Author Topic: S35 Ep:13 "The Survivor Devil" (12/13)  (Read 20396 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S35 Ep:13 "The Survivor Devil" (12/13)
« on: December 09, 2017, 12:00:53 AM »
Survivor - The Survivor Devil (Preview)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mIqzq63DIJU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mIqzq63DIJU</a>

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: S35 Ep:13 "The Survivor Devil" (12/13)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
urvivor - The Survivor Devil (Sneak Peek)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XSgIVuChhok" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XSgIVuChhok</a>

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
Getting sick of all the idols/advantages, really.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »
STOP
MESSING
WITH
THE
GAME.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:38:18 PM »
Seems like it...but are there really any more than usual?

I am not liking big arrows pointing to the clue. :groan:

Give them a clue...then make them REALLY have to look!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »
YES. Record number of idols/advantages seen in a season.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »
I have no problem with the idols being rehidden only to be found one episode later. I would rather have that than people hoarding all idols/advantages for one tribal council at the end of the season like Game Changers (still annoyed).

However, I do take issue with Ben being allowed to play the idol BEFORE the votes. The whole point of playing the idol after the votes were cast is the risk of whether or not the idol player even gets votes. Allowing Ben to play the idol before the votes were even cast takes away all the suspense of the HII.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 11:46:22 AM »
I feel if this season hadn't had the several merge idols and extra advantages, I'd rank this season extremely high. However the overload is making hesitate on really deciding if this is a top tier season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 04:01:01 PM »
Are we all forgetting that Ashley got voted out!  :funny:

But you should NEVER let people play idols because the votes are cast :dick

TOO MANY IDOLS AND ADVANGATES THIS SEASON!!!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 04:38:31 PM »
Idols have been found 7 times and played 6 times and one being destroyed at Tribal Council. But there were only the 3 premerge idols, and the Healers idol was played premerge and hidden at Healers camp and was never found again, leaving only 2 in the game at merge. And then the second one got destroyed in the fire leaving one left in the game.

We have 'seen' so many idols' because they have been found quickly and played quickly. Once an idol was played, it was found the next episode every single time (although the producers sometimes made it very obvious where they were). The longest anyone has held on to an idol was 5 episodes (Mike's idol F14 to F10).

Pre-Merge
Healers Idol found by Joe at F17 (played at F15)
Healers Idol played by Joe at F15 (I assume rehidden at Healers camp and never found)
Hustlers Idol found by Mike at F14 (played at F10)
Heroes Idol found by Joe at F13 (played at F12)

Merge
Heroes Idol played by Joe at F12
Heroes Idol found by Ryan at F11 (played at F8)
Hustlers Idol played by Mike at F10
Hustlers Idol found by Ben at F9 (played at F7)
Heroes Idol played by Ryan at F8
Heroes Idol found by Lauren at F7, given half to Mike and burned at F7.
Hustlers Idol played by Ben at F7
Hustlers Idol found by Ben at F6 and played at F6

It's a known part of the game that when an idol is played it is rehidden, and I'm glad that is not changed. Yes, the producers could make it less obvious where the idols are located, but they cannot control how quickly they are played. Also, letting Ben play his idol before the votes are cast is BS and that should not have been allowed.

As for advantages, there have been 3, soon to be 4. (Chrissy's super idol, Jessica's vote nullifier on Devon, Lauren's extra vote). I'm not a huge fan of the extra vote, but it was unique where you had to sacrifice your vote at one episode to get it. The other two were ok, and they were refreshing which keeps things interesting. In general, there are still too many.

Right now I'm not a fan of the advantage being inserted at (presumably) F5. So I wish they did not do that. Overall, I'm fine with how the idols have shaken up, because it's part of the game and everyone knows it's part of the game. I wish they would have toned down the advantages and limit it to 1 per game (maybe 2).

From the preview it looks like Chrissy is flaunting her powerless idol, so I am interested to see how she plays that off, especially knowing Ryan is still in the game and knows it is powerless.

Anyways I am still enjoying this season very much and it is very difficult to distinguish which player is the best and I think it will lead to a very interesting FTC.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »
I agree with others, too many idols and advantages this season, and the way idol played last episode  :groan:
Interesting that female cast this season are so strong. All individual immunity won by female (except 1 by Cole).
I still think Ben will win this season by his edit. He probably win the rest of immunity challenges

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 07:54:56 AM »
It makes sense what you said, Jimmer.
In that nothing unfair is being done to produce more idol plays. They're just made easier to find maybe.

But for me idols have become more stale than ever. When we used to have 2-3 idols a season, it was exciting to see who finds it, and the plays weren't as common, so they made great episodes.
Now I just long for the impact of social game. That used to be THE most important part of Survivor, but as seasons progressed and more and more of these twists were introduced, it's now becoming a game more reliant on finding secret powers than actually convincing the tribe to keep you.

Cirie is the perfect example of a legendary, amazing player who has never won immunity, never had an idol or any kind of power, and yet still always got through on her social game. I miss that, and I don't look forward to Survivor episodes to see a new advantage which allows #BigMovezzz, I watch for the characters and their ingenuine ways of adapting to stay in the game.

Does this make sense? :hug?:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 08:43:32 AM »
To me, I don't really mind one season with idols played a bunch and found frequently, as long as it does not become a huge trend season after season (which I guess it is becoming more common since S30 with the extra/steal votes and legacy advantages). I do love watching contestants trying to stay in the game by simply convincing others to not vote them out and Amazon and Pearl Islands showed that wonderfully. But I also like seeing how advantages/twists play out and more importantly the unique things players do with them, like Tony convincing people his special idol was playable at F4 and Tai blindsiding (I forget who) by not creating a super idol. As long as there is a nice mix from season to season, and they are not too excessive in any one season, I'm fine with that.