Author Topic: S35 Ep:14 "Million Dollar Night" 3HR FINALE (12/20)  (Read 283142 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: S35 Ep:14 "Million Dollar Night" 3HR FINALE (12/20)
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2017, 05:08:47 AM »
For everyone saying that personal stories always result in a win (Jeremy & Adam), Jacklyn in SJDS talked about not having kids during final tribal and she didn’t win. That said, stop with the piano music; it’s an obvious spoiler.

Basically, Jacklyn had nothing to do against Natalie's gameplay. What I mean is, just from a gameplay point of view, Adam, Jeremy and now Ben didn't have a clear victory over Hannah/Ken, Spencer or Chrissy, because they all succeeded in things and failed in others, and the jury may have rewarded one or another . In this cases when the winner is unclear, going personal has granted a win in the three occasions, and I hate it, because then it is not gameplay anymore what gets you the money. And this argument is also valid to hate that F4 twist, where you don't even need numbers as long as you make a bit of fire. I don't like the twists, and I hated this finale, it was such a disappointment.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2017, 08:17:41 AM »
Also, does anyone remember Jeff hyping this up as one of the closest finishes ever?
And saying that the last part of the game was really intense, delivering on all ends, with everyone playing hard?

I just found it all disappointing.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2017, 09:14:50 AM »
I think Jeremy and Ben win regardless of their personal lives. I did not finish mvgx so I can’t really comment on Adam but he seemed the most prevalent if the 3.

Unlike the former two though, Ben found 3 easy idols and a terrible twist gave him another shot at making it.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »
The problem I have with Ben's win is that even without the stupid F4 twist, the way they showed that FTC, he should have lost... I really don't like Chrissy (She was too confident and fake for my taste) but I was sure she was going to win: because she won 4 immunities, was in control for most of the game (except for 2 votes) and has a good social game.

I don't understand why the 4 healers voted for Ben.... even Joe said he needed more of him for his final speech, and then he talked about the PTSD and army stuff... that was not even related to the game.

I feel like Ben blew his game at the Final 7, got stuck alone 5 vs 1. and only won because of Idols and that stupid F4 twist.

Quick question: Have we ever got an Idol found at the F5? I was sure the max for an idol was the F6

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
I do agree with your point on FTC. Even with the segment on Ben's PTSD, I felt like the edit of the FTC made it look like Chrissy was going to win. I thought Desi/JP would vote Chrissy (giving her a 4-3-1 win).

CocoNuts

« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2017, 11:11:07 AM »
I dont think it's fair to compare Mike to Ben. Ben used advantages. Mike legit had to win immunity which he did!!!! Mike I like since the first episode and think he should definetely return. ben on the other hand.....

You can't compare someone being saved by winning challenges and someone being saved my idols.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
Quick question: Have we ever got an Idol found at the F5? I was sure the max for an idol was the F6
You are correct. Adam Klein found a HII at F6 in MvGX.

I dont think it's fair to compare Mike to Ben. Ben used advantages. Mike legit had to win immunity which he did!!!! Mike I like since the first episode and think he should definetely return. ben on the other hand.....

You can't compare someone being saved by winning challenges and someone being saved my idols.
Really? I think you can. It's actually rather unfair NOT to compare the two.

Getting by with immunity challenge wins or hidden idols is the same thing, in the way that you are unsuccessful in the social/strategic play, and have to resort to personal immunity in order to survive. The tribe was going to vote you out, so you prevented them from doing so by other means rather than convincing.

So they both can't be considered great Survivor players, as ultimately they tanked their games. They were unable to put themselves in a position that allows them to progress forward. It goes the same way for both of them.

The thing is that immunity challenges have always been a part of Survivor. Not only that, they are in every episode of Survivor, and each episode at least 1 person wins immunity. So ending up as that 1 winner several times in a row isn't that mind-boggling.

Idols, on the other hand... They never used to be so common. It was either that a limited number of idols was present, or they were harder to find. I won't even go into the advantage bit, because that has become ridiculously overkill lately. But even with idols, they're made much more accessible than before.

This is why a win like Ben's is infuriating, as it would never have been possible if the same group of people played on an earlier season. Mike needed an idol play once as well, but as for his immunity run - that would've been possible in any other season as well. So this is where the claims that Ben was helped by production stem from. Such a win is unprecedented.

Like, why were there 2 concurrent merge idols this season? :groan:

CocoNuts

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2017, 04:10:15 PM »
But anyone can win hidden immunity! Its a part of teh game that HAS to be used! Unlike idols, the games doesn't need to have idols!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
Its a part of teh game that HAS to be used! Unlike idols, the games doesn't need to have idols!
I literally have no idea what you just said. :cmas26

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
I do agree with your point on FTC. Even with the segment on Ben's PTSD, I felt like the edit of the FTC made it look like Chrissy was going to win. I thought Desi/JP would vote Chrissy (giving her a 4-3-1 win).
Oh, btw, Desi was never voting Chrissy. She hated her guts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2017, 07:56:33 PM »
Oh, btw, Desi was never voting Chrissy. She hated her guts.
Considering they didn't spend long together she really let her emotions overflow on that then.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2017, 11:38:53 PM »
But anyone can win hidden immunity! Its a part of teh game that HAS to be used! Unlike idols, the games doesn't need to have idols!

????????????????? Hidden immunity?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2017, 01:29:00 AM »

????????????????? Hidden immunity?

I think they mean hidden immunity IDOL... (HII)

CocoNuts

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2017, 05:10:55 AM »
i meant individual immunity!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »
I liked him winning, it was a good underdog story by the end.  They went on too much about his war background, but that's the producers work pushing that.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2018, 06:45:14 AM »
I liked him winning, it was a good underdog story by the end.  They went on too much about his war background, but that's the producers work pushing that.

NO LOOOOOOL.

Doctor MIKE was the underdog. Ben was always over the top.