Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 40614 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ratings
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2018, 03:40:41 PM »
Deadline says:

CBS’s The Amazing Race (1.2, 6.543M) was tops in the demo at 8 PM. The reality competition inched up 6% in viewers and grew 13%, and won the slot in the 18-49 demo, though it was not able to pull out of previous week’s season low 1.2 rating in the age bracket

http://deadline.com/2018/02/9-1-1-wins-number-1-wednesday-x-files-series-low-tv-ratings-1202276081/

I'll take it!!  :woohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2018, 04:05:25 PM »
Good news: the show adjusted up to a 1.3 in the final ratings. Even with last week's 8pm episode. As always, source is sbd

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2018, 09:11:49 PM »
I think CBS was aware of the ratings challenge TAR would face with this oddball scheduling, especially for the three weeks in February with a B.B. leadin, against the Olympics. I have no idea what I am going to do if one of my favorite winter sports with a team USA participation is on live against TAR. (Fortunately, all events will actually stream live even if NBC broadcast and cable channels aren’t, but keeping track is going to be like solving an quadratic equation.)
I’m sure a lot of everyday viewers may be in the same boat. But even NBC will repeat prime time overnight, but can you stay awake that long?
-- theschnauzers

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »
1.2 at 9 pm
1.0 at 10 pm (per showbuzz daily)

Down from last week as expected. Big brother scored a 1.8 at 8. Hopefully CBS has realized TAR should be an 8 pm show by now. Curious to see how much of a drop happens against the Olympics the next 2 weeks.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2018, 03:46:10 PM »
Damn, that's a bit sad. :/ I wish we kept the 8pm slot throughout this season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »
Strange how people seem to just tune out for the 2nd hour. Happened the other week too. And it isn't necessarily the timeslot of 9pm since they did better this week than the 9pm episode the other week where people just left.

There's a BB lead-in, sure, but SVU was new last night unlike the other week. So a little more competition.  :duno:

Anyway, I think CBS will make their renewal decision regardless of how TAR does the next two weeks against the Olympics. And surely they know 9-11pm isn't the best timeslot for TAR even with a BB lead-in.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:59 PM »
CBS got what it needs to know from the January airings. 10pm/9pm airings have always been problematic for TAR because of its all-family viewing reputation. So the lower overnight demo numbers aren’t a surprise.....the question is how many of them show up in the plus seven.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »

Anyway, I think CBS will make their renewal decision regardless of how TAR does the next two weeks against the Olympics. And surely they know 9-11pm isn't the best timeslot for TAR even with a BB lead-in.

My thoughts exactly.  All the networks are conceding to the Olympics, so I don't think CBS will read much into the next 2 weeks if it drops. If it stays close however, that could be am even bigger vote of confidence.

CocoNuts

« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »
The 9pm is terrible for families watching!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2018, 02:39:12 PM »
MAKE THOSE DVR #'s count!! If you recorded it. RUN IT!! Over and Over and Over again! Mute, Run...do your part towards our ratings! Perfectly fair!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
What don't CBS release? 9pm IS NOT a family show???

We need to be put in an 8pm timeslot, so kids can at least watch the first half of the show!!!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »
The live+3 ratings are out for the January 31st episode and TAR finished tied for 17th for the week with a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 viewers. This was an increase of 0.4 or 31% over the live viewers alone. In overall viewers, TAR was 22nd for the week with 7.977 million viewers. This was an increase of 1.403 million or 21% over the live viewing. A decent showing in my mind.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/week-19-broadcast-live-3-ratings-jan-29-feb-4-2018/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
....with 7.25 million viewers tuning in, Celebrity Edition was the night’s most watched show over second-place Chicago P.D. (1.2/5, up 21% in viewers) at 10 PM with 7.22 million.

A two-hour The Amazing Race (1.1/4) was down 15% in the demo from its one-hour 8 PM slot of January 31, but CBS still managed to match Fox for the overall top 18-49 spot with a 1.3/5. With a second-place finished to NBC’s 6.74 million, the House of Moonves had a slight lead over third-place Fox in viewers with 5.76 million to Fox’s 5.16 million.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/omarosa-big-brother-ratings-solid-celebrity-edition-riverdale-911-cbs-fox-1202281763/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »
0.9 at 9 pm
0.8 at 10 pm (showbuzz)

Season lows on both counts, unsurprisingly. Against the Olympics plus Valentine's day. Hopefully it can tick back up to a 1 for the finale, but I imagine, as we speculated last week, that CBS won't hold these middling final 2 weeks against us.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2018, 11:16:18 AM »
For the reasons you gave, I expect a huge jump in DVR ratings this week.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »
0.9 at 9 pm
0.8 at 10 pm (showbuzz)

Season lows on both counts, unsurprisingly. Against the Olympics plus Valentine's day. Hopefully it can tick back up to a 1 for the finale, but I imagine, as we speculated last week, that CBS won't hold these middling final 2 weeks against us.

Even more than that were the events of yesterday...the shootings in Broward were horrific and many may have been focused on the news--and their families. It was hard to concentrate on anything other than Florida.

Deadline says the Olympics were way down and
last night’s Big Brother: Celebrity Edition (1.3/5) was even with its Monday airing but down 28% from last week’s premiere – which did not face any Olympics competition. As for lead-out The Amazing Race (0.9/3), that CBS offering was down 18% among adults 18-49.

Let's see what the 3 days show...

http://deadline.com/2018/02/mikaela-shiffrin-gold-win-olympics-ratings-low-pyeongchang-nbc-1202289902/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2018, 04:47:17 PM »
Last night was an off night for the Olympics too. (The first Wednesday was also low for Sochi in 2014.) No marquee events last night other than pairs figure skating. But the Olympics maybe share a bigger audience with TAR than it does with BB apparently.

Regardless, I think TAR has done enough to secure it at least one more season. And at the very least as a benchwarmer again like TAR29.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2018, 09:19:36 PM »
After this season, I'm actually a lot more positive than just "we should get another season"!

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
Putting us against the Olympics was never gunna work...  :furious:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2018, 07:54:53 AM »
Looking at ratings and shares for other days since the Olympics started, TAR is doing about as well against the Olympics as any other show except for The Bachelor, Celebrity Big Brother and America's Funniest Home Videos. TAR had a 0.9 rating and only those three shows were at or above 1.0 (CBB a couple of times). I'd say only losing 18% of the audience is a victory and shows a loyal fan base.

Also, the updated ratings for Wednesday are out and TAR's rating and share were unchanged though the 18-49 viewer count went up .07 million.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »

Are you kidding? It is working EXACTLY like CBS would have hoped. We are doing our job, even against the Olympics.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »

Are you kidding? It is working EXACTLY like CBS would have hoped. We are doing our job, even against the Olympics.
Agreed.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2018, 12:11:12 AM »
Looking at ratings and shares for other days since the Olympics started, TAR is doing about as well against the Olympics as any other show except for The Bachelor, Celebrity Big Brother and America's Funniest Home Videos. TAR had a 0.9 rating and only those three shows were at or above 1.0 (CBB a couple of times). I'd say only losing 18% of the audience is a victory and shows a loyal fan base.

Also, the updated ratings for Wednesday are out and TAR's rating and share were unchanged though the 18-49 viewer count went up .07 million.
That's the update live plus same day. I'd be more interested in live plus three and live plus seven to see how much timeshifted viewing went up because of the Olympics and binge watching these final few legs.

And I agree, Peach, this has worked out as well as anyone at CBS or WRP could have hoped. This season has had a lot of the feel of the first seasons (cast, tasks, and route) and makes we think TPTB have finally gotten their full groove back that many longtime fans have been calling for, for a long time, especially how to have a strong cast.....just go out and find the most competitive pairs you can and let them go at it. 
-- theschnauzers

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2018, 10:42:48 AM »
Any number yet? Did you see Patrick Cariaga tweeted about see you on TAR31 last night?!? YEEESSSSSSSS

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »
Any number yet? Did you see Patrick Cariaga tweeted about see you on TAR31 last night?!? YEEESSSSSSSS

Wait what? Can you screenshot it?
what might have been