Author Topic: TAR 30: Eric Guiffreda & Daniel Guiffreda (Twin Brothers) #TheFirefighters  (Read 5759 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Name: Eric Guiffreda

Hometown: Ponchatoula, La. 

Connection to teammate: Twin Brothers

Qualifications: Firefighter

Twitter: @Eguiffreda

Name: Daniel Guiffreda

Hometown: Gonzales, La.

Connection to teammate: Twin Brothers

Qualifications: Firefighter
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Eric and Daniel Guiffreda (#TheFirefighters)

Eric

Hometown: Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic at Gonzales Fire Department
Three words that describe you: Focused, loyal, and corny. 
 What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 Awesome once-in-a-lifetime memories we will have forever and be able to share with our children as well as growing ever closer as we overcome new types of challenges and situations.

Daniel

Hometown: Gonzales, Louisiana
Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic
Three words that describe you: Loyal to family, ambitious, and committed.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 A chance to reconnect [with Eric] outside of the work environment, (we work at the same place) and put everything we have into accomplishing the same goal.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Biography

#TheFirefighters

Name: Eric Guiffreda

Twitter: @Eguiffreda

Hometown: Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic at Gonzales Fire Department

Describe what you do: Respond to any type of emergency call, medical emergencies, fires, car wrecks, and any rescue. I provide treatment and care to the injured and eliminate hazards.

Three words to describe you: Focused, loyal, and corny.

Favorite hobbies: Hunting, traveling, and spending as much time as possible with my wife and two daughters.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 Graduating as an honor graduate from Marine Corps Boot Camp and my two daughters. They are everything to me.

What scares you most about traveling?
 Nothing about travel scares me. I enjoy everything about it.

What excites you most about traveling?
 The unknown, the newness of each place, meeting different kinds of people, being away from the normal routine of life, and the feeling of freedom to see and try new things. And, no cell phones.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 I would love to visit Switzerland and see the Swiss Alps! They look awesome from pictures and to be able to ski and stay in a remote place on top of mountains.

Awesome once-in-a-lifetime memories we will have forever and be able to share with our children as well as growing ever closer as we overcome new types of challenges and situations.

Name: Daniel Guiffreda

Hometown: Gonzales, Louisiana

Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic

Describe what you do: I put the wet stuff on the hot stuff and when people are hurt I stabilize and transport them.

Three words to describe you: Loyal to family, ambitious, and committed.

Favorite hobbies: Camping, reading, and time with family outdoors.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 Being a husband and a dad. My family means more than any of the other things I have invested time in accomplishing. Second would probably be finishing paramedic school. It was brutal.

What excites you most about traveling?
 Seeing awesome places and engaging with other cultures. It's so nice to get outside of the same familiar box and experience new things.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 Palermo, Sicily. It is where my great grandparents came from and there is so much history there.

A chance to reconnect [with Eric] outside of the work environment, (we work at the same place) and put everything we have into accomplishing the same goal.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wm_o9cxCYok" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wm_o9cxCYok</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Gonzales firefighting twins to appear on CBS's 'The Amazing Race'

Published:Monday, December 11th 2017, 12:01 pm EST

Updated:Monday, December 11th 2017, 1:21 pm EST

By Robb Hays, News Director

and Lauren Westbrook, Anchor

GONZALES, LA (WAFB) -
Twin brothers who are Gonzales firefighters will appear in the next season of the CBS reality show "The Amazing Race," CBS announced Monday.

Daniel and Eric Guiffreda, 33, have both been with the Gonzales, LA Fire Department for eight years.

Eric said he lives in Prairieville and Daniel lives in Gonzales, but they are originally from Ponchatoula. He also said both of them served in the Marines and have deployed to Iraq. He added his brother is actually going back into the military as an Air Force chaplain.

Eric said his family has watched the show for years and his wife is the one who encouraged them to send in a submission. He added they did, but did not get a call back until 14 months later.

Although he could not reveal much about the locations where the show was filmed or what happens, he was able to give a few comments.

"I’m excited for everybody to be able to see the different places we experienced,” Eric Guiffreda said. "I wish everyone could do it at least once. It’s unique to see the world and not worry about anything."

He said he and his brother competed against world champion skiers, NBA players, and competitive eater, Joey Chestnut.

"We competed against some really good people. We’re all really good friends," Eric added.

He also said he and his brother were able to bring some Louisiana flair to the show.

"They picked on the way we talk a lot," Eric said jokingly.

READ MORE HERE:

http://www.wafb.com/story/37040005/gonzales-firefighting-twins-to-appear-on-cbss-the-amazing-race
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Really "meh" team. I hope karma takes you back sometime on the Race.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:50:39 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Really "meh" team. I hope karma takes you back sometime on the Race.

Relax!  :mas25

You need to do ANYTHING to win this game and if you need to play dirty, then you need to play dirty!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
How in the world does anyone think they played dirty? They did what the  awful twisty task required.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Haven't had such a boring team in a while.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Haven't had such a boring team in a while.

Matt and Daniel 2.0???

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I thought i wouldn't like them, but they survived and this is cool, because they are nice guys and have been nice to other people on the race. I'm happy they survived today.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
oh god, the puns...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move