Author Topic: CBS TAR 30 CAST REVEAL  (Read 11178 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CBS TAR 30 CAST REVEAL
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »
I truly hope this cast is full of trainwrecks just so we can see the "most competitive" label hilariously backfire <3

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 10:20:35 PM »
I truly hope this cast is full of trainwrecks just so we can see the "most competitive" label hilariously backfire <3
That would be fun. But would they really be promoting the season like that after already knowing how it all turns out.
Then again, this wouldn't be the first time Phil and the show has hyped up seasons and teams using certain descriptions only for them to end up completely different. lol

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 12:09:55 AM »
You gotta remember that most of that Phil promo was at the Starting Line- before the race started

He wouldn’t know how the race actually shook out at that point, but production would still use it as good promo to hype the season regardless if it ended up being accurate

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 01:25:41 AM »
Well, they can't change Phil's Starting Line spiels, but the press releases and posts all say "Made up of champions and winners, this is quite literally the most competitive cast yet."

Quite literally!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »
I don't see this as a gimmick season. I see this as the strongest attempt yet to get the type of casting we saw in the early seasons.
Really? But the people in early seasons were complete nobodies, and here we have people recognizable in their fields. As Phil said - the best of the best in what they do, which I wouldn't be able to say about any other season's cast.
If you notice, I said nothing specifically about competitiveness or best of the best, just that production seems to be avoiding cookie cutter casting and selecting teams that meet what Phil described in the opening credits of season one. That’s something I’ve been calling for over multiple seasons in order to revive the strengths of the show, in addition to the route and tasks issue that had gotten severe for a while.

What did Phil describe in the opening credits of season 1? I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
I am referencing the entire Phil voice over that was only used that first season.
I have a transcription somewhere but I’ll have to find it on my notebook. It might have also have been posted here at some point.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 07:01:07 PM »
Well, they can't change Phil's Starting Line spiels, but the press releases and posts all say "Made up of champions and winners, this is quite literally the most competitive cast yet."

Quite literally!

:lol: Well, it's technically not wrong.  They just use cheeky verbiage to make it seem one way without declaring too much.

Technically there are a fair amount of champion teams that make up the cast- the pro eaters, the x-games skiers, the basketball players, the indy racers, the lifeguards, and the debaters all have members of their team who are/were champions/winners in whichever event/competition they competed in.

Heck, even Cody won America's Favorite House Guest on Big Brother- not overall winner, but did manage to get something out of a season where they were the main target of the main house alliance (whether it was deserved or not not-withstanding)

Mix that with the level of fitness of the violinists and the spunky feel of the goat yoga ladies (both of which had to 'compete' with countless other groups/individuals in their field to gain notoriety), and much of the field has an above-average competitive feel when compared to other seasons.

I think the only outliers would be the twins (though one could argue their time in the military + their current occupation would put them in for competitive consideration), and the Ring Girls (I mean, I guess they're in close proximity to competitions on a regular basis- which can help, maybe?).

I don't think that anything they've said is technically a lie- misleading in the way they word things, maybe- but not an outright lie.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »
Phil Keoghan's Team Assessment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEsRGX0a6M