Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 5493 times)

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Ratings
« Reply #75 on: Yesterday at 10:25:40 AM »
What is the viewrship?
Does it matter a bit?

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #76 on: Yesterday at 10:48:09 AM »
6.8 million viewers, but to answer your other question, viewers are not important. Commercial ad rates are set based on the 18-49 rating, which is the 1.5 number I brought over. Viewers are purely for bragging rights among networks (such as the press releases that are posted), but doesn't really factor into anything.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: Yesterday at 10:58:02 AM »
This is from last week's episode (episode 2) but in the weekly ratings, TAR was tied for 17th in 18-49 viewers and 21st in overall viewers. Aside from football, TAR was CBS's 5th highest rated show of the week for 18-49 viewers. Fantastic!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/weekly-ratings/week-16-broadcast-top-25-and-network-rankings-jan-8-14-2018/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #78 on: Yesterday at 02:11:19 PM »
This is what TV Line included in its article on Wednesday’s overnights just now:

CBS | The Amazing Race (6.8 mil/1.5) drew Wednesday’s biggest audience while ticking up in the demo. SEAL Team (6.6 mil/1.1) rose two tenths, Criminal Minds (5.6 mil/1.0) was flat.

I just think this bodes well for TAR keeping the time slot going forward. We’ll see what the later time does to this in February.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 02:14:16 PM »
6.8 million viewers, but to answer your other question, viewers are not important. Commercial ad rates are set based on the 18-49 rating, which is the 1.5 number I brought over. Viewers are purely for bragging rights among networks (such as the press releases that are posted), but doesn't really factor into anything.

Viewers are important. That’s why CBS invests in measuring alternate platforms since so many viewers are watching through the app, online streaming services, and other forms of time shifted viewing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 02:52:06 PM »

Viewers are important. That’s why CBS invests in measuring alternate platforms since so many viewers are watching through the app, online streaming services, and other forms of time shifted viewing.

You are correct, but none of those are reflected in the 6.8 million figure that watched last night, which is why I said the overnight viewers rating is fairly meaningless. Streaming the show on cbs all access is the best way to support the show, since that is easily trackable by CBS. They only get your cable view if you are a Nielsen house. In the overnight rating that is reported every Thursday morning, only the 18-49 number matters.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 03:04:11 PM »
Slightly OT but I am curious about TiVo and other DVRs. Since all TiVos communicate with TiVo central, I would think it would be easy to get the number of season passes for TAR and maybe even viewings.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: Yesterday at 03:14:32 PM »
Ease of getting the data isn't really the issue. Companies could no doubt monitor what we watch with today's technology. Privacy laws are the real culprit. Nielsen homes sign away their privacy rights, which is why they estimate for all homes based on Nielsen houses. I'm not that familiar with Tivo's processes to say if they are able to share their data like that though, so maybe.

Offline dangambler

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: Yesterday at 04:41:59 PM »
Slightly OT but I am curious about TiVo and other DVRs. Since all TiVos communicate with TiVo central, I would think it would be easy to get the number of season passes for TAR and maybe even viewings.

I know episode 1 the total viewers with dvr was posted in this thread and I believe were 8.7 m

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 06:22:28 PM »
Ease of getting the data isn't really the issue. Companies could no doubt monitor what we watch with today's technology. Privacy laws are the real culprit. Nielsen homes sign away their privacy rights, which is why they estimate for all homes based on Nielsen houses. I'm not that familiar with Tivo's processes to say if they are able to share their data like that though, so maybe.

Privacy laws generally apply to government and commercial provisions are governed by contract. TiVo and other providers can and do have announced policies that permits aggregation of data such as viewing audiences for shows and networks they carry. Most people may have opted out of privacy constraints without realizing it.
-- theschnauzers