Author Topic: SMD ( Spoiler of Mass Destruction)  (Read 10033 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
SMD ( Spoiler of Mass Destruction)
« on: September 15, 2004, 08:35:53 PM »
This is especially for marv..here you go marv..hope you enjoy it marv..anything else I can do for you , marv ? don't hesitate to ask.. 8-)'

Sucks

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Amazing Race 5, Episode 11
Rotorua (New Zealand) - Manila (Philippines) - Cavite Province (Philippines) - Victoria (Philippines) - Manila (Philippines)

(Spoiler warning: Usually I talk about what has just happened on The Amazing Race , but this week I'm going to talk mostly about what is about to happen in the race. If you don't want to know what country The Amazing Race 5 visits next, on its way back to the USA, don't read this article. If you don't want to know, as master of ceremonies Phil Keoghan asks at the start of each episode, "Which team will be eliminated... next?", don't look at the photos below.)

Judging from the volume of comments in my blog -- in English, Tagalog, and (mostly) Taglish -- there is no country where the televised visit of The Amazing Race (the real visit, of course, having been more than 6 months ago) has been as eagerly anticipated and enthusiatically welcomed as the Philippines, where the racers stopped for the first of two Philippine "pit stops" at the end of tonight's episode:

As for the show I think it's great that they had the contestants partake in situations that are unique to Philippine culture like decorating the jeepney! Also the fact that they were sent out to rural farming areas and yet there were people there who could communicate in English! I certainly hope this show brings an increased awareness of what the Philippines might be like. As you heard Nicole say, "I don't know anything about the Philippines" with Brandon replying, "All I know is that it's an island." I hope the viewers will come away with more than just that!

It certainly makes me look forward to my own first visit to the Philippines, which I'm planning (with help from the Moon Handbooks: Philippines by my friend Carl Parkes , whose award-winnning Moon Handbooks: Southeast Asia has proven itself on my previous visits to the region to be a far superior guidebook for my tastes than its better-known competitors ) for the end of the year.

Only one other country, not yet visited by the race, has generated greater interest in the race, both by those who hope the race will pay a visit and those who hope to be considered for the cast in spite of not being citizens of the USA: Canada.

I don't control the producers of this or any other television show, and I can't change the rules they have imposed (presumably because they think these rules will maximize viewership and revenues, although there are some other possible partial excuses) that prohibit Canadian citizens from being given a change to show that they are more skillful travellers than people from the USA.

I can, however, offer Canadians half a loaf of hope: there still won't be any Canadians in the race, but in next week's two-hour season finale, the final three teams will stop in Canada en route back to the finish line in the USA.

As I've previously reported, an eyewitness spotted the racers in Canada, figured out what was happening, and sent me this description of one of the challenges as well as these photos of all of the remaining racers, after the final elimination (at the second of the pit stops in the Philippines) narrows the field to three teams:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an eyewitness report:

Quote:
Eyewitness to the final episode of "The Amazing Race 5"
If you aren't off travelling yourself (and maybe if you are), it's time for a summer of armchair travel around the world:

Broadcasts in the USA of the latest season of the CBS reality-TV show about around-the-world travel, The Amazing Race 5 , start Tuesday (tomorrow), 6 July 2004, at 9:30 p.m. EDT/PDT, 8:30 p.m. CDT/MDT, with the final episode tentatively scheduled for broadcast 21 September 2004. Canadian broadcasts will (mostly) be on the same days; broadcast schedules in other countries vary. (Some countries are several seasons behind.) Enjoy, learn -- and get inspired to travel!

Once again, of course, I'll be filing weekly columns the morning after each episode is broadcast (with the possible exception of a couple of weeks in the middle when I may be travelling outside the broadcast area and/or out of Internet connectivity).

This season CBS, for reasons that remain a mystery to me, put out press releases listing the locations of all the pit stops where the race stops. But don't worry: I think guessing where the racers are going is part of the fun, and I won't spoil it for you. If you really want to know, you can find listings elsewhere on the Internet, but you'll also find some extremely detailed and credible-seeming, but false, rumors and mistaken reports of sightings in places the race didn't go.

