Author Topic: Big Brother's Marvin Mouths Off! TV Guide interview  (Read 2528 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Big Brother's Marvin Mouths Off! TV Guide interview
« on: September 13, 2004, 01:56:41 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/

Big Brother's Marvin Mouths Off!
by Angel Cohn

Unfortunately for Big Brother 5's Marvin Latimer, the same qualities that made him a great TV presence also made him a good number of enemies. Both a gamer and a playa, the self-proclaimed ladies' man made his female housemates uncomfortable by flirting incessantly; his status as a rogue male had the same effect on the Four Horsemen's boys' club. (Even he must now realize that he was the fall guy in the shaky Santa Monica Van Boy alliance he formed with Jase, Scott, Michael and Drew.) But perhaps his most egregious offense against the unwritten rules of conduct for Big Brother contestants was tellin' it like it was. (If there's any justice in the world of reality television, evil twin Adria is still licking her wounds after the tongue-lashing he delivered upon her ouster.) Mind you, we at TV Guide Online can handle the truth. So, before Marvin got sequestered in the jury house, we got the lowdown on his two-faced roomies.

TV Guide Online: Was being in the house harder than you expected?
Marvin Latimer: Hell, yes! It was like dying and going to hell, and being there with the most crazy people on the planet. I never thought it would be that tough.

TVGO: Was there ever a moment when you wanted to call it quits?
Marvin: Every day. But you gotta regain your focus and remember you are playing for $500,000. Everybody wanted to quit.

TVGO: You were a pretty powerful player — you even won Head of Household twice. Do you think you were perceived as a threat?
Marvin: Hell, yes. That's why I'm talking to you now. When you do it two times and win America's choice [to play a role on The Young and the Restless], people see a threat.

TVGO: Do you think you could have done anything differently that would have helped you win?
Marvin: Yes — kill or maim the other five people in the house. Seriously, the numbers were against me without an alliance.

TVGO: Why did you mostly avoid forming alliances?
Marvin: I played the numbers game and tried to play the least powerful player in two different alliances: the Santa Monica Van Boys and the gay mafia. I figured each alliance would pick off the most powerful member from [the other] alliance and leave me standing in the final four.

TVGO: Would you use that strategy again if you had the chance?
Marvin: Yes, I would. My problem came in because I didn't kiss ass like Karen, Cowboy and Drew!

TVGO: Will it be awkward to be in the jury house with Adria after you exchanged such harsh words as she was leaving?
Marvin: It will be hard for her but not for me. I could give a damn if Adria comes or goes. I'm cool about it, but if she got some mouth, I've got twice as much.

TVGO: Speaking of Adria, what did you think of this season's "Project DNA" twists?
Marvin: It shocked me. No one saw it coming. No one thought that Adria had a twin.

TVGO: You always seemed like the life of the party. How did you keep your spirits up?
Marvin: That was tough. I had to talk to these people about 16 or 17 hours per day, so I just made fun of their crazy asses.

TVGO: Do you really not like anyone in the house, or was that just an act?
Marvin: Lori... she was hot. I really did have feelings for Diane, but she is a bitch. Jase is probably a good guy out of the house, and I'd like to hang with him and Scott again. The rest of them, if I [never] see them again, that still would be too soon.

TVGO: Can you describe how it felt to get out of the house to be on Y&R?
Marvin: It was the best day of my life. To get out felt like a dream. You are in shock, and to meet the soap stars who act on the show was the bomb!

TVGO: Do you think it could turn into a recurring role?
Marvin: It was talked about me coming back. If the fans want it, maybe.

TVGO: Of all your housemates, who has the most annoying habits?
Marvin: Karen talking about her husband. Cowboy talking about [his fiancée] April. Jase in the mirror. Diane popping zits.

TVGO: Do you think Drew and Diane's relationship can survive this game?
Marvin: No, because Drew is playing her for the game but she is toooo damn dumb to see it, and he is a pansy.

TVGO: Did you have any embarrassing moments you wish you could take back?
Marvin: No... well, the last time I won HOH... stripped down to my underwear and jumped in the pool on the live show. Not sure if my mom is happy about that.

TVGO: What luxury did you miss most from the outside world?
Marvin: Hardcore hip-hop music, black culture, strip clubs and strippers.

TVGO: Would you ever do anything like this again?
Marvin: Never, never, never. Well... maybe for $100,000 per week. Tell CBS to give me my own show!

:()() :()() Marv ..LOL..just says whats on his mind....gotta love him...........puddin