Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!  (Read 117119 times)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2018, 02:52:27 PM »
Tasks that involve teams interacting with locals are always hilarious.

Okay, they did a Usain Bolt task. Now this leg just needs to have one to do with reggae music, maybe Bob Marley, to make this Jamaica visit complete :D

Your wish was granted with this episode's Bob Marley task and the greeter. Unfortunately, no music was involved.

Daniel & Eliyahu's pizza pit stop :lol:

Regev blaming the locals after they collapsed  :cmas3

Show content
Cramp nearly cost Adi & Meitar first place.

Another pure luck task before a Pit Stop, thankfully it was a NEL. Can't believe that Omer & Neta arrived seconds after Anne & Yarden. That was intense.

Greeter: "Did they (Omer & Neta) win?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Preview: Moscow

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »
While I am getting really upset at the level of pure luck-based tasks taking place right before the Pit Stop.....at least this one was really funny. "Daniel became a mime!"

I know it's the third season they're doing this, but it still feels so weird that there's no penalty at all for the last place team on a NEL. With all the Yields and U-Turns, you'd think they wouldn't shy away from handicapping a team in some way...

Pit Stop greeter, after [last-place team] left the Pit Stop mat cheering: "Did they win?"
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2018, 10:31:25 PM »
Hey, so quick inquiry... The Usain Bolt task supposedly took place in Granville on "Grant/Grand Street", but no such street exists anywhere in Granville. I see a "Granville Street" or something, but no Grand or Grant. Anyone know where it actually took place?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2018, 07:48:22 AM »
When I inputed the text into Google Translate after episode 17 aired, I got Grand Drive. Now, I get "Ganes Drive." Looking at Google Maps and listening closely to Ron, I think he said Gunns Drive. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.443394,-77.900848,291m/data=!3m1!1e3

I know I might be grasping at straws.

Comparing footage from grainy Google Maps of Gunns Drive, the first three houses on the race course are: a green house with a "cube" on its roof, a red house with a red roof, and a green house that protrudes inwards forming a "C" when looked at from above. Those also appear to be the first three houses of Gunns Drive. Also, the street is just under a half kilometer long, so it fits Ron's description of teams running 1 km up and down the street.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »
And still nobody is eliminated in Jamaica :P 7 legs in, a NEL was inevitable.

Finally getting out of the Americas in today's episode. It's been a while.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
After so many legs with provided drivers, we finally get taxi drama.

The professor yelling at teams in Russian is both random and hilarious.

Show content
Preview: Teams covering themselves in oil, laser challenge from TAR:AUvsNZ, TAR 20 helicopter

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2018, 09:22:21 PM »
It wouldn't be Russia without taxi nonsense!

I need help identifying some of the foods featured at the task in the restaurant. I've got Pelmeni, Pirozhki, Olivier Salad, Shuba Salad, Kompot, and Borscht. As for the other two, I'm not sure. One of them was identified as "Krusha Leg", which I can't make heads or tails of, and the other I never saw on screen at all! Anyone know?

Also, I know we only saw it for a brief couple of seconds, but does anyone know which Moscow airport that was? If I recall, they have like four...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:16:12 PM by G.B. »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2018, 03:02:23 PM »
Regev calling himself Goliath during the laser challenge  :cmaslol

I get that the Roadblock was a reference to Igor Sikorsky, but bringing over the TAR 20 helicopter task is still random.

Keep Neta away from helicopters (the pilot’s face when she was flying :lol: )

How did Eliyahu land in the rafters? :lol:

Show content
I've noticed this for a couple legs, but Meitar shutting down when his team is struggling at a task (this episode the laser task) has become repetitive.

Looks like we might also get 4 episodes in Moscow.

Preview: Acrobatics, Yarden gets injured, crying

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2018, 10:23:38 PM »
Hoo boy, what do we have for locations in this episode?

The laser task was said to take place on "Pudomania 9 Street", but Google can't make heads or tails of that. There's no labels on that building, and only a random sign outside that says "Faberge Egg Exhibition Moscow" out front.

The Roadblock is only said to take place in Sokolniki, a neighbourhood of Moscow. It's night, so the building they go into is difficult to see. The only thing I can say for certain is that this building has neon lights/LED screen that shows the current time and temperature right above the front entrance. You can see it when Yarden & Anne show up.

As to where they're going once the next episode starts, they say "Ramiantesv Acrobatics School" Again, Google can't make heads or tails of this...The Russian language sure complicates things!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:36:12 PM by Xoruz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2018, 11:49:46 PM »
Ah okay, I don't usually look at the Wikipedia page. There's such a teeny-tiny space between non-spoilers and spoilers there, a person like me needs surgeon-like precision to scroll down...

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2018, 12:02:14 AM »
Ugh, ANOTHER 4-episode leg? I hate those.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2018, 03:08:50 PM »
What I said about
Show content
Meitar
last episode still applies.

The circus theme was a fun idea and what happened at the picnic tables was bound to be emotional.

Show content
Preview: Teams dress as bears, Trepak performers, Pit Stop

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »
While the pictures at the picnic tables was heartwarming as per usual, blah blah blah, I'm more focused on the fact that one of the "loved ones pictures" for Helen was a picture of her SHOE CLOSET.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2018, 05:36:03 PM »
You have to imagine that Meitar's stubbornness when he fails a task will catch up to eventually and get him and Adi eliminated. Then again there are one or two NELs left so you never know.

Also that mad scramble shown for the pit stop makes me uneasy for a team like Daniel and Eliyahu that has a yield. I really hope they don't get eliminated. Although all they have to do is get there before fellow yieldees Regev and Helen and they're safe. We saw Helen crying on the mat so that might mean they're going home. We'll see.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »
Yay. The speculative filming sighting was correct :D

Show content
Going to Kyrgyzstan next! A TAR first

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »
Adi and the giant iPhone.  :cmaslol

Omer & Neta dropping the cake and losing the balloons.  :cmaslol

The birthday task was a hilarious local interaction task.

So, the Kalinka task was essentially a combination of Mariachi Madness and the potato task from HMLM 4 only harder.

Show content
Was shocked to Omer & Neta finsih first as were they.

We've talked about them for the past two episodes, so I'm not surprised Adi & Meitar finished last.

Kyrgyzstan  :cmas51
Teams failing to say Kyrgyzstan segment  :cmaslol

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »
I think I'm happy with this result. I started out liking
Show content
Meitar & Adi
but now don't like them as much. Conversely, I didn't start out liking
Show content
Evelyn
but I do like her now and respect her drive to compete.

Every time a team showed up at Alexander Hall, they showed an establishing shot of the Bolshoi Theatre. That was really confusing...

That birthday task is awesome. It's already a 1/366 chance to find someone whose birthday it is today, but luck decided to play even harder. The first woman found with a birthday walks away, refusing to take part...Regev & Helen find someone turning 60, so have to lift him on his chair 60 times, and Daniel & Eliyahu?

"Wow, Daniel. You found a girl with an orange allergy."  :cmaslol

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2018, 04:23:47 AM »
Awesome, thank you G.B. for letting me know.

So, it's a motion capture studio.

http://r-studios.ru/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:23:16 AM by Xoruz »

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2018, 12:13:21 PM »

So, the Kalinka task was essentially a combination of Mariachi Madness and the potato task from HMLM 4 only harder.

I totally get the Mariachi Madness comparison, but the potato task? I was thinking more along the lines of the second Namibia leg in Hamerotz 5 where they had to use a slingshot to launch a ball at what they thought was the right pitstop.

Also this last episode reminded me a lot of the Moscow legs in TAR 21. Not only did we have a time zone task, but a team almost got eliminated in 6th because they left something in their taxi. If only James and Abba were lucky enough to fulfill the "almost" part.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2018, 12:22:54 PM »
Mainly in how there were five answer options in the La Paz potato task and an incorrect answer would send teams to the wrong location. The Namibia slingshot task is also a fair comparison, it just slipped my mind when I posted.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2018, 03:28:04 PM »
Just a few stray observations regarding the last leg:

I guess there's no penalty for not having all your clues at the pitstop, or else
Show content
Evelin and Tohar
would have been eliminated. Then again with the long legs Hamerotz has, it would be a hassle to keep that many clues.

Show content
Adi and Meitar
got eliminated while having the second-highest average of the season, and actually had the highest average heading into this leg. The only other team eliminated this season without having the lowest average among remaining teams was Nimrod and Yonatan.

Also I may have had the rest of the season spoiled by accidentally clicking on the spoiler thread instead of the live thread. The spoilers were on the first page and said that an already-eliminated team finished in 5th, so I'm holding out hope that they're wrong. I'd hate to watch this far into the season only to suddenly find out what happened.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:31:44 PM by jfarbzz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2018, 09:50:36 PM »
I would have never in a million years seen this country as the next unvisited country to be reached. To be fair, though, I know next to nothing about the four "-stan" countries in that area.

I can already tell this is going to be a "fun" leg for me to track locations for. Already I'm having trouble finding anything they went to, since it was mostly in the rural countryside. The manure task took place on..."Politek"?

Wow, I think this is the first (if not, one of the first) times we've seen hail on the race.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »
Have to agree with Tohar, Kyrgyzstan's landscape does look like it belongs in National Geographic.

Regev annoying Daniel & Eliyahu with his singing :funny:

On screen graphic comparing Anne & Yarden to Xena Warrior Princess :funny:

Can't believe that there was so much drama with carpets.

Show content
The turn on the story with Daniel & Eliyahu and Anne & Yarden was pretty shocking. They sure do look angry in the preview.

G.B. Politech Ski Resort, much of this episode took place in Kashka Suu & the Ala Archa National Park.

The next episode starts in
Show content
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:22:26 PM by Xoruz »