Author Topic: TAR 30: ALL SCHEDULING INFO HERE! >>RESUMES JAN 3!  (Read 25003 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 30: Spec on scheduling
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 03:23:27 PM »
If we got our old Sunday timeslot back, I would regain a lot of hope in TAR's future.
But yeah... probably not as likely as one would wish.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
Why are all of you hoping for sunday? I track ratings and it's pretty much a dead zone right now too ratings wise :lol:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »
Yeah, Sunday is certainly dead. Football overruns frustrated people very much, causing them to look for other shows airing at other days.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:17 PM »
Sundays have become a problem for the broadcast nets as the pay cable channels, and some other cable channels as well, are airing the shows on Sunday nights rather than Saturday nights. Starz made this switch in the spring, Showtime has as well, and HBO has done it for a while.
-- theschnauzers

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 02:46:27 AM »
There's also the Winter TCA Press Tour in January if we don't hear from them during upfronts.

CBS' is on 01/06. Hopefully we won't have to wait for that long for some news.
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
Why are all of you hoping for sunday? I track ratings and it's pretty much a dead zone right now too ratings wise :lol:

I was just throwing Sundays at 8 out there because it's literally the only slot available, besides Wednesdays between survivors. Everything else on CBS's sked has a full season order, which means we're probably going to be given another April or so premiere date, after the full season of something.  Sunday's ratings are down for most everyone, but CBS in particular is feeling the burn this year.

Edit: interesting news just came out
 CBS has just expanded the order for Elementary this season, going from 13 to 21 episodes. That means Elemantary is likely to be back on the schedule very soon, perhaps in place of Wisdom of the crowd.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:41:48 AM by TheRabbi »

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
This probably wont happen, but maybe they will put The Amazing Race after each episode of Celebrity Big Brother. That means it would run 3 times a week after Celebrity Big Brother. That would make it finish within a month

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 05:25:52 PM »
I hope that doesn't happen, cause it would definitely feel like they're trying to burn off the show. :lol:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 05:55:07 PM »
I hope that doesn't happen, cause it would definitely feel like they're trying to burn off the show. :lol:

That was a thought I had last season when they gave us two back-to-back weeks (Didn't feel like Tanzania 2 and Norway were intended to go together). It never happens more than once a season :lol:

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »
Edit: I was looking at an article form last year oops

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 11:49:12 PM »
No schedule announced on the 30th. Weird. Hoping for news to come soon though!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 12:57:36 AM »
No schedule announced on the 30th. Weird. Hoping for news to come soon though!

First week of December is more likely.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
Glad its soon, but sad it will only be through 8 weeks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 12:42:46 PM »
In addition, The Amazing Race will airs its 30th season (featuring Big Brother 19 couple Cody and Jessica) at the start of 2018 with a very condensed schedule. The race begins Wednesday, January 3 at 8/7c, but moves to 9/8c when CBB begins in February. TAR will also include many two-hour episodes, leading to a season finale on Wednesday, February 21 at 9/8c.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/cbs-sets-premiere-dates-for-ce-67005.aspx

Survivor returns Feb 28th at 8. Our time slot has not been announced, could be 9. And of course could change along the way.

Per Deadline:
In addition to limited-run celebrity Big Brother, with Julie Chen on board to host. CBS also will air a new installment of its popular reality completion  series The Amazing Race against the Olympics, which debuts Jan. 3.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/cbs-slates-celebrity-big-brother-against-winter-olympics-sets-instinct-living-biblically-premiere-dates-1202218252/

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:54:20 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »
it's 8 weeks and FOUR 2-hour episodes

Wednesday, Jan. 3
8-9 PM — THE AMAZING RACE (30th Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Jan. 24
8-10 PM — THE AMAZING RACE (2-Hour Episode)

Wednesday, Feb. 7
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER (Celebrity Edition Premiere)
9-11 PM — THE AMAZING RACE (2-Hour Episode)

Wednesday, Feb. 14
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER
9-11 PM — THE AMAZING RACE (2-Hour Episode)

Wednesday, Feb. 21
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER
9-11 PM –THE AMAZING RACE (Season Finale)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:57:29 PM by ShelbysHat »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Spec on scheduling RESUMES JAN 3!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »
Color me stoked! Ratings for tv are higher in January and February than they are in the spring. Plus airing in February sweeps, in a prime time slot. This is clearly NOT burnoff by CBS, despite all the 2 hour episodes. Burnoff would have been slotting a different show in on Wednesdays and airing the race on Saturdays or something.

Get pumped! So 4 of the 8 weeks are 2 hours. A few weeks are running against the Olympics, but this is still very positive news.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 12:59:04 PM »
Yes just corrected. Deadline's initial post was...confusing.

Still 11 EPS if we air 1 hour weekly between Jan 3 and the 2 hr Jan 24 . Skipping Jan 31? Perhaps we still have not seen a full schedule??

This brings up the question:

Were they originally planning to use us again later in spring? If so, will we see another season film asap? ???

We know they were VERY glad they had 29 to fill in a BIG hole in the schedule last time. Would love us to be ready!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:10:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 01:03:06 PM »
Yes just corrected. Deadline's initial post was...confudsig.

Still 11 EPS.

Were they originally planning to use us again later in spring? If so, will we see another season film asap? ???

We know they were VERY gad they had 29 to fill in a BIG hole in the schedule last time. Would love us to be ready!

Or they just want it out of the way and done with as that amount of 2 hour episodes seems overkill IMO
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:07:14 PM by steve2013 »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »
Yes just corrected. Deadline's initial post was...confusing.

Still 11 EPS if we air 1 hour weekly between Jan 3 and Jan 31. Perhaps we still have not seen a full schedule??

We know they were VERY glad they had 29 to fill in a BIG hole in the schedule last time. Would love us to be ready!

There's also a 2 hour ep in January,  the 24th I believe.

Guys, I'm as pessimistic a fan as any. This is NOT a bad thing. Ratings are much higher in January than they are in April and May. Yes the last 4 episodes are against the Olympics, but so is big brother. This is NOT CBS throwing in the towel. This is GOOD news!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
No that fits with the Survivor return. Again, we fit their needs.

I'm thrilled except for us being up against the Olympics. But we'll get great DVR #'s!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 01:22:14 PM »
Good, this will give me something to watch during the Olympics because I sure don't watch them!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »
I love the Olympics!

So...I cannot find a full listing yet. Other than the premiere date CBS has not yet posted.

Here's what looks like it could be right. Based on Buddy TV's quote that it moves to TWO hours Feb 7.

Deadline states Jan 24th is 2 hours. If that is correct then if we have a 11 episode series we need to skip a week somewhere. If we get 12 episodes, then whoohoo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONE HOUR:

Jan 3  (Wed) 8-9PM PREMIERE
Jan 10 (Wed) 8-9 PM
Jan 17 (Wed) 8-9 PM

TWO HOUR:
Jan 24 (Wed) 8-10 PM
Jan 31 ?skipped or no?
Feb 7   (Wed) 9-11 PM
Feb 14 (Wed) 9-11 PM
Feb 21  (Wed) 9-11 PM FINALE

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
There is still an episode on the 31st. Deadline just didn't list it since it was a normal Wednesday schedule.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2017, 01:55:23 PM »
For those of us who normally watch both, it does present a conundrum. How is CBS going to handle streaming for delayed viewship.
And by the way, only two Wednesday’s are affected by the Olympics. To me, CBS is doing exactly what I’d thought they would do by going to a weeknight and not let the season sit on the shelf like 29 did. They’re trying two, nay three, things at the same time. Returning TAR to a weeknight, pairing it with Big Brother, and testing each of the three hours of prime time, and testing a between Survivor seasons model.
Just checked the Futon Critic showpage fot TAR.
1/31 is one hour. So January 3, 10, 17, and 31 are 1 hour; January 24, February 7, 14, and 21 are 2 hours. Start times are 8 pm ET for the 5 dates in January and 9 pm ET for the 3 dates in February.
(The only thing that could create a problem is the President’s State of the Union address if Congress sets it on a Wednesday night. It’s possible CBS has already built that in since those normally don’t start until 9 pm ET, and that could partially explain why we have such a nonlinear schedule for this season.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:26:42 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers