Author Topic: TAR 30 EPISODE 2 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 1/10/18 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 22244 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
 :conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf: 

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!

And to protect the unspoiled, NO FUTURE SPOILERS EVER!

Anyone breaking these rules is at BIG risk.  :browsie: 

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be HERE and will normally be put up about 20-30 minutes before show time.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Updater needed for tonight!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Updater needed for tonight!

As long ss my stream works, I'm all for it!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Luckily, I got back from work early today so I will be able to update along with Bourkie. I am cooking some bacon and cheese waffles and french fries for the occasion tonight as well.
:jumpy:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks guys! Save me some FRITES!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Posting welcomed after 740PM!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Luckily, I got back from work early today so I will be able to update along with Bourkie. I am cooking some bacon and cheese waffles and french fries for the occasion tonight as well.
:jumpy:

I'll leave it to you Rachel! If you need me, just call me! :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Let's have some FUN! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One minute out.

Tasks look interesting & curious to see how they'll adapt the Face Off.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can't wait to see the US's first take on the Face Off!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :cmas26 And we are on the air! :cmas26

Previously on TAR, 11 teams of the "best" at what they do began the race in Washington Square Park with a splash. They traveled into Iceland where goat yoga got off to a rocky start while others were steady. Team Big Brother soared through the RB and Cedric & Shawn called foul and received a penalty. Kristi & Jen took home the gold while Slam Dunk were saved by an intense inch-long foot race. The Ring Girls were unfortunately eliminated.

10 teams remain, who will be eliminated NEXT?! :o
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we begin with Kristi puking!...... It's no walk in the park especially the "Black Death" drink. Competitors must rise to the occasion. 5 minutes later, Kristi was good as new.

They depart at 1st at 8:08 AM to Antwerp, Belgium via Amsterdam. They must travel to a downtown chocolatier in Antwerp to receive their next clue from Stan!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cody & Jessica depart 2nd, $202 for this leg of the race. They talk about BB life and TAR journeying.
Hennry & Evan depart 3rd and are confident in their abilities. They talk about Yale debate life and they are a team to be reckoned with.
The skiiers meet up with Trevor & Chris who departed 4th. They talk about band life.
Cedric & Shawn, Eric & Daniel, Joey & Tim, and Alex & Conor are at the airport to get tickets.
Lucas & Brittany and April & Sarah are shown boarding. The goat yoga moms are starting a brand new day.
Cedric & Shawn talk about their penalty and 'balling.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"We've got to go all in, no bars, baby" - Shawn

*INTRO*

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Recap, Cold Open, then Intro...That's new.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And after that weirdly placed commercial break, we return with teams landing in Amsterdam! Welkom!

And we magically get to the chocolatier with no scramble in Amsterdam.

ROADBLOCK!: Who's ready to get high?
One team member must do the SkyClimb. They must climb to the top of the structure with a ladder that scrolls in to grab their next clue. First come, first serve.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
And after that weirdly placed commercial break, we return with teams landing in Amsterdam! Welkom!

One team member must do the SkyClimb. They must climb to the top of the structure with a ladder that scrolls in to grab their next clue. First come, first serve.

They're in Antwerp, not Amsterdam.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cedric & Shawn and the orchestra guys are 1st and 2nd to the site. Cody & Jessica, Tim & Joey, and Henry & Evan are 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

The girl teams are lost.

Meanwhile, the first four teams are climbing to the top. Cedric & Shawn's clue fell! lol And Trevor & Chris get their clue. And Tim & Joey's also fall while Cody & Jess grab theirs.

DETOUR:
In Old Print, teams must use a printing press to try to print their clue. In Diamond Glint, teams must appraise a diamond and calculate the worth on the already existing diamond necklace, add them up correctly, to receive their next clue.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And teams are lost and without taxis. Controlled pandemonium at its finest!
Commercials

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
This leg is really good already.
Many teams getting lost, penalties foreshadowed (I hope) :cmas27

Recap, Cold Open, then Intro...That's new.
I found that cool though! Didn't feel out of place at all and I liked that they gave so much focus to the teams. It's nice to see after a rushed premiere episode!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster

They're in Antwerp, not Amsterdam.

They flew to Amst and took the train there

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We return with Alex & Conor grabbing a taxi to the SkyClimb. The driver simply tells them to walk there.
April & Sarah and Lucas & Britt are 6th and 7th while Kristi & Jen grab 8th. The Indy drivers and firefighters are 9th and last.
They are in a crazy ladder dash for their clues!!!!
They proceed to their Detour with Kristi & Jen move up to 5th with other teams tracking behind.

Cody & Jess arrive at the printing presses and start grabbing letters. They notice the letters are upside down and in reverse for the print to be effective.

Meanwhile the boys are catching up and splitting up with Detours.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Lucas & Brittany reveals "pineapple" is their safe word to calm down and get it together. Should've been the title quote.

Henry & Evan and Kristi & Jen arrive at the presses. Kristi & Jen are smart however and use the window to cast a shadow to see the letters upright.

The other teams catch up to the diamonds (Tim & Joey) to appraise the diamond. They grade and appraise the diamonds following the sheet provided for them to determine the value of the crystal. Conor only used the microscope once in 8th grade looking at organisms.

On the other side, Cody & jessica get all their letters and the judge determines their work lifted too high for the press.

April & Sarah say "diamonds are a girl's best friend". Tim says this is a very difficult task in itself that deductions can vary and be interpretive.

Cedric & Shawn get their message incorrectly and must go back to the workshop.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Lucas & Britt arrive while Henry & Evan and Kristi & Jen are forming words alongside. Cedric & Shawn go back to see that the words are all CORRECT! They can read their own clue. The clue reveals they must go to a statue.... okay, what statue???

Trevor & Chris think they have the answer and the appraisal team says they are wrong. Teams struggling to pinpoint the diamond crystals worth.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kristi & jen zoom up to 2nd and a local tells them the clue refers to French fries.
Cedric & Shawn arrive 1st and meet the first HEAD-2-HEAD!!!!! A member must complete an obstacle course around the plaza and combines the Intersection with the Pit Stop! Last team to not complete this task will be eliminated! damn.....

Henry & Evan get their clue in 4th. Lucas & Brittany decide to use their mirror to see the letters upright. Eric & Daniel spins their word print. Kristi & jen on their way to the plaza.