Author Topic: TAR 30: Alexander Rossi & Conor Daly (IndyCar Drivers/Friends) #TeamIndyCar  (Read 42638 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Name: Alexander Rossi

Hometown: Indianapolis, Ind.

Connection to teammate: IndyCar drivers and friends

Qualifications: Indianapolis 500 winner 2016

Instagram: @alexanderrossi

Twitter: @AlexanderRossi

Name: Conor Daly

Hometown: Indianapolis, Ind.

Connection to teammate: IndyCar drivers and friends

Qualifications: Placed 2nd in the Detroit Grand Prix

Instagram: @conordaly22

Twitter: @conordaly22
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Alex Rossi and Conor Daly (#TeamIndyCar)

Alex

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana
Current occupation: IndyCar Driver
Three words that describe you: Competitive, adaptive, and diverse.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 The ability to check the box of one of life's great opportunities. We are always seeking adrenaline-filled experiences outside of a race car and I hope to have lots of those experiences on Race.

Conor

Current occupation: IndyCar Driver
Three words that describe you: Funny, outgoing, and compassionate.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 I hope to gain some new skills I never thought I’d have by encountering challenges along the way. I also hope to gain some more fans for both Alex and me and IndyCar racing.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Biography

#TeamIndyCar

Name: Alexander Rossi

Instagram: @alexanderrossi
Twitter: @AlexanderRossi

Current occupation: IndyCar driver

Describe what you do: I am a professional race car driver for Andretti Autosport, driving the NAPA Auto Parts Honda in the IndyCar Series, the premiere open-wheel racing series in the United States.

Three words to describe you: Competitive, adaptive, and diverse.

Favorite hobbies: Downhill skiing and mountain biking.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 Winning the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 in 2016.

What scares you most about traveling?
 Food poisoning.

What excites you most about traveling?
 Seeing the beauty of the world.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 Fiji or Thailand. They seem like they have some of the most amazing natural landscapes.

The ability to check the box of one of life's great opportunities. We are always seeking adrenaline-filled experiences outside of a race car and I hope to have lots of those experiences on the Race.

Name: Conor Daly

Instagram: @conordaly22
Twitter: @conordaly22

Current occupation: IndyCar driver

Describe what you do: I am a race car driver in the Verizon IndyCar Series.

Three words to describe you: Funny, outgoing, and compassionate.

Favorite hobbies: Xbox, any sport, preferably basketball, go-karting.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 Becoming an IndyCar driver and competing in the Indianapolis 500. It was always my dream to make money driving race cars.

What scares you most about traveling?
 Unfriendly Customs agents.

What excites you most about traveling?
 New opportunities to experience the world.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 New Zealand because it looks awesome. Or basically any tropical island because I've never been to nice places like the Maldives or Belize. I really want to chill on a remote beach with crystal clear water.

I hope to gain some new skills I never thought I'd have by encountering challenges along the way. I also hope to gain some more fans for both Alex and me and IndyCar racing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:59:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tTbuZ2Cpu-I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tTbuZ2Cpu-I</a>

Thanks Will!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:24:18 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WOW!!

Alex Rossi and Conor Daly fought a lot while filming ‘Amazing Race’

By Lindsey Kupfer

January 1, 2018 | 11:12am

Alex Rossi and Conor Daly are IndyCar drivers, roommates and now teammates on the upcoming season of “The Amazing Race,” so it’s no surprise that spending that much time together led to some fighting during filming.

“We argued all the time. It could either look like we really hate each other or we resolve our problems really quickly,” Daly, 26, told Page Six. “We’re just so competitive we’ll be angry, but in 10 seconds we’ll be like, ‘OK, cool, we did that, let’s go.'”

He added, “I think it’s just our sheer competitiveness and our frustration with the lack of information around us because [IndyCar] racing is so much about being prepared, having as much knowledge as possible and in [“The Amazing Race”] you have no preparation, you have no knowledge of anything and you just kind of gotta do it.”

Rossi told us that despite the disagreements along the way, he wouldn’t have done better with anyone else as his partner.

“We kind of complemented each other very well,” said Rossi, 26. “His strengths are kind of my weaknesses and vice versa.”

Rossi says the worst part of the whole competition for him wasn’t the physical demands of the challenges, which they were both well-prepared for, but the fact he couldn’t listen to music.

“You forget how much music is a part of your daily life and to have that completely taken away was probably the hardest part, more than my phone being gone,” he said. “Just being in silence for that many hours a day.”

For Daly, the hardest part of the competition was being without his phone, especially since he came home to some hard news that he’d been dropped by his racing company and may not be able to race in the 2018 season.

“Not really something I expected, but that’s part of our sport,” Daly said. “There’s still time. We’re still in the off-season, I’m still a free agent.”

He added, optimistically, “In the end it all pays off, it all works because it was worth doing.”

Rossi and Daly first met in 2007 at a race and lived together while competing in Europe.

“The Amazing Race” premieres Jan. 3 on CBS.

https://article.wn.com/view/2018/01/01/alex_rossi_and_conor_daly_fought_a_lot_while_filming_8216ama/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
He got dropped... why???

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
Very nice article on Team Indy and The Amazing Race.

Rossi, Daly seeking 'Amazing' exposure for INDYCAR
By Jeff Olson | Published: Jan 9, 2018

Excerpt:
For those who haven’t seen it, “The Amazing Race” is different from your average reality show. Instead of a straight-up competition, it has layers of nuance and complications. It’s beautifully filmed; when the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program was introduced in 2003, “The Amazing Race” won the first seven. The show relies on the relationships of the team members to create the faux drama. For Rossi and Daly, whose everyday back-and-forth is entertaining enough, the situations of the show serve as a backdrop for their banter.

For the Verizon IndyCar Series, though, the show is priceless.

“It shows how the relevance of the series and the championship is growing,” said Rossi, the 2016 Indy 500 winner who will drive the No. 27 Andretti Autosport Honda this season. “This is two straight back-to-back offseasons where INDYCAR drivers have been on major network reality TV shows (following James Hinchcliffe's runner-up performance on "Dancing with the Stars" in the fall of 2016). That’s a very positive sign. I was honored that I was recommended to do it. It’s been a crazy experience.”

Full Article:
http://www.indycar.com/News/2018/01/01-09-Voices-Olson

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
They are my favourite team this season. I've never seen a team look so much like my brother and I.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
They are my favourite team this season. I've never seen a team look so much like my brother and I.

Same here! They both remind me of the friendship that I have with a college friend whom I consider a brother.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:46:59 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Conor at the Baguette Detour: "I hate not being able to do things, and if I'm not succeeding, I hate it." Also, at the Pit Stop in Leg 5, when he said (pertaining to Lucas & Brittany's engagement) "I won't be seeing those anytime soon for me." This is definitely me. The way he acts is like me. Like him, I'm single and not ready to date women anytime. Alex on the other hand also depicts another side of me. He is frank with Conor when he gets irritated when he is not doing things as he should, the same way as I am to my friends. Of the 30 Seasons on TAR, Alex & Conor are the only team that really depict my personality and attitude. They both love cars and I used to race as well during my pre-teenage years & teenage years but I did not continue racing as the sport is very costly. But I am more of a Conor.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:05:53 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Same goes for me, but i'm Conor and my brother is Alex.

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
But Conor is an idiot saying we shouldn't follow speed limits...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
that was a joke lol

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster

I've lost my driver's license for drinking and driving.

Even when we're stupid, we look alike.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Alexander Rossi & Conor Daly (IndyCar Drivers/Friends) #TeamIndyCar
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
Poor Conor being singled out almost every week. Phil is just out to get him :evil:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »
Can't remember anytime i've cheered SO MUCH for a single team in my TAR life.

GO ALEX & CONOR!
Show content
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:34:05 PM by Declive »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
For a number of seasons TPTB looked for a team to cast with the irrelevant best friends humor that they had with Drew and Kevin in season 1, 17 years ago.

They finally found one with Alex and Conor. They really have been a delightful team to watch this season. And Conor has the best quips as shown with the episode titles this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
I love Conor's soundbites, too! :cmaslol
With every episode, they have been growing on me. I was really indifferent towards them at first, then started to think they were pretty funny, and now I just find them and their commentary so relatable!

They're both really cool guys, definitely one of my favorite M/M teams in a long time.

... if only Phil wasn't always so corny with them at the mat...

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 10:12:04 PM »
These 2 amaze me more as they progress onto the Race. Apart from being relatable. Definitely one of my favorite teams and my top pick of out of all the M/M teams in the US version.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:10 PM »
And very charming in person!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
And very charming in person!

It would be awesome just to get to know them. Conor is like me, with exception of the eye color. Personality...everything. And Alex is my older brother in personality and in looks. That is so crazy. I feel like one of them.

GO ALEX & CONOR!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 07:38:14 PM »
Phil: You have won a trip for 2 to Curçao!
Conor: ...where's that

:lol:

Honestly my favorite M/M team ever. Which is surprising because I did not care for them at ALL for the first half of the season.

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 07:58:42 PM »
Apart from one dumb and stupid comment, I REALLY am rooting for these guys!!!  :jumpy: