Author Topic: Switching partners? **SPOILERS**  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
Switching partners? **SPOILERS**
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:06:36 PM »
In the trailer that previewed the rest of Season 30, Phil very clearly told the Racers that they would be switching partners. Does anyone have anymore information about that?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:09:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
Re: Switching partners?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
No I don’t think any of us guessed or saw this in sightings. But I’m making a fair guess that Jody and the indy racers swapped partners considering how close they are and held a premiere party together last night.

Probably jess and Alex and Cody and Connor.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »
In Peking Express, another similar reality tv show, they do that for one leg.

Production says the couples, and it's just for one leg. The new couples start the leg with their new partners, they do the whole leg and then they must return with their partners a few km before they step to the Pit Stop.
They normal swap the people to force some love affairs, or some rivalries between the couples. For example, if Cody couldn't stand Connor, they would put them together. lol just an example.

I don't know how they are going to do that in TAR, maybe they put papers and they must pick one based on luck, the couples choose the swaps, or production choses.

I don't think it's a bad idea, it's always a fun leg to see and there's always drama and funny moments. And they also can rest from their respective partners. xD

We'll see.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:08:31 AM »
That might be why we see teams arrive so close to each other in what we think is Zimbabwe II

Kristy and Jen and Lucas and Brittany seemed to have arrived seconds from each other, the same with Cody and Jessica and Eric and Daniel

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:39:38 AM »
That might be why we see teams arrive so close to each other in what we think is Zimbabwe II

Kristy and Jen and Lucas and Brittany seemed to have arrived seconds from each other, the same with Cody and Jessica and Eric and Daniel

Makes sense, and the evidence from the promo points to this happening in Zimbabwe, which seems to host 2 legs.
There seems to be more information that we might be able to infer. Emphasis on might, this is all speculative, until more evidence comes up. Let me add some spoiler text, just in case.

Show content
If all teams will be under the power of this twist, like how intersections used to work, there has to be an odd number of teams still racing, otherwise, it doesn't work.
Curious at what point does it get into play. Maybe Zimbabwe I is a normal leg, and the twist is thrown in as the twist for a KOR Pit Stop, with teams reforming before the Zimbabwe II Pit Stop. 

We do have on timeline of a team finishing 6th at a Pit Stop in Zimbabwe. Once teams reform to their original partners, I'm curious how the race will flow back to normal, as while switched it is within their best interest to have switches do well, but once reformed, they'll be back to racing against each other mode. Leg 8 from TAR 10 comes to mind.

More questions: will pairing be determined by "arrival order" (either pit-stop or a special marker like Intersections or Face-Offs) or will there be a specific assignments determined by production.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Re: Switching partners? **SPOILERS**
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 03:14:22 PM »
In Peking Express, another similar reality tv show, they do that for one leg.

Production says the couples, and it's just for one leg. The new couples start the leg with their new partners, they do the whole leg

In a polish version (Azja Express) ane pair gets to rearrange the other teams as a reward (they themselves are not participating) and one person in the new pair is an active one and the other is supposed to be a stopper. They do the WHOLE leg together and if there is an elimination it is happening to the original pair of the active person in the last place finish on that leg.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
Numfar, why must there be an odd number of teams?
If there were 6 teams and the teams in even positions were switching partners with teams in odd positions, it would work out perfectly fine.

With an odd number, there would need to be some random draw, I think.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
I'm guessing it will be a partner-swap like when they did the Intersection-Roadblock back in Season 16
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
Don't like this twist AT ALL. Can we just have a season with gimmicks like this?  :cmas3 :cmas12

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »
We had a fair number of sightings and some video from the Harare leg and I don't think we saw any mixed teams, so I'd expect the swap would be on the rural Zimbabwe leg. We don't have much information at all about that leg. We weren't even sure there was a second Zimbabwe leg.

CocoNuts

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 03:44:12 PM »
We had a fair number of sightings and some video from the Harare leg and I don't think we saw any mixed teams, so I'd expect the swap would be on the rural Zimbabwe leg. We don't have much information at all about that leg. We weren't even sure there was a second Zimbabwe leg.

That would make sense for views... having the switched partners driving around rural africa??? TV GOLDDD

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 07:51:55 PM »
Unless Phil pops up in the middle of a leg, his announcement seems to come at a Pit Stop.

If the order is:
- Rural leg outside of Harare
- Swap partners at Pit Stop
- Urban leg in Harare
we see the skiers together at the singing challenge in Harare, from Qozrov Phars' YouTube video.

If the order is:
- Urban leg in Harare
- Rural leg outside of Harare
- Swap partners at Pit Stop
- Leg in Bahrain
(I think) we see the skiers together in Bahrain, from maaziwaazi's Instagram account.

Could swapping partners be something completely inconsequential such as sleeping arrangements for the night, or just for a single task?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »
One thing for sure: if the teams stay mixed until the next pit stop, it'll have to be a non-elimination leg or (maybe a KOR leg with racers getting back to their original teams) because they can't eliminate one person from one team and another person from a different team.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 04:48:50 PM »
One thing for sure: if the teams stay mixed until the next pit stop, it'll have to be a non-elimination leg or (maybe a KOR leg with racers getting back to their original teams) because they can't eliminate one person from one team and another person from a different team.

Does this also means their will be no Speed Bump on the next leg for the non-eliminated 'team'

CocoNuts

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 05:39:38 PM »
Id say before the pitstop there will be a big ARI they do with their original partner before checking in

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »

Does this also means their will be no Speed Bump on the next leg for the non-eliminated 'team'

Good question. I didn't think of that, but it's probably why CocoNuts is going to be right about teams reassembling to do a last task before the pit stop.