Author Topic: TAR 30 EPISODE 2 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 1/10/18 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 22223 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Especially since April had to wait THREE hours for the Firefighters to arrive. Just hate it being a final task, there should always be something else after it. Sigh.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
3 hours? Now that is absurd!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yeah, this made me realise that the Intersection isn't a good twist either, although I liked it before.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
It's funny how Bertram and Elise criticized the Intersection because it forces teams to wait for another team. Yet they bring the Head to Head over  and make it the deciding task of the Leg. lol

I was thinking that, too. I remember that article.

I’m wondering if the decision to use it notwithstanding the fault in the intersection was because order and time spacing of each team check in and release is essentially neutralized the way the teams travel now or reach a HOO immediately thereafter. This phenomenon has been noted for years, but this has become so pervasive, that it appears production is justifying use of the Head to Head because the times of check-in are becoming irrelevant.

One thing that did surprise me was the clip in the beginning of the leg where Cody tells us how much money teams have for this leg. It’s been a while since we’ve seen that!
-- theschnauzers

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
Especially since April had to wait THREE hours for the Firefighters to arrive. Just hate it being a final task, there should always be something else after it. Sigh.

That is awful. I haven't seen that. Can you share where you heard that? Thanks.

Offline tiger17

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi there
After a few months of lurking on here I finally made an account lol. I was in Washington Square for the start of the race and was so curious what happened afterwards that I stumbled upon here. I had a great time tracking the teams through you guys and thank you all for all your sleuthing!

Anyways, I was so excited for this season to air (especially given all the updates) and because since witnessing the race start, I've been binge-watching some old seasons I had missed. But I'm a little disappointed with the episodes. I feel like the editing is so off this season, more so in episode 1. I'm disappointed that the ring girls were eliminated in such a close race and I hated the face-off as being the sole determinant of elimination too. I also feel like certain teams aren't getting adequate airtime (ocean rescue, well strung). I am surprised by how much I like a few teams though (skiers, debaters).

Still excited to watch this season unfold though! And thanks to you all for entertaining me these past few months!

Offline tiger17

• RFF Not So Newbie
Also did anyone else notice that Phil is no longer in the opening theme song?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Also did anyone else notice that Phil is no longer in the opening theme song?

I can't remember if I noticed that. ???

Also, :hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, tiger17!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Destination: Antwerp, Belgium
The city of Antwerp has never been visited by TAR prior to this season. After all, this is the second time TAR is visiting Belgium. It's just like Iceland who got a second visit last leg. What I find interesting with this visit is that there are ten teams racing on this season's Belgian leg, twice the number of teams who raced the leg during the first Belgian visit.

Culture:
I had to do some research for this. Gotta say that I really like the involvement of chocolate, frites, diamonds, and the old printing with this Belgian leg. French fries originating from France is a big misconception, because of its name. I like how the episode enlightens the origin of this potato delicacy. Antwerp being the diamond capital of the world makes the appearance of diamonds quite significant. The museum where they had the printing task is actually a UNESCO World Heritage site. I like the amount of history and culture involved in their visit in Antwerp.

Roadblock:
I honestly can't connect how it is relevant to Belgium. It's nice to have an extreme task, a heights task too. It's not about the view this time. It's just for fun. I think the task isn't too linear, because someone mentioned that there's a time limit for climbing the ladder. Nobody had to redo the task though, so it seemed linear for four teams at a time. It was at the start of the leg though, and several teams had navigation issues to and from the task, so at least that shuffled some placements. The falling clues seemed problematic to me. Maybe it's the wind. Maybe they could've stuck the clue better. Not sure, but it looked bad on TV. From a viewer's point of view, the task felt lackluster. It is most likely harder than it looks though. It's just the second leg anyway, so I think its difficulty is meant to be this way. For me, it felt like a task that was just out there. The navigation issues teams encountered shuffled the placements at least. I think last leg's roadblock was better than this leg's.

