?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
Guess no "damage control" had to be done since it was Brittany's fault for leaving it. TAR just made it seem like Jess stole it and made gullible people believe it in the preview like last week with Joey's "broken leg"

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member

Overblown. People who hated Jess and Cody during big brother were excited that others would get to see their "true personalities" and got disappointed lol. It was a smart move. Jess doesn't have to be Brittany's mother and tell her that she left her gnome. It's a race for a million dollars, not some schoolyard game. I have a feeling it may lead to some sort of drama down the road between Jess & Cody and Brittany & Lucas though.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
I can't believe that three teams chose the Drop It Off detour after just finishing that grueling roadblock.  They knew how tiring those streets can be !!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yeah, I was really surprised by that, too!

I know dancing tasks seem time-consuming, but I would not have been up for more running-through-the-streets after that roadblock.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
Their true personalities are that they're too trusting and want to work with other people.

Overblown. People who hated Jess and Cody during big brother were excited that others would get to see their "true personalities" and got disappointed lol. It was a smart move. Jess doesn't have to be Brittany's mother and tell her that she left her gnome. It's a race for a million dollars, not some schoolyard game. I have a feeling it may lead to some sort of drama down the road between Jess & Cody and Brittany & Lucas though.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
I can't believe that three teams chose the Drop It Off detour after just finishing that grueling roadblock.  They knew how tiring those streets can be !!

I know! Really smart of Big Brother to switch immediately upon reading what it was. I wonder how far apart the Detours were though.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Might I say this. Cedric was the FIRST to find that second tough-to-locate zipline during that Roadblock. And he and Shawn were still the LAST to depart from that task. A golden Roadblock moment in recent seasons! Goes to truly show that even one task can make or break you at the same time. This time, both.

This happened in Season 25, Episode 5, when Nici was the last to leave the tannery and ended up coming back in 1st place. Coincidentally, this was also in Morocco. Morocco seems to be GREAT for chaotic Roadblocks like the one in this episode! Absolutely loved this Roadblock.

Tbh, the Detour kind of killed the whole episode's momentum. Such basic TAR tasks and one's way easier than the other. Oh well. At least teams were mostly on top of each other this leg!

Standouts: Yale, Extreme, Big Brother, Ocean Rescue, NBA, IndyCar

Don't care: Violinists, Firefighters, Eaters

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
The episode was great! The active route info was a good task to scramble up the teams. The roadblock was exciting and I loved how they showed off the scenery. The zip-lining gnome was also extremely cute. The detours were unbalanced, but that did not ruin the episode for me. The only thing that bothered me was how little screen time the Eaters got at the beginning. I almost forgot they were there. Other than that, great leg and I'm excited for next week's two hour episode!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
This episode was amazing. The first fish task was great. The roadblock was amazing, kinda reminded me of the TAR 2 Aussie slang task, as the person doing the roadblock wasn't able to see his/her partner after all of it was done, but harder. But, when they thought it was over they had to complete a detour that was simpler than the roadblock. I am excited for the two-hour episode next week.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Does anybody remember how much we agonized over the 8 blue decorations on the roof where we though the Gnomes were standing and how we could be down to 8 teams already? Duh.

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
From now on, when I'm exhausted and forgetting everything, I'll think of Cedric. Three heart attacks & he's racing around the world? That's impressive.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
This was the first episode this season that had my heart racing, like the old days of TAR. Really good leg. The Road Block was difficult -- GOOD!

The Detours were lopsided, but again my favorite thing about that was that Cody and Jessica immediately realized that and changed. In the extra scenes posted on TAR's YouTube channel, Shawn and Cedric say that they wish they had done the same. That after the grueling RB, all that running around was too much.

Conor of Team Indy is surprisingly bad and is getting an idiot edit. It's like he can't do any task Alex is like, that's no excuse. I wonder if he's ever had to survive on his own before?

I feel like Shawn does nothing on his team, just like we see none of the male lifeguard.

Well Strung is almost invisible. They seem like they know the race and have funny moments, so I'm not sure why they are being ignored.

Glad we got a little more of the twins tonight.

There really isn't any benefit so far of coming in above last place. All the teams are on the same flights, getting to the starting point for each leg at the same time. Will that change or is it just the travel on the legs/tasks that determine TAR now?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yep.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
I know they don't know in advance the tv schedule, but I feel like it would have been smarter to have LEG 3 as a elimination leg, and then the two leg next week in France as a NEL-EL, or KOR.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I know they don't know in advance the tv schedule, but I feel like it would have been smarter to have LEG 3 as a elimination leg, and then the two leg next week in France as a NEL-EL, or KOR.

Good to combine the two legs of the same country into the same week, too :)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
10x better than the first 2 legs and episodes in pretty much every way possible.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Best episode so far, but it's crazy how little screen time The Eaters, and Well Strung have gotten.  :(

Dreading the thought of ANOTHER Face Off next week.  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....