Author Topic: TAR 30: ALL SCHEDULING INFO HERE! >>RESUMES JAN 3!  (Read 24906 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 30: ALL SCHEDULING INFO HERE! >>RESUMES JAN 3!
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
Nothing new...but midseason updates are coming out.

Thought it would be fun to start our spec about when and where we might land!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANNOUNCED SCHEDULE:

Jan 3  (Wed) 8-9PM PREMIERE (EP1)
Jan 10 (Wed) 8-9 PM  EP2
Jan 17 (Wed) 8-9 PM  EP3
Jan 24 (Wed) 8-10 PM EP4 & 5
Jan 31 (Wed) 8-9  PM EP6
Feb 7  (Wed) 9-11 PM EP7 & 8
Feb 14 (Wed) 9-11 PM EP9 & 10
Feb 21 (Wed) 9-11 PM EP11 & FINALE (EP12)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:56:19 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: Spec on scheduling
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »
Do we think about maybe the same time as last year?

Personally, I think it will air around March, but really, it could be a summer show with BB20?

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
I wonder if it will depend on what they do with Celebrity BB.  Will that be multiple nights per week like the summer edition?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:37:42 PM »
I believe editing is in progress so perhaps they can get us ready sooner than March/April.

I know there was already one cancellation from the fall schedule but I believe that was filled already, and probably too soon with editing to be done...

I honestly don't know about BB yet, I would think the format will be much the same. As far as I know there is no date announced except early 2018.
Whether this is up against the Olympics or not is still TBD.

The Olympics will be airing Feb 8-27. If BB is aired then I would hope we would NOT be...although normally a slot right after could be good for us, so ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »
CBS has 4 hour-long shows left on their shelf, and 1 sitcom. Obviously the sitcom will slot into the Monday or Thursday lineup at some point this season.

The 4 hourlongs are TAR30, Elementary, Code black, and a new drama. There really aren't a lot of timeslots available on the schedule. Their new shows SWAT and Seal team both got full season orders. That leaves their other new show Wisdom of the crowd (Sundays at 8 ), as the only likely cancellation. So really the only slots I see available are Sundays at 8, and Wednesdays at 8 between Survivor seasons. I'm guessing we see something similar to last year, where we get scheduled for April.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
Wisdom of the crowd has 13 episodes and was not picked up for a full season yet. If it doesn't get picked up for a full season and it gets cancelled, it will be done by the end of December/early January depending on Holiday schedules. They could easily put TAR there and have it run. Also, Survivor ends in a few weeks. They usually put Undercover Boss in that slot for a few weeks. They could have TAR go in that slot in the middle of January and have it run until Survivor starts again. Or Celebrity Big Brother starts end of January/early February so they could put it after those episodes. It may not work to put it after BB Celebrity because that will only be on 4-6 weeks.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »
CBS usually releases its midseason schedule the last week of November towards the end of the week. Hopefully we will find out then

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:23:25 PM »
MacGyver might finish its season run early again and CBS slips TAR into that slot like the original plan this year.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »
MacGyver might finish its season run early again and CBS slips TAR into that slot like the original plan this year.

I really think January/February is most likely for TAR premiere in midseason along with Celebrity Big Brother.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »

I really think January/February is most likely for TAR premiere in midseason along with Celebrity Big Brother.

What timeslot are you putting it in? There are very few openings on the schedule until near the end of the season. Can't bank on Sundays at 8 since CBS has 4 other shows waiting as well. And Wednesdays between Survivor cycles would be very unlikely. More likely they would try to launch something new there as they did with last year's terrible 'Hunted.'

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »
Hunted was fab and it's a crime it wasn't renewed kthxbye

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
Hunted had potential but was the single most fake 'reality show' I have EVER seen. There may have been some shell of what actually happened buried somewhere in there, but it was obnoxious the number of rules that were not shared with the viewers, the amount of reenactments and fake acting by the hunters, and the phony reveals when it's actually production just telling the hunters where the team is.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »
Hunted is great so stop dissing plzthx.

Anyway, I could see TAR airing in the late January to March, as per Hunted did.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 08:31:36 PM »
I suspect CBS wants to avoid the Winter Olympics period, but TAR did run through those periods in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014, so there’s nothing stopping that.
CBS probably wants to have TAR avoid the CBS portion of March Madness (as Turner has the later rounds now) but that at most would be the first week.
My guess is that Celebrity B.B., which is intended to be much shorter won’t run for more than a month, and probably on against the Olympics.
My best guess is March with one or two back-to-back episodes so it ends during the May sweeps. But for the Winter Olympics, IMHO, that would have been February.
And did Undercover Boss even get a new episode order this year? Not sure that they did, there were so few of their episodes last season, it may be on a time out.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 10:30:15 PM »
What is the situation with the Piven allegations? Has CBS filmed a full season of Wisdom of the Crowd or might they use TAR as a replacement?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 01:13:02 AM »
What is the situation with the Piven allegations? Has CBS filmed a full season of Wisdom of the Crowd or might they use TAR as a replacement?

This is the only thing I can find:
“We are aware of the media reports and are looking into the matter,” a CBS spokesperson said in a statement to Deadline on Tuesday.

The network offered no additional details of what form or function any investigation was taking. Wisdom of the Crowd, from CBS TV Studios, is still be in production on its original 13-episode order.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/jeremy-piven-groping-entourage-set-cbs-wisdom-of-the-crowd-1202198720/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 11:55:01 AM »
It would be surprising if Wisdom of the crowd is on much longer. They've already extended their other new series, which is ominous. Combine that with rather poor ratings, plus the Piven stuff, and it's likely CBS is ready to move on. That opens a spot for something....just not necessarily the race.

As for the winter Olympics, while no network 'wants' to face them, the fact remains that it's still February sweeps, so networks will aim for their best possible results. That's probably not TAR at this point in its life, but it's possible.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Wisdom of the Crowd has been cancelled.

Also, Hunted was the best! Would love to see that again.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 03:21:57 PM »
I can see CBS moving another drama into that slot for mid season into May, and TAR 30 airing in the vacated slot.
I think CBS wants to avoid the awkward last minute scheduling that occurred with TAR 29. It didn’t do anyone any favors and did confuse fans who didn’t know about the shift to an earlier start date on short notice.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 08:21:22 PM »
Hunted was good, but definitely paled in comparison to the UK original.

That said, hoping for the best! Less than 3 days till we hopefully get good news!  :conf:

Personally banking on us airing in the vacated Survivor slot and coexisting with Big Brother ala TAR5.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 08:26:35 PM »
 I don't think we are going to hear that soon. But would be happy to be wrong!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 07:05:26 AM »
I could see us getting that Sunday at 8 spot, since it's been somewhat of a black hole since TAR vacated it. CBS still has a new drama, Instinct, which could be in play, but the other shows on their bench are Elementary and Code black, both of which have always been 10 pm shows, so they are hopefully non-factors.

If the celebrity big brother is in play though, that could be a problem. I could definitely see that getting Sundays at 8 along with Wednesdays at 8 until Survivor comes back. That's actually what I'm leaning toward now.

I do think we will find out soon. I believe it was close to this time last year we were given the April premiere date, which eventually moved up to March in the eleventh hour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 07:37:31 AM »

I do think we will find out soon. I believe it was close to this time last year we were given the April premiere date, which eventually moved up to March in the eleventh hour.

You are right! I checked our thread and we heard during the midseason upfronts on 11/30.

Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!

« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2016, 01:04:24 PM »

THE AMAZING RACE PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!
http://deadline.com/2016/11/cbs-midseason-schedule-ransom-saturday-training-day-doubt-premiere-dates-1201862064/

Looks like MacGyver will finish its run in April and TAR will just slip right back into its slot into the Summer.
It will be a 2-hour premiere on the 21st and settle into its regular 8pm timeslot the following week.
RFF's Golden Rule: