Author Topic: TAR 30: Dessie Mitcheson & Kayla Fitzgerald (Friends) #TheRingGirls  (Read 6034 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Name: Dessie Mitcheson

Hometown: Apollo, Pa.

Connection to teammate: Friends

Qualifications: Ring girl and Instagram model

Instagram: @dessiemitcheson

Name: Kayla Fitzgerald

Hometown: Clermont, Fla.

Connection to teammate: Friends

Qualifications: Ring girl and Instagram model

Instagram: @kaylafitz3
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: Dessie Mitcheson & Kayla Fitzgerald (Friends) #TheRingGirls
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »

Dessie Mitcheson and Kayla Fitzgerald (#TheRingGirls)

Dessie

Hometown: Apollo, Pennsylvania
Current occupation: Model
Three words that describe you: Vibrant, sweet, and passionate.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 Besides the money, I'm excited to have the experience of a lifetime! I think we will gain confidence and knowledge. It's going to test us in the best way possible.

Kayla

Hometown: Clermont, Florida
Three words that describe you: Hardworking, outgoing, and loyal.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 Besides winning, I would like to experience different cultures and places around the world that I haven't yet and experience more adventures with my best friend. I'm a foodie so I'm also excited to get to try and experience different foods around the world that I normally wouldn't. Lastly, I'm hoping to learn more about myself and how far I can go to test my limitations.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
Biography

#TheRingGirls

Name: Dessie Mitcheson

Instagram: @dessiemitcheson

Hometown: Apollo, Pennsylvania

Describe what you do:  I am a full-time model! I do print, spokes-modeling, and promotional modeling.

Three words to describe you: Vibrant, sweet, and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: Golf, yoga, fishing, and boating.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 I am definitely most proud of one of my recent accomplishments of being named one of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit's Top 15. I shot with them, and walked in their first ever runway show debuting their brand new swimwear line.

What scares you most about traveling?
 Honestly, not much. I love to travel and explore.

What excites you most about traveling?
 EVERYTHING! Learning new things, meeting new people, and exploring different cultures and food!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 I would love to travel to Australia. It's always been on my bucket list. Everyone I know who has traveled there absolutely loved everything about it!

Besides the money, I'm excited to have the experience of a lifetime! I think we will gain confidence and knowledge. It's going to test us in the best way possible.

Name: Kayla Fitzgerald

Instagram: @kaylafitz3

Hometown: Clermont, Florida

Describe what you do: I am a professional print and commercial model and I also do promotional and spokes-modeling.

Three words to describe you: Hardworking, outgoing, and loyal.

Favorite hobbies: Yoga, boating, cooking, and sudoku puzzles.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 The biggest accomplishment of mine so far is shooting for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. I was also chosen to not only shoot, but walk in their first ever runway show during Miami Swim Week where they debuted their new swim line!

What scares you most about traveling?
 Not much, but if I had to choose something I would say thieves and shady people.

What excites you most about traveling?
 Learning about new and different cultures, new food, and the unknown.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 I would like to visit Barcelona because I think the architecture looks beautiful—as well as the beaches!

Besides winning, I would like to experience different cultures and places around the world that I haven't yet and experience more adventures with my best friend. I'm a foodie so I'm also excited to get to try and experience different foods around the world that I normally wouldn't. Lastly, I'm hoping to learn more about myself and how far I can go to test my limitations.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:20:53 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yyS9P7r_FuM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yyS9P7r_FuM</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:52:49 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »
And they're off! Two locals on board for seriously competitive season of CBS's 'The Amazing Race'

Maria Sciullo

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

6:15 AM

Dec 29, 2017

Growing up in Apollo, Dessie Mitcheson did a little of everything: gymnastics, track and field, diving, event golf. At Kiski Area High School, she was into the song-and-dance of musicals, too.

After cosmetology school, she got into modeling and competitive swimsuit competitions. Her bio notes she is an Instagram model.

Clearly, Ms. Mitcheson, 27, has energy to spare. As a contestant on CBS’s “The Amazing Race,” it looks as if she’ll need it because the 30th cycle of the Emmy Award-winning reality “race around the world” has brought its most A-personality teams yet.

There are Indy race car drivers, former NBA players, X-Game ski champions (that would be Uniontown native Kristi Leskinen and partner Jen Hudak), even professionals in the world of competitive eating.

The season begins 8 p.m. Wednesday with a leg that begins in New York City’s Washington Square. First stop: Iceland.

“We had no idea [it would be a season of ‘champions’]” said Ms. Mitcheson. “Right before the show started, we were eyeing up all these people. The only thing I knew was, there is normally an older person or two, and Kayla [Fitzgerald] and I noticed there were no older people.”

“This is, without a doubt,” the most competitive cast ever, and these people are used to winning in their chosen fields,” said Phil Keoghan, longtime host.

Ms. Mitcheson said she has watched the show for years. Although she previously tried out with her father, her brother and a cousin — “I guess no one wanted my family,” she said, laughing — she was finally cast with friend and fellow model Ms. Fitzgerald, who is from Clermont, Fla.

Strictly embargoed from discussing the unaired adventure, Ms. Mitcheson did allow that “that first leg of the Race was definitely more physically and psychologically challenging than I expected.”

Any tips gleaned from watching the show for years went out the window.

“We were doing a lot of planning on that first flight — what to do in the airport, looking up directions, trying to ask people and hoping they’d been to our destination. But as soon as we got there, it didn’t matter,” she said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2017/12/29/The-Amazing-Race-Pittsburgh-Mitcheson-Leskinen/stories/201712300006
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-et-amazing-race-thrills-clermont-contestant-20180101-story.html

By Hal Boedeker•Contact Reporter
Orlando Sentinel

January 1, 2018, 9:25 AM

Kayla Fitzgerald of Clermont had never done reality television, but she had a long knowledge of “The Amazing Race” before becoming a contestant on season 30.

“I’ve been a fan of the show for as long as I can remember,” said Fitzgerald, 26, who now lives in Los Angeles. “My family is really big fans of the show. So I’ve probably watched it since I was 10.”

Fitzgerald and pal Dessie Mitcheson, 27, of Apollo, Pa., form one of the 11 teams competing for $1 million on the CBS reality contest. The season premiere, at 8 p.m. Wednesday, starts in Washington Square Park in New York City, then shifts to Iceland. Contestants visit 21 cities in 10 countries while traveling 29,000 miles.

“I think it’s just cool that you get to see different parts of the world,” Fitzgerald said. She spoke with awe about “anything that has to do with jumping off a building or doing things with exotic animals or eating weird food.”
Read more!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 12:06:58 AM »
Exit Interview with the Ring Girls by Parade.com

Let’s talk about the rest of your race. When you left the Roadblock, you were in a comfortable position. But we see you get to the strong people in near-last place. What happened between those two tasks?
Kayla: Like Dessie said, we were the sixth team to do the traversing. We finished that before Team Well-Strung, and we got to the Roadblock right after them. So we were in between sixth and seventh place for a good majority of the [leg]. Dessie left the Roadblock after trying it three times, maybe four. We left from there and got straight to the Icelandic strong people. We had just seen the “Green Goblins,” who we call the competitive eaters [Joey Chestnut and Tim Janus], and we thought, “Here’s the Green Goblins. We’re here; we got this! Let’s find parking; we’re right where we need to be.” Well, everything in Iceland had the same colors as The Amazing Race, so everything looked like marked parking. We couldn’t find the actual marked parking, and we drove around in that circle for probably an hour and fifteen minutes. We couldn’t find parking for the life of us. It was all one-way streets, and every time we asked somebody for directions, they would say, “Oh, you can’t go there. We don’t know how to get there.” Essentially, that was the demise of [the Ring Girls]. (Laughs.)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 09:10:05 AM »
Bummed they went out by a mere size of a ruler or a fraction of a second. They were a bundle of fun, Dessie should have dropped her bags instead of carrying them to the Pit Stop. #TeamMitchFitz
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:24:06 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 04:00:53 AM »
(I forgot this board existed.)

Oh, so Dessie's bag was locked up. :o I didn't notice the socks falling off though.

They were an athletic duo, and I wish I saw more from them. :(