Detour: Old Printing
I like how a UNESCO World Heritage is visited for the task. The attention to detail is somewhat necessary, but the real challenge for the task is how the letters were flipped, since Jessica mentioned that the stamps were upside down and in reverse. Some teams were smart enough to find ways to see the flipped text better, like what the skiers did with the paper provided and what the lifeguards did with a reflective tool. That makes the task slightly easier, since it would just be following something that is given by then. Some teams like NBA and the twins struggling with the flipped letters made the task still have a decent amount of difficulty. It's not too easy yet it's not too hard. It is related to Belgium too!

Detour: Diamond Glint
I like how we have a diamond-related task on the diamond capital of the world. Attention to detail is required to find flaws in the diamonds. Math was involved to calculate the total value of the jewelry. The diamonds being small made it hard to place on the microscope, especially when under the pressure of the race. I find this task much more difficult than the other one, but that's coming from my perspective. The teams being able to guess values lowered its difficulty, but it shouldn't be that way in the first place. From a viewer's point of view, I find the task confusing. I think this task was difficult enough to balance the other one. I just find it more difficult and more confusing from my point of view as a viewer.

Head-to-Head:
I like the addition of this task type to the original franchise, contrary to popular opinion. Different franchises had different names for this task type. Even I called it a roundabout for my fanfiction. Anyway, I think it fits the theme of the season, as the most competitive season yet. First off, I like how culture is involved in a newly introduced task type for the franchise. The origin of fries or frites may also be enlightening for viewers who didn't know it. Aside from culture, I like the task's difficulty. There were a lot of things to consider for the last task of the leg: racing speed, stability of bag of frites on the dolly, dolly handling (turns), bulky outfit as a possible obstacle, the design of and the obstacle course itself, and the task type. It is difficult with all of them together, but it is not impossible given the nature of the task. We see the task done for exactly nine rounds with ten teams on the second leg. It looks easy at the beginning, but watching it over and over allowed me to see the things to consider in this task. Henry & Evan had a lot of difficulty with dolly handling, and that affected their stability with the bag of frites. What made the task really scary and crucial is that the team who never wins in it gets eliminated without another chance to redeem itself from the loss. The task made checking in to the pit stop much harder, since navigation isn't the final key to finishing the leg. It turns out to be the skills or strategy for the task. Given the task's difficulty and required skills, I think it is fair to place it right before the pit stop. (Again, contrary to popular belief.) To win the head-to-head, a strategy or a skill must be used. Henry cut in front of April on his last race, most other racers distracted his or her opponent, Kristi and April were being slow and steady to not make any bag of frites fall, etc. Therefore, even an unfit team can win the head-to-head when the right strategy is used. At least we have teams who are competitive to stay positive and keep racing for the task, not one that just gives away the win to the opponent for no reason but pity. The only problems I can see is exhaustion of any one team and possibly long waiting time, which is unfortunately part of the nature of the task type. Luckily for Henry & Evan, they got enough rest before their final race. However, winning is not impossible even without rest. The difficulty just increases because it's a physical task.

Pit Stop:
The park and the statue seem iconic. I googled Antwerp and went to images, then I see pictures of the park immediately. Cool!

Overall Leg Design:
I really like how the leg had a roadblock, a detour, and an active route info in the form of a head-to-head. It's not just a leg with one roadblock and one detour then that's it. Bonus points to a cultural route info on the start of the Belgian leg. The introduction of the head-to-head to this leg was fitting, in my opinion. Both sides of the detour were very relevant to Antwerp and were also equal in difficulty. The episode showed teams shuffling placements from one location to another, which shows how navigation plays a vital role in this leg, even though it's on foot for most. I think my only issue with the leg is the roadblock. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't catch my attention very much.

Title Quote:
"You're the Best French Fry Ever" is relevant to the frites' significance in the episode. The way Trevor was saying it after Chris won the head-to-head for the team was fitting. Not sure if there's a better quote than this for the episode, but I think it's decent enough given the context and how much frites we've seen in the episode.

Editing:
I think the editing of the episode improved from the previous one. The real issue with the previous episode's editing was the lack of time, thus there were a lot of choppy scenes last week. We got to see more from each team in this episode with a more improved editing. The sequence of where teams are going is clearer compared to the previous episode's. There are two things I particularly liked with the episode's editing.
~The intro came after everything that happened in Iceland. I wasn't expecting it, but I think the flow was smooth. I wished we got to see each team departing, but having thoughts of the first three teams and the last two teams was enough I guess. Despite this being a smooth flow for the start of the episode, I'm not sure if it will consistently be enjoyable if used on future episodes.
~Before goat yoga finished the detour officially, the scene switched to the twins doing the task. Goat yoga's celebration upon finishing the task could be heard even from the twins' perspective. Seeing goat yoga leave right after the perspective switch confirms that they have finished the task. I think it's cool that we got the twins' reactions upon knowing that goat yoga finished the task without having to switch scenes or cameras.

Teams:

Cody & Jessica: Although not consistently in 1st for the whole leg, this team is still rocking with how Cody & Jessica finished the tasks quickly. Had they not made a small 'mistake' in the detour, they probably would've gotten to the head-to-head ahead of NBA. Either way, they finished 1st for doing better at the head-to-head. Now they have redeemed the 1st place they lost on the previous leg. I think they're a really strong team with their task performances so far and nonexistent navigation issues.

Cedric & Shawn: I think navigation was a big factor for them to be ahead for most of the leg. The other factor would probably be their athleticism for traveling from task to task on foot. They would've finished first without the head-to-head, and that shows that they could be a strong team too, despite their fiasco on the previous leg. They almost won the leg, but 2nd is enough to pull their average on the better end of the spectrum. The humor they have on some parts of the episode can be entertaining too. That distinguished them from other teams character-wise.

Kristi & Jen: They're still the smart team I know them as. Last time, Jen quickly noticed the o and the ó during the roadblock. This time, Kristi's strategy during the head-to-head made them win easily. She was slow, but steady. Like what Phil said, the key is not to let the frites fall. Evan could have easily beaten her if she had better handling, but Kristi took her time with the head-to-head to not cause a problem with the frites falling off. She was very careful, and at least that strategy worked for her. Furthermore, what they did during the detour was smart. They just flipped the paper and raised it to a source of light, then they copy everything from there to finish smoothly. They didn't even need a mirror! Reminds me of how one of them got the o and ó quickly. They're very smart and observant.

Trevor & Chris: They proved that they're not only strong but also consistent. We got more scenes from them this time unlike the previous episode. I like how they talked about not being able to see so much when they travel too quickly while on the job. Their comments on the diamond made sense too. There wasn't much other than those, but they can be remembered better compared to the glimpses we have of them on the previous episode.

Alex & Conor: They were also consistent. We see them getting lost at some point, but at least they picked themselves up quickly to make it to 5th place. The speed Alex showed during the head-to-head really reflects his speed and competitive drive (hehe) as a professional race car driver. They didn't struggle too much for the whole leg, which is good for them.

Lucas & Brittany: The pineapple code was cute. At least they kept their cool together. A communication method like this could be helpful in stressful situations. We also learned that Brittany easily becomes emotional. The use of the mirror during the detour was a smart move. The clue didn't say tools like mirrors weren't allowed, so using it to their advantage was a smart move. They completed the task faster after using it too!

Joey & Tim: Interesting how they talked about working against each other on food competitions and working together for this race. Technically, that means they're rivals, which is a cool relationship for a team. I barely see team relationships like this, and if I did, I probably don't remember them. It's interesting how they have to communicate with one another. They're used to working individually, so this could be an additional challenge for them to overcome.

Henry & Evan: They started well. They were in the middle of the pack early into the leg, and they got to the head-to-head in 3rd place. However, they were competing in all the head-to-head rounds except for the first and the last ones. Their first two competitors were slow, but their handling on the dolly was something they still had to get used to. When they got used to it enough, the more aggressive competitors pushed them further back. They were either aggressive with speed or with the reckless handling of the dolly. Good thing they got enough rest before goat yoga arrived. April was slow and careful like Kristi, but Henry's desperate aggressiveness got him to pick up his speed. On his fourth round, he probably got used to handling the dolly too. The strategy to cut in front of April was smart too. It prevents her from beating him. What I find really dramatic was how Henry tripped right before the finish line. Good thing he got up quickly and still finished before April. Overall, I think Henry & Evan ran a smooth leg. The luck they had with who they were competing against after their first tries just wasn't on their favor, as those competitors were more aggressive than they were. Still, Henry found a strategy to beat someone before someone beats them again. What I really like is how they stayed positive and kept trying without having to cry or complain like some racers from other seasons. Not that it's a bad thing, but they kept their cool even in a pressure like this.

Eric & Daniel: The twins had rough legs. They've been placing at the bottom for two legs in a row now. When they mentioned that their downfall was on navigation, it easily fills the missing gaps that probably made us wonder how they fell behind in Iceland. For this leg, their issue with navigation was at least shown unlike previously. It made sense that a firefighter had enough experience climbing a ladder, so they seemed to have breezed through the roadblock, but everyone else did too. Switching detours was a risky choice they made, and they would've been eliminated had the head-to-head not existed. There are a couple of teams in past seasons and also in different franchises that end up being eliminated for switching detours. Sometimes there are a bunch of them on the same leg, so they fall behind all together. For the case of the twins here, they're the only ones that switched, and it even gave goat yoga a glimmer of hope. Luckily for them, they have one last chance to catch up at the head-to-head. April improved on her speed and aggressiveness, but Daniel was more aggressive during the head-to-head. Henry or Evan might not be able to beat Daniel had they still gone head-to-head with each other. Daniel's aggressiveness started with speed, but it later ended up with a successful attempt to overtake April, by crashing into the side of her dolly. I guess being aggressive and careful at the same time is just what could make one win the head-to-head. However, they're also lucky about this task type existing for the first time this season. Otherwise, they would've been gone as early as the second leg.

April & Sarah: They did better this leg compared to last leg, although they were in the middle approaching the bottom of the pack. April's stability with the frites was nice to see. On her first round of the head-to-head, she was being slow and steady, but that strategy didn't work for someone who already went around the course three times previously. Perhaps they could've won easily had April competed against Henry or Evan on their first rounds. April's strategy was similar to Kristi's. On the last round, April was adding the aggressive factor to her race against Daniel. She even tried to cover her lead once she got it. Daniel was just more aggressive to crash into her dolly, and that unfortunately didn't let her catch up to him afterwards. It sucks that they had to wait three hours for the twins, just for them to catch up to goat yoga, but that's part of the head-to-head as a new task type. I like goat yoga's improvement this leg. They would've been 2nd to the last again had the head-to-head not existed at this point. They made a really good underdog team, and I wish I could've seen them go further, but alas their race ends here. At least they had a positive end here, because they seemed to have loose ends on the previous leg. Winning the closest footrace ever is something they can be proud of at least. They may not have that strong super competitive drive, but it's fun to watch more experienced teams race, especially if they go further. Too bad the underdogging ends here.

Others:
~Phil's narration during the head-to-head added more excitement to the race in my opinion. The commentaries were unique here, because the various head-to-head tasks in different franchises didn't have something like that. Without the commentaries from Phil, the frites race would still be exciting. I just thought it added some flavor to the task.

Overall Episode:
Overall, I think this episode was better than the previous one. There was a lot of history and culture of Antwerp and Belgium shown throughout the episode. Navigation still becomes an issue and it is one of the primary factors for some of the placement shuffling throughout the leg. The roadblock was just okay from my perspective. The detour was equally balanced in history and difficulty. The head-to-head this leg was a good way to introduce the new task type to this season. I enjoyed watching frites racing around an obstacle course, but I think the design of the task itself was fair too, not just favoring speed alone.

Scenery: 6/10
Roadblock: 3/10
Detour: 8/10
Head-to-Head: 9/10
Leg Design: 8/10
Editing: 8/10
Episode: 8/10

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
That is awful. I cannot imagine how disappointed would I be if I had to wait for another team for 3 hours, only to have a race causing me being eliminated  :cmas31:

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
I think Ocean Rescue is getting ample airtime. I think they're the team whose backgrounds and personalities I'm most familiar with so far.

Hi there
After a few months of lurking on here I finally made an account lol. I was in Washington Square for the start of the race and was so curious what happened afterwards that I stumbled upon here. I had a great time tracking the teams through you guys and thank you all for all your sleuthing!

Anyways, I was so excited for this season to air (especially given all the updates) and because since witnessing the race start, I've been binge-watching some old seasons I had missed. But I'm a little disappointed with the episodes. I feel like the editing is so off this season, more so in episode 1. I'm disappointed that the ring girls were eliminated in such a close race and I hated the face-off as being the sole determinant of elimination too. I also feel like certain teams aren't getting adequate airtime (ocean rescue, well strung). I am surprised by how much I like a few teams though (skiers, debaters).

Still excited to watch this season unfold though! And thanks to you all for entertaining me these past few months!

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member

In an interview I read (THR) April said the Yalees had three hours of rest time before the Yogas arrived at the Frites race.  Then the Yogas waited for the Twins for a bit before they arrived.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

That is awful. I haven't seen that. Can you share where you heard that? Thanks.

Confirmed with the racers involved.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

In an interview I read (THR) April said the Yalees had three hours of rest time before the Yogas arrived at the Frites race.  Then the Yogas waited for the Twins for a bit before they arrived.

I don't know how long Yale waited for Yoga. However it is possible that happened as well, or that that April was confused since Yoga definitely waited ~3 hours for Firefighters.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hi there

''

:welcome: to RFF! Glad you finally took the plunge!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mixed feelings about this. On the left is "Stan" the chocolatier; on the right is Stijn Keuleers. a Flemish actor. Three times in thirty seasons teams have come across a chocolatier--two of the three times they were dwarfs. I didn't buy it in Bariloche, and if that's Stijn I'm certainly not buying it now. If this is some producer's idea of Oompa-Loompa humor, it's in rather poor taste.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster

I don't know how long Yale waited for Yoga. However it is possible that happened as well, or that that April was confused since Yoga definitely waited ~3 hours for Firefighters.
Sorry but it is like
Debaters ~ 3 hours ~ Yoga ~ 3 hours ~ Twins?
Or simply 3 hours gap between either Debaters and Yoga or Yoga and Twins?

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Totally agree with all of you, that fries race was horrible, it should be placed earlier (maybe after the roadblock). I feel bad for Yoga mom, they beat the firefighters with big margin of time but then eliminated because they had to wait for 3 hours. I like the detour, it was fun to watch, but i don't like when Phil talking during the fries race, for a moment thought i was watching survivor  :cmas11 :cmas11

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member

Detour: Diamond Glint
I like how we have a diamond-related task on the diamond capital of the world. Attention to detail is required to find flaws in the diamonds. Math was involved to calculate the total value of the jewelry. The diamonds being small made it hard to place on the microscope, especially when under the pressure of the race. I find this task much more difficult than the other one, but that's coming from my perspective. The teams being able to guess values lowered its difficulty, but it shouldn't be that way in the first place. From a viewer's point of view, I find the task confusing. I think this task was difficult enough to balance the other one. I just find it more difficult and more confusing from my point of view as a viewer.

Head-to-Head:
I like the addition of this task type to the original franchise, contrary to popular opinion. Different franchises had different names for this task type. Even I called it a roundabout for my fanfiction. Anyway, I think it fits the theme of the season, as the most competitive season yet. First off, I like how culture is involved in a newly introduced task type for the franchise. The origin of fries or frites may also be enlightening for viewers who didn't know it. Aside from culture, I like the task's difficulty. There were a lot of things to consider for the last task of the leg: racing speed, stability of bag of frites on the dolly, dolly handling (turns), bulky outfit as a possible obstacle, the design of and the obstacle course itself, and the task type. It is difficult with all of them together, but it is not impossible given the nature of the task. We see the task done for exactly nine rounds with ten teams on the second leg. It looks easy at the beginning, but watching it over and over allowed me to see the things to consider in this task. Henry & Evan had a lot of difficulty with dolly handling, and that affected their stability with the bag of frites. What made the task really scary and crucial is that the team who never wins in it gets eliminated without another chance to redeem itself from the loss. The task made checking in to the pit stop much harder, since navigation isn't the final key to finishing the leg. It turns out to be the skills or strategy for the task. Given the task's difficulty and required skills, I think it is fair to place it right before the pit stop. (Again, contrary to popular belief.) To win the head-to-head, a strategy or a skill must be used. Henry cut in front of April on his last race, most other racers distracted his or her opponent, Kristi and April were being slow and steady to not make any bag of frites fall, etc. Therefore, even an unfit team can win the head-to-head when the right strategy is used. At least we have teams who are competitive to stay positive and keep racing for the task, not one that just gives away the win to the opponent for no reason but pity. The only problems I can see is exhaustion of any one team and possibly long waiting time, which is unfortunately part of the nature of the task type. Luckily for Henry & Evan, they got enough rest before their final race. However, winning is not impossible even without rest. The difficulty just increases because it's a physical task.

Editing:
I think the editing of the episode improved from the previous one. The real issue with the previous episode's editing was the lack of time, thus there were a lot of choppy scenes last week. We got to see more from each team in this episode with a more improved editing. The sequence of where teams are going is clearer compared to the previous episode's. There are two things I particularly liked with the episode's editing.
~The intro came after everything that happened in Iceland. I wasn't expecting it, but I think the flow was smooth. I wished we got to see each team departing, but having thoughts of the first three teams and the last two teams was enough I guess. Despite this being a smooth flow for the start of the episode, I'm not sure if it will consistently be enjoyable if used on future episodes.
~Before goat yoga finished the detour officially, the scene switched to the twins doing the task. Goat yoga's celebration upon finishing the task could be heard even from the twins' perspective. Seeing goat yoga leave right after the perspective switch confirms that they have finished the task. I think it's cool that we got the twins' reactions upon knowing that goat yoga finished the task without having to switch scenes or cameras.

Others:
~Phil's narration during the head-to-head added more excitement to the race in my opinion. The commentaries were unique here, because the various head-to-head tasks in different franchises didn't have something like that. Without the commentaries from Phil, the frites race would still be exciting. I just thought it added some flavor to the task.

The narration wasn't that bad in the head to head, though it was really stating the obvious as in Survivor.  But at least it wasn't annoying cutaways like in Big Brother to the Diary Room to just repeat what we see.

The final race wasn't that difficult though.  Most, if they had the strength, seemed to pick up how to move the dolly immediately.  The obstacles on the course were virtually non-existent, there was a ramp.

The diamond task wasn't that easy to guess as they had a precise figure to reach, and they only seemed to get close by following the right procedure, so even though we didn't get the exact details of the task I liked the difficultly.

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
Welcome Tiger17! I'm also bingeing TAR from the beginning. Phil seemed to have had more of a sense of humor back then. Now he seems more like Dad. During the race, I thought he was trying to make fun of the typical commentary by talking in a cheesy fashion. So far, I'm rooting for the debaters and the Xtreme women.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Agree on Phil.
I don't like his hosting so far this season.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Agree on Phil.
I don't like his hosting so far this season.

Same, some of Phil's mat chats now are becoming borderline insulting to the racers :( Like last week when he told Miss Iceland how Conor sleeps on Alex's couch.

Is he trying to become more like Jeff Probst or something?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
 it's interesting because I think it's pretty obvious that they have tried to find ways to give Phil more exposure on the episodes. Maybe it's an effort to get him some Emmy recognition? And while he's definitely deserving, I don't think trying to be like Jeff Probst is the way to go. And that's really how his hosting in the amount of exposure he's had so far feels like.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
In older seasons, he was more reserved, which made his signature eyebrow raise work so well. In recent seasons, it seems like he tries to be more outgoing, which doesn't work imo

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Sorry but it is like
Debaters ~ 3 hours ~ Yoga ~ 3 hours ~ Twins?
Or simply 3 hours gap between either Debaters and Yoga or Yoga and Twins?

There was a three hour gap between Yoga and Firefighters.
RFF's Golden Rule: