Author Topic: S35 Ep:14 "Million Dollar Night" 3HR FINALE (12/20)  (Read 283534 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S35 Ep:14 "Million Dollar Night" 3HR FINALE (12/20)
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
ONE WINNER

Ben
Ryan
Chrissy

Chrissy
BEN

BEN
 One vote left
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »
WINNER IS

BEN!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2017, 09:26:00 PM »
Ben's family

RECAP OF BEN'S moves

Y'all have to watch this part yourself....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »
Congratulations Ben!  :cmas51 :b4b28950: :woohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2017, 09:28:42 PM »
Deserving winner! Wouldn’t mind any of the F7 to win!  :cmas9

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2017, 09:31:49 PM »
BEN: I had to fight every single day. I never gave up.

Lauren gave up her idol, got eliminated>> Jeff: and  that is a nod to next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick flash-y promo, We'll have it up at RFF hopefully by tomorrow!

commercial

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2017, 09:35:34 PM »
Seriously.... this is the first time I feel like the show is rigged.
First of all, an Idol at F5? Did this ever happened?
And this stupid F4 twist... feels rigged.
And even after all of this, I felt Chrissy (who I don't really life) deserved to win with her FTC performance.
Anyway.... Pretty sad.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2017, 09:38:06 PM »
18 players on stage

Jeff Chrissy have to hand it to you, you were a very worthy adversary

Chrissy I threw up because I was so scared

I asked for time off, but I LOST MY JOB TO PLAY SURVIVOR

Ryan Life doesn't give you many opps to prove yourself, I hung in there

Jeff: Stories are impt: we have one with Ben

Ben PTSD, you are lonely, I still can't do loud noises, my wife and kids saved me. But bigger than that, past will eat you alive, the future will save you.

Ben so many vets have reached out to me...

JEFF: we have three of your marine buddies here>>group hugs

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2017, 09:39:32 PM »
3 guys: we haven't seen Ben in 12 years. He was not in a good place. To see him do this...so important

If he pulls one other vet up, that is HUGE!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2017, 09:45:34 PM »
Jeff this is season of secrets...

And then NO ONE could keep secrets!! :funny:

recaps
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2017, 09:48:21 PM »
Lauren...I def regret throwing the shell into fire... Can I have it back??

Jeff this is clue to next season.

BAD DECISIONS from former players, all coming back to haunt them.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:52:06 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
S36 spoiler comment:

Show content
HUH? Don't we already know next season's cast? and it isn't former players....???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »
SURVIVOR 36:NEW IDEA:

This Speaks to the past 35 seasons, PREVIEW!

Survivor Ghost Island

Place for Survivor bad decisions (show lots)

NEW CAST can reverse the bad decisions/bad plays

Will the past come back to haunt them again?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2017, 09:58:33 PM »
APPLY NOW!

survivor.com/casting

That's all folks!

See you in MARCH!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2017, 01:43:53 AM »
haven't watched it yet. From the edit he got we know Ben won. I don't have a problem because he played well. But i do have a problem with the twist at Final 4. That was actually an advantage for Ben, not Chrissy. She fight for the immunity but Ben got the advantage. If it was normal F4, we know Ben voted out and Chrissy might have won. Totally disappointed  :cmas11

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2017, 04:05:59 AM »
Hate that twist. So you don't need any social abilities no more to win a season. He did his moves until F8, and that was enough because nobody could vote him out for the last 4 tribals. So disappointing.

He got the Mike edit from Flops Apart, and I really hate these two because they just based their victories in being on their own for the last 10 days which shows how poor their social gameplay was.

We also got the "I am here for my family" that straightforwardly gives you the million as we have seen with Jeremy and Adam. None of these three played much better games than the other finalists in the Final 3, but they just make the jury emotional to bias them. Hate that in a final tribal council; everybody played a game, and I wouldn't have voted for someone who begs for the vote through emotion. I feel that is trying to make people feel guilty for not voting for them, and I totally cannot respect that moves. Only Adam would have a pass in my honest opinion, and clearly his game wasn't that good to get him a clean win. I just hate those FTCs where you make jurors cry and they vote for you :/
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:09:00 AM by David »

CocoNuts

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2017, 05:30:43 AM »
What a promising season!

This was the best season since SJDS and we had a deserving winner! At FTC, Chrissy was AMAZING and had me thinking she would win! Poor Ryan tho!

I dont know if i like the new Final 4 twist, I mean teh voting was bad but directly to fire making? At least have ONE vote.

HYPED FOR NEXT SEASON! The producers are going to have to get creative to make an advantage for Erik or James' mistakes though. Ghost ISland itself looks amazing! And can't wait for the new season! The viewers sould probably go up considering how close 35 and 36 r together!

I still wish Mike had won but i thonk he may come back! And go down as a Survivor God tbh

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »
Everyone: stop putting advantages and extra idols in the game

Production: Ghost Island where all advantage mistakes return!!

S37: Everyone starts with an idol!

The F4 twist was pointless and takes power away from the person who won the FIC and gives it to the person they want to leave the game. Not good. I like Ben as a character who was good for the season, but production were clearly biased towards him, which makes the season take a little hit. Ben would've still been an amazing character/ambassador for marines/etc WITHOUT winning.

I thoroughly hope for the 37/38 cycle we go back to basics, although more than likely I imagine returnees will be in there!

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
I love Survivor, but this was the worst finale ever with everything helping Ben.
Yeah, the word "rigged" is also in my mind. Too much new things just to help a contestant. Idols in front of his face, twists to help him go to the F3, and then the sympathy vote. Horrible.

Also the reunion was pretty crappy. We didn't heard anything from the contestants, and what was Jeff doing all the time on the audience with weird poses and talking to people we don't care? They asked us on Instagram "What do you want Jeff to ask to the contestants? Tell us!" ??? Why did you want our questions if you are not going to even read it? Really disappointed.

Yeah, I'm pissed, because that wasn't the Survivor I like. They are trying to change things, but they are going the wrong way...

Chrissy should have won even though Ben was on the F3, but as I said, the jury ate Ben's story. STOP voting people by their past lifes. This is Survivor, your must vote by their Survivor gameplay! Ben only survived but idols and things production put on the way. Chrissy survived playing the game, socially and physically. And I didn't want Chrissy to win at first, but once it was between her, unfair-Ben, and invisible Ryan, my decision was made.

Anyway, looking forward next season, and please, throw the twist of fire-making-challenge at F4 to the trash (yeah, I know, it will be played again next season too, I heard Jeff saying it,.. it sucks).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:01:40 PM by georgiapeach »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2017, 05:16:07 PM »
Chrissy, she’s my favourite for the season. Hope she returns! What a glam!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 05:48:07 PM »
I actually don't know if I liked this season more than Game Changers.
So pissed with production. They've lost track of the concept of this show.

... glad this season is over tbh

back AT tribal

Jeff says Chrissy ties record most wins by a woman

(Who was the other? Sandra? ??? )
She tied with Kim Spradlin, Kelly Wiglesworth, and Jenna Morasca.
Sandra has never won an individual challenge lol

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »
The sheer idea of this F4 twist is FLAWED, and most fans were quick to spot that.
It is beyond me how production doesn't realize they're implementing an unfair game element.

I actually don't remember feeling so disappointed after a season finale since :dick Caramoan.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:59:26 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2017, 06:25:12 PM »
I'm very sad at the way this season ended. I did not want to see Ben winning as I didn't really like him (at least the way he is portrayed). This season now reminds me too much of Flops Apart with Ben idoling/fire making his way to the F3. I still thought Ben played the best game and deserved the win. I really loved Chrissy and would love to see he return, but I thought Ben had more control over the game, even before his idol run and Chrissy never really seized control (although it is very hard to control the game with 3 idols). Even if Devon won Fire Making I believed he should have won over Chrissy.

I felt like the idols were very easy to find, and I wish they were more difficult to find with how frequently they were played it was upsetting that they made it (at least seem) so easy to find them. Also I found the F4 twist complete BS (although it was essentially the same twist as the BBOTT final 3). I don't like it when competitions decide the fates of people and prefer social game to have more of a presence. Also, in general I liked the way F4 going into a F3 FTC politics are and find it very interesting. Either 3 people can gang up on 1 person and vote them out or it just takes one person to flip to make it 2-2 and go into firemaking. I hate that they changed that and it sucks that Jeff sounds like it will be returning in upcoming seasons so that is no fun.

Also I have mixed feelings on the open forum FTC and wish there was at least a little bit of formality where the F3 can give opening/closing remarks and jurors have the opportunity to address the F3 as individuals. But I also like the flow of the open forum, so I would like see more of a mix in upcoming seasons.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2017, 06:31:19 PM »
The pros. Much like Game Changers, I enjoyed the new jury format. I feel like it actually allows debate & prevents groupthink. In both cases, neither victory has been a unanimous vote. Also, that final immunity challenge was intense.

Here we go:

Many people believe that there were too many idol/advantages this season. I don’t think that was the problem. In Heroes vs Villains, six idols were played at tribal, and I don’t hear many people complain about that season having too many idols.

However, here’s where the problem lies: why do idols have to be hidden the same way each season? When looking at seasons like HHH & MvGX, every idol was rehidden the same way giving an advantage to anyone who found and played an idol. Listening to Rob Cesternino, his strategy is to play any idol and just find it again because you know how it’s hidden. Also, the fact that the idols literally had a bright X pointing to the hiding spot made finding idols easier this season. Compare this season to HvV in which a variety of contestants were able to find idols due to random hiding spots. We don't need an idol hiding & rehiding theme. In fact, the only idol not hidden with an X was the pasta reward idol (a twist I liked).

For everyone saying that personal stories always result in a win (Jeremy & Adam), Jacklyn in SJDS talked about not having kids during final tribal and she didn’t win. That said, stop with the piano music; it’s an obvious spoiler.

While I’m not pushing the same "too many idols" idea, I wasn’t a fan of how Ben won in a Mike Holloway fashion. I know some people like that, but it’s not what I look for in a winner. Some seasons improve when you know the winner. I can’t see this season improving. Also, I know I’m not alone, but that reunion was horrible. Half the time was spent justifying Ben’s win. They talked to like five people. I seriously tuned out.

Disclaimer: I’m sure Ben is a nice person in real life. I’m just commenting on his game in the show.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2017, 04:22:19 AM »
The sheer idea of this F4 twist is FLAWED, and most fans were quick to spot that.
It is beyond me how production doesn't realize they're implementing an unfair game element.

I actually don't remember feeling so disappointed after a season finale since ****ing Caramoan.

Totally agree. The F4 twist practically makes the FIC pointless. Might as well just have all 4 of them make fire and the last to start goes! [/sarcasm] The twist would also suggest a F2 will not be occurring for the foreseeable future, which sucks.

I'm also beyond sick of the idols that literally say "dig here" and you get an idol. It looks so sketchy. To find such an advantage in the game you should have to work for it. Either that or don't do them at all. Production should know by now the social savvy of some players can bring better blindsides than idols. I for one, would've been flabbergasted had Cirie's 3-2-1 boot of Sarah been pulled off instead of 73 advantages being played at once.

Next season's preview looks like it is about to go too far. A parody. A fantasy org. It's stupid, and can easily be manipulated by production.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:26:10 AM by stekay »