How do I know? I've got the scoop. One of my correspondents sent me an exclusive account of part of the final leg of the race, along with clearly recognizable photos of the final three teams.

No, I'm not going to tell you who they are now, and I'm not going to post the photos until the final week of the race. [14 September 2004: I've now posted the photos here .] Keep your own eyes peeled: "The Amazing Race 6" is being filmed this summer, for broadcast in a new time slot on Saturday night this fall, so now is the time to be watching for the yellow-and red flags wherever you go, especially around airports. But to tease you, and get you thinking about what it must really be like when the race comes through, here's what it was like for one eyewitness:

Finding a parking spot along our main street is always difficult. When one becomes available, locals are quick to grab it. When there's two or more empty spots in a row, you know something's going on -- either town operations is hanging Christmas lights or there's a film crew in town. On a recent day I spotted a row of empty spaces. It was after December, so it wasn't the Christmas lights scenario, and the only film crew in town I knew of had just finished shooting, so I was intrigued. The most obvious thing about the shoot was what wasn't in town -- the big rental trucks, the satellitte dishes, the change trailers, and frantic crew running around with cell phones stuck to their ears.

Two things about a guy leaning against a shop window caught my eye. Firstly, it was a cold day and he was outside reading the paper. Secondly, no one takes that long to read the local paper. I wandered over and asked him directions. He said he was from out of town, on vacation from California. With a walkie-talkie in his top pocket? Not likely, I thought.

I'd found out that filming was to be done in two locations. One was along the main street, the second in a parking lot by the river. I had no idea how soon the action would start, but it was obvious the downtown stop would be a quick one, and the main event would be out of sight of the public. I went home, changed into an outfit that screamed "tourist", bought a disposable
camera to complete the look, and headed off to the second filming site.

All entrances were manned by official security, so I disappeared into the woods and "accidentally" emerged in the middle a film crew preparing for the shoot. I ignored the spectacle and casually wandered along the riverbank, taking my first ever pictures with a disposable camera. A plain-clothes security guy wandered over, seemingly unconcerned, and asked what I was doing. After telling him I was on my honeymoon and how beautiful the river was, and that I was waiting for the sun to come out to take a photo, he wished me well. I asked what was going on, and he said they were filming a documentary, and that I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the set.

I had no idea how long until filming would begin, but I realized I had a unique opportunity to watch the action if I was in the right place and if I was cautious. It was cold, snow was beginning to fall, and the light was fading. It was time to get serious. I returned home, changed into some practical winter clothes, and loaded up my regular camera with fast film and a 600mm lens.

Two big black SUVs with rental plates greeted me in an otherwise empty parking lot across the river from the film site. I parked up the hill and slipped into the woods. High above, I could hear voices of what was obviously security, not allowing anyone to stop along a short stretch of road. By this time I had arrived at a narrow ridge, from where the entire filming set was laid out below and across the river. I snapped a few shots, then decided to move a little further along, where the brush was thicker. Even though my angle for watching the action was perfect, it hadn't crossed my mind there'd be a camera set up on "my" side of the river, but there it was, with two cameramen, a stone's throw from my own vantage point. I quietly retreated to my original spot. Over the next hour, there was little action across the river -- just an occasional crew member checking equipment, the supporting cast milling around a fire in traditional dress, and the crackle of walkie-talkies as the security guys above me patrolled the road.

Finally, a black SUV with tinted windows pulled up, with two well dressed guys jumping out and barking orders. Three teams of two arrived in quick succession, with one member of each team working on a challenge under the watchful eye of locals with thousands of years experience at the task. Each team was followed by separate film crews, getting up close and personal to capture the struggle, then panning out to capture tethered horses that were no more than props, benches covered in sheets to keep the wilderness look, and across the river to where I was hidden away. And then it was over. It was getting dark and I couldn't see who was who as the six competitors and 30-odd crew seemed to be casually mingling.

The entire parking lot was empty within an hour. I'd heard the nearby cameramen pack up long ago, so I headed back up the hill to my vehicle, chilled to the bone, but with two rolls of film to be developed and the satisfaction of having watched reality TV firsthand.
the vidcaps can be viewed here

The spoiler photos are on my Web site at:
http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000375.html

There are more detailed photos showing the location, setutp, production crew, and the racers doing the challenge at:
http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000376.html

And there is a description (posted before the season began) of how these photos were taken at:
http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000265.html

See my Web site for the rest of my weekly columns on each episode of the race since the first season:
http://hasbrouck.org/amazingrace
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 06:07:35 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: SMD ( Spoiler of Mass Destruction)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 08:41:47 PM »
I don't know if this has been brought up ... it's the weekly chat with Wanda from E! Online ...

Quote:
From wendylee: Any scoop on The Amazing Race?
Actually, yes. Some very interesting dish: Sources tell me that Chip and Kim are the only couple invited to represent the show at this month's Emmys, with full limo treatment from the O.C. and all. Do you think they would get this type of treatment if they were losers? Also, it's pretty obvious that the show's editors are setting them up as the heroes, and Colin and Christie as the evildoers. Sorta makes you go hmmm, hmmm?

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:29:02 AM »
no ****ty?? Thanks

it looked like  cc and bn in the final

Offline dglazer67

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 12:56:12 AM »
That is too cool--any idea where in Canada it was????  Way up north or on the Prairies?

Offline dglazer67

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 01:00:33 AM »
I checked it out--it was Banff, Alberta that they did the pitstop--looks like the moms are out.  Too bad.

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 02:39:40 AM »
Yeah...... I hope Chip and Kim vs Brandon and Nicole in the final

but  I supsect that Chip and kim will elminted after The Mom.
CC and BN will be in the final ... anyone agrees with me???

I hope it is wrong!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »
No..I think Chip n Kim win!! At least thats what the Spoilers are telling us ..thats if your a sucker for Spoilers like I am ??

Chatter
Seraphaem (Famous for spoilers)  *()*
And now the race comes
To the end of the road
One couple, one million
For the rest a bad abode

The cross and the nail
Of Jesus shall forsaken
by cold sleet and hail
B & R shall be taken

The rocks of high heaven
To the top they must go
The two mothers are weak
And their spirits too slow

Of true good & great evil
Behold the grand battle
Tapewatcher had it pegged
C & K high in the saddle

Seraphaem

:)X

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 03:01:25 PM »
Are ya kidding me??   I will wait until next week to check the spolier fourm again. if it is true!!!

"Big fan of Chip & Kim"

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 07:51:01 PM »
I tried to look around dallas news (old news)  I seem that i cant find it.. damn!

thats where they will finished in dallas if i m correct

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 08:06:07 PM »
I believe its Denver ,Marv
BRB

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 08:15:28 PM »
bumped from a older spoiler topic
Tall curly-haired male and long brown haired female spotted at Denver Airport, described as Flo and Zach redux, undoubtedly Brandon and Nicole in final 3  From FORT:
My friend from NYC flew in to visit me for the weekend.
While she did her plane swap in Denver, she spotted two people with large backpacks...who were VERY angry with each other...in a huge hurry and asking for directions. They had a camera man filming them and another guy helping him.
The male was tall and had curly blonde hair.. my friend said she'd recognize him by his hair if she saw him again. The woman was smaller, but she didn't tell me anything other than the woman was standing off to the side seriously pissed off about something while the guy was looking for directions.

I realize it could be some OTHER reality/whatever show.. who knows?! But since the description matched one of the teams in the earlier spoiler, I decided to share it with y'all. This was Friday, February 27, around noon Denver time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something New, check this site out !!

http://www.hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000376.html

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 04:43:37 AM »
i got rumors tthat chip and kim are elminted also , they are going to emmy award??? is that true?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 11:40:16 AM »
Marv I really don't know who wins ? What spoiler did you read about C&K? Would you post it? thanks..

from above,

I don't know if this has been brought up ... it's the weekly chat with Wanda from E! Online ...

Quote:
From wendylee: Any scoop on The Amazing Race?
Actually, yes. Some very interesting dish: Sources tell me that Chip and Kim are the only couple invited to represent the show at this month's Emmys, with full limo treatment from the O.C. and all. Do you think they would get this type of treatment if they were losers? Also, it's pretty obvious that the show's editors are setting them up as the heroes, and Colin and Christie as the evildoers. Sorta makes you go hmmm, hmmm?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 10:07:13 PM »
Amazing Race heads for Canada :)_{}

BILL BRIOUX, SUN MEDIA

The Amazing Race concludes Tuesday - and Canada is near the finish line. CTV revealed yesterday that three Canadian stops will be featured on the two-hour finale, which starts at 9 p.m. on Cable 2.

The four remaining teams are lovebirds Colin Guinn and Christie Woods, parents Chip and Kim McAllister, best friends Linda Ruiz and Karen Heins, and daters Brandon Davidson and Nicole O'Brian.

They will have to stop at Banff's Sunshine Village, climb to the Continental Divide and visit the Olympic Stadium in Calgary.

Only three of the final four teams will compete in the final hour. By the end they will have raced a total of 72,000 miles. At stake is a $1-million US prize.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/Entertainment/2004/09/18/633919.html

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 11:17:50 AM »
marv i heard a rumor dennis and erika win.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 01:40:27 PM »
 :)* Cole your soooo bad. How are you feeling sweetie  :-* I'm missing you real bad  (#)

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 06:36:24 PM »
Thanks marv ..good job .. *()*
It must have been some party ..I heard that Chip N Kim were very happy ..about something  8-)' ??

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 07:53:35 PM »
 we have our final 3.

BRANDON/NICOLE were spotted in Denver
COLIN/CHRISTIE were spotted in Banff
CHIP/KIM were spotted on a bus from Banff to Calgary

Speculation is the Bowling Moms are eliminated in Manila or Palawan.

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 01:54:15 AM »
I found other fourms , more pics at emmy awards
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/1783.shtml#9

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 03:59:30 PM »
There are a lot of holes in what we seem to know, but that makes the viewing interesting: to see where we have gone wrong and where we have misinterpreted what we have seen. So to begin:
The four remaining teams will start at the pit stop at the Coconut Palace in Manila. All of the teams seemed to arrive within a short time of eachother and all teams arrived before sunset which comes ate 6:02PM in mid-February. So the four teams will depart in the darkness of the early morning (we do have one shot of Brandon and Nicole wearing red which we see them in later in the day in a taxi probably headed for the Manila Airport since Nicole is holding a Blue Route marker) And we have advance information that the next pit stop according to the CBS release is at the Lagen Island Resort at El Nido on Palawan island (about an hour and a half flight from Manila) According to El Nido website, it is a diving and snorkling center, and direct access from the Manila Airport to the airport in El Nido is by charter flights using a 19-seat Dornier 328 TurboProp plane. The charter flights leave at 7:30AM and 3:00PM. We have a scene of the Bowling Moms running from a small aircraft but it is a different plane than the ones used in the charters mentioned by El Nido. So perhaps once again the producers have arranged additional charter flights from Manila to El Nido.

We might assume that the first two teams to leave the Coconut Palace are Chip and Kim and the Bowling Moms. We see them next in outrigger boats speeding toward a large rock which we are told is the Roadblock: a team member must climb up 45meters. And we have seen Chip and one of the Bowling Moms working on the climb more or less at the same time. Kim is the lookout below and keeps telling us that Colin and Christie are still not in sight. This adds evidence that the Christians and Colin/Christie are on a second charter flight and are still not on the boat yet. Later we do have scenes of these two teams on boats headed out across the water. Interestingly, these two teams C/C and B/N are not wearing life vests; while earlier both C/K and K/L were wearing vests.

Following the Roadblock we may have a Detour task one of which is to dive down into the bay and find a large clam (artifical) and retreave a clue from it. We have seen Chip doing the dive and opening the clamshell. In another shot we have a trim female diving (not one of the bowling moms) she then surfaces holding the yellow clue envelop above her head and screaming "I found it!" This could either be Christie or Nicole and it is not clear which.

If this is a Detour, we don't know what the other task is. But it may be that both the Bowling Moms and Colin/Christie are off in another direction. And this may be the spot that Colin/Christie who know they are running late find themselves barely in front of K/L and use the Yield on them to put them back behind them and eventually the last to arrive at the Lagen Island Resort Pitstop! This would account for the fact that in EP 13 only three teams have been identified: B/N, C/C, and C/K. But again CBS may be pulling a massive bit of misdirection on us and have the El Nido stop merely a rest overnight stop and not an actual pitstop with the elimination of one team. But unless everything we have seen from Canada is a complete fabrication, the Bowling Moms must be eliminated at the end of Leg 12.

So here we are at the Lagen Island Resort for the evening. No idea how long the overnight stop lasts but there probably is a bunching up again for a charter flight to Manila and then a scramble for flights on to Calgary. From Manila the best connections would be flights on Northwest Airlines (and we do have a nice shot of a Northwest Airlines 747 banking away from the camera) from Manila to Tokyo to Seattle to Calgary. The flight leaves MNL at 8:20AM connects in NRT at 3:05PM and in SEA at 9:50AM and arrives in Calgary at 12:23PM. (If you are confused on the flight times, remember that the teams will be crossing the International Dateline from West to East and will repeat the day - its a long flight!) But if the teams arrive about 12:30PM they would get to Banff about the time our observer says they did (and since the three teams are reported to arrive within 5 minutes of eachother, they most obviously bunched up on the flights from Manila to Calgary.

Now we know that the Roadblock is the building of the TeePee since we have pictures of only Brandon, Chip and Colin working on this task.

They then go on to the Canada Olympic Park (COP) for Detour Tasks. We have pictures of Christie and Colin making their way UP a hill on skis and it is still daylight out (in fact there is a fairly long shadow being cast so it is probably getting near to 6:06PM sunset time.) You can see a yellow and red route marker flag in the background.

So perhaps all teams have to use skis to reach the top of the hill where the Detour task info is waiting for them. One Detour task may be to ride a mountain bike down a ski trail to the bottom where they will get the next clue. This is where Brandon and Nicole have the famous breakdown. The other task looks like it is a ride down the luge shoot. Shorter but faster and a hellva lot more scarey task to perform. We have Chip and perhaps Kim doing this task. Colin and Christie may be still walking up the hill by now and it is quite dark out now and both the downhill ski/bike trail and the Luge shoot are brightly lit.

No pit stop here, the teams now probably are told to make their way to the final finishing spot in Dallas, Texas. (No idea yet on where in the Dallas metro area this could be: Texas stadium? Texas motor speedway? Cotton Bowl? State Fair Grounds with Big Tex watching from high?

We have one note of Brandon and Nicole spotted in Denver airport. But the best bet is a direct non-stop flight on American Airlines from Calgary to DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth) which leaves at 06:53AM and arrives in Dallas at 11:40AM.

There is a United Airlines flight leaving at 7:00AM arriving in Denver at 9:15AM and then on to Dallas arriving at 1:07PM

There do not seem to be any flights leaving Calgary after 3:30PM that connect with flights to Dallas. (I will check again and see if there are later flights out of Calgary to Denver or somewhere else where they could connect with an early morning flight to Dallas.)

Some clues: we have a shot of Colin looking depressed in front of an United Airlines sign. Did he miss a flight, or did he find out that the American Airlines flight was full and that Chip and Kim are already on the way to the promised land? It is obvious from out clues that Brandon and Nicole did not make the direct American flight since they were spotted at the Denver Airport.

That's all I have for now. TES is usually very good at providing some additional information which has not been shown before. I will check tomorrow and see if we can gather another clue or two.

by Gingerman28

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 04:37:38 PM »
Good find marv .. I only ask that you give credit to the source ,I believe that Gingerman28 is a regular poster @ Reality Tv World    :)_